Lets Remember Some Guys

theicebox

#MonixWatch
Jan 8, 2010
Pittsburgh
I think he was mentioned earlier, but Johan Hedberg has likely the most iconic goalie mask in Penguins history. The 2000-01 playoff run combined with Lemieux's comeback and the Straka-Lang-Kovalev line was so much fun. :yo:

Pittsburgh-Penguins-Johan-Hedberg-1568235536.jpg

Still Apps

The New Gig
Jan 10, 2012
Home
Bryan Smolinski- as a 24 year old he had 24 goals and 40 assists as the Pens 3rd line center in '95-'96. Pens wouldn't pay him and he was gone the next year. Easy come, easy go and mostly forgotten.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Can't find any corroborating evidence of this glitch...

Me neither, now...though decade-old glitches and gifs can be a bitch to find. It was pretty much the reverse of Madden's 11" tall linebacker from a few years ago, except Mike Zigomanis was 11 feet tall instead.

This may have been one of those glitches they quietly fixed before they realized they could just use them as a form of viral marketing (ie: making an advertisement based on checks sending players into the 20th row in NHL 12).

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I just remember a bunch of Penguins fans getting all hot and bothered with the vapors because of those HAWT faceoff wins that really gets a certain segment of hockey fans super jazzed for some reason.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Here's my all-time "This Dude Should Be Remembered" Post:

Jiří Hrdina. Not Jan, no relation. But Jiří Hrdina (drafted in 1984) was one of the first Czechoslovak players to come over post-Šťastný defections, where he won a Cup with Calgary in 1990. We traded him in December of that year to mentor another young Czech player. Some dude I forgot his name. Real promising, terrible hair, bad business instincts. Anyhow Jiří went on to play a very valuable support role for two years on the first two Pens Cup squads before retiring to work as a scout.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
But, see, the casual fans don't even know about faceoffs! So, it's a way of showing you're not like the other unwashed rabble.

I mean isn't that what it kind of is? Like trying to defend a horrible player you happen to like for some reason with "intangibles?" Or those weird football fans who always wanna butt in with "yeah but special teams wins games n'at!" We get it... you guys really, really wanna coach something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->