Lets Remember Some Guys

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Solid David J Roth reference.

I'm a lifelong J. Bob "Battleship" Kelly fan because he looks like a weed dealer with a super sweet conversion van.

e5114b38ece0343c0b03d366821f713d.jpg

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Taylor Chorney in 2014/15. He was Dumo’s partner in the AHL and they had some crazy stat where they were on on the ice for 5 goals together in the AHL all season.

Injuries hit (of course) and they both had to play in the playoffs. We only lasted a series but they were not scored on.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
The next great Crosby winger that never was (at least to hear a lot of people tell it) -- Andy Hilbert.

John LeClair was a Penguin for some reason. Ugh.

Steve McKenna wore the "C" for at least a game or two. That's ALSO a real shame.

That 02-03 team... holy shit. We know Mario and Kovalev were on that team but here some other select names: Dick "I Led The Team In Points One Year As A Defenseman" Tarnstrom, Jan Hrdina, Randy Robitaille, Wayne Primeau, Ville Nieminen, Rico Fata, Konstantin Koltsov, Shean Donovan, Alexandre flippin' Daigle, Marc Bergevin, Janne Laukkanen, Ian Moran, Eric Meloche, Richard Lintner, Hans Jonsson, Dan LaCouture, Andy Ference, Brian Holzinger, Dan Focht, Shawn Heins (#57), Hedberg, Valdamir Vujtek, Melichar, Caron...

...basically a who's who of garbage-era Penguins hockey. A truly impressive collection of late stage Craig Patrick misfits.

Last edited:

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
The most random Penguin I can think of is Lukas Bolf...the only reason I can remember him is because he signed my jersey during the 2003 training camp. (Not for sale, don't flood my PM box)

Reactions: Solution

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Vincent Tremblay. EJ was the brains behind the tank. Someone had to implement EJ’s plan and never even know he was doing it. Sort of like the Manchuria Candidate.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
Luca Caputi (only because I made the joke calling him Luca CaBooty that got laughs)
Jocelyn Thibault (because my mom's name is Jocelyn)
Rico Fata (just a random name I think of when I remember the dark years)

Also remember when Dick Tarnstrom lead the team in points in 2004?

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Man back then Rico Fata wasn't so random. As massively pathetic as it was... most of us were sort of hoping beyond hope that he would put it together and do something here since the team couldn't actually afford to go get real players.

Alas... he couldn't even put together how to not put himself offsides half a dozen times or more a game.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Man back then Rico Fata wasn't so random. As massively pathetic as it was... most of us were sort of hoping beyond hope that he would put it together and do something here since the team couldn't actually afford to go get real players.

Alas... he couldn't even put together how to not put himself offsides half a dozen times or more a game.

MAF's first career win at home vs Detroit, Rico Fata scored 2 goals...he actually cashed in on one of his 4 nightly breakaways. Still have the ticket. He was like Michael Grabner with half the talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad