Post-Game Talk: Let's go Broncos (and Jets) Jets win 4-1

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Unreal to see Hellebuyck get two records in one game. He for sure deserves to be a Vezina finalist against Vasilevsky and Rinne. I wouldn't be mad if he didn't win it, but he'd be my vote this season as Tampa and Nashville have a much better defensive core.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
OK, I'm back from the game and I'm not going to hunt through pages and pages of GDT and post game talk to see if this was already discussed but...

That was not an NHL hockey game. That was a f***ing pick-up game between buds that I wasted $300 on. I've seen more intensity in a training camp scrimmage. And yeah, I get why they did it. When tragedy strikes, we're all on the same team. We are all Humboldt. But the complete lack of compete from both sides was just a waste of time to me. It was like watching an all-star game without all-stars. Few hits, mostly of the harmless variety. Martinsen maybe didn't get the memo and had to be reminded on the bench, hey we're not doing that tonight. Board battles were non-existent. The pinnacle had to be when Kane give a little poke at Bucky when he covered up a puck. In a real game, a melee would have ensued. Here, a little push from didn't catch the number but I think his name was Broncos, a little love bump in passing from Buff. I guess I should have seen it coming when they said during the pre-game that tonight, we're not playing for the crest on the front of the jersey but the name on the back (Broncos).

Like was the entire NHL like that tonight, or was the Chinnipeg BlackJets scrimmage out of the ordinary? I'll bet the Avs and Blues played a real hockey game.

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
OK, I'm back from the game and I'm not going to hunt through pages and pages of GDT and post game talk to see if this was already discussed but...

That was not an NHL hockey game. That was a ****ing pick-up game between buds that I wasted $300 on. I've seen more intensity in a training camp scrimmage. And yeah, I get why they did it. When tragedy strikes, we're all on the same team. We are all Humboldt. But the complete lack of compete from both sides was just a waste of time to me. It was like watching an all-star game without all-stars. Few hits, mostly of the harmless variety. Martinsen maybe didn't get the memo and had to be reminded on the bench, hey we're not doing that tonight. Board battles were non-existent. The pinnacle had to be when Kane give a little poke at Bucky when he covered up a puck. In a real game, a melee would have ensued. Here, a little push from didn't catch the number but I think his name was Broncos, a little love bump in passing from Buff. I guess I should have seen it coming when they said during the pre-game that tonight, we're not playing for the crest on the front of the jersey but the name on the back (Broncos).

Like was the entire NHL like that tonight, or was the Chinnipeg BlackJets scrimmage out of the ordinary? I'll bet the Avs and Blues played a real hockey game.

Tell me how you really feel:sarcasm:
Sucks the value wasn’t there for you, but I’m happy with no injuries.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland

That was not an NHL hockey game. That was a ****ing pick-up game between buds that I wasted $300 on. I've seen more intensity in a training camp scrimmage. And yeah, I get why they did it. When tragedy strikes, we're all on the same team. We are all Humboldt. But the complete lack of compete from both sides was just a waste of time to me. It was like watching an all-star game without all-stars. Few hits, mostly of the harmless variety. Martinsen maybe didn't get the memo and had to be reminded on the bench, hey we're not doing that tonight. Board battles were non-existent. The pinnacle had to be when Kane give a little poke at Bucky when he covered up a puck. In a real game, a melee would have ensued. Here, a little push from didn't catch the number but I think his name was Broncos, a little love bump in passing from Buff. I guess I should have seen it coming when they said during the pre-game that tonight, we're not playing for the crest on the front of the jersey but the name on the back (Broncos).

I found the game entertaining.

Did you really expect intensity in a completely nothing game?

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014

Get over it.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Get over it.

Oh... I'll get over it. I'm looking forward to "getting over it".

Sometimes-evil-smile.gif

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012

The Jets really haven't been hitting since after the Nashville game. Seems like everyone has been on cruise control since then since neither the Jets nor the teams they have played against since that game have had anything to play for.

BrokerD

Apr 13, 2012

Have a seat, have a drink, take a deep breath and count your blessings. Hockey starts on Wednesday. If you then have a beef with the game I'm all ears.

Reactions: purdy44

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Wow waited a long time for a team this good. Enjoyed the season immensely. Thx PMo Chevy and the Jets staff and players....you will never know how long I've waited and how hopeful I am.
Painter pants and white Tee....see you all at Portage and Main

Since you played beside Anders and Bobby in ‘78? :nod:

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
The Jets really haven't been hitting since after the Nashville game. Seems like everyone has been on cruise control since then since neither the Jets nor the teams they have played against since that game have had anything to play for.

Up here in Winterpeg, we know the longer you leave the engine off, the less likely it is to start up again.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Remember when we were wishing to finally win 3 in a row? :laugh:

We won our last 5 - and, damn we looked good doing it. :D :banana:

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Oh noez, bad hockey between two teams with nothing to play for!

Unless there's a playoff spot or playoff position on the line, last game of the regular season is almost always a dud. Not sure if anyone remembers the Jets last game of 2014-15 against Calgary, but it was a snoozer. Nothing will ever beat this game, FYI:

Flyers History - Philadelphia Flyer Game Summary

Was about as intense as the penalty summary would suggest. Forget no penalties, there were no hits in this one. :laugh:

Reactions: YWGinYYZ

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
Remember when we were wishing to finally win 3 in a row? :laugh:

We won our last 5 - and, damn we looked good doing it. :D :banana:

Those last 5 games felt like they were just going thru the motions.

AND IT FELT AMAZING, PERVERTED EVEN!
(This is a call out to Avgard aka The Hockey Professor aka Sir Avgard aka That dude who always made you take a second look aka Avante-garde hockey mind)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad