DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
Going into the playoffs with a lot of optimism
04gyndL.gif

Wedgeden

Mar 31, 2012
Doesn't Winnipeg have more ROW than Boston? Aren't they officially 2nd in the league now?

Reactions: Kgame

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
If Boston beats Florida by 1 goal we're exactly tied in every possible tie breaking scenario listed by the league so not sure how that would work... coin toss for draft position I guess?
What if they get a shootout win?
NHL.com isn’t loading for me to check

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Doesn't Winnipeg have more ROW than Boston? Aren't they officially 2nd in the league now?

If they won tomorrow, by two goals, they would pass us.

If they won by one goal, they would tie us in Points, ROW, and Goal Differential

Not sure what happens after that. I guess head to head?

Whats our record against Boston this year?

trebor204

Jul 3, 2013
I believe Boston can still catch Winnipeg for 2nd overall.
If Boston beats Florida (not in a shootout) on Sunday

Both teams will have 114 pts and 48 (ROW).
In the head-to-head series, both teams won in a shootout.
Then the next tie-breaker will be Goal Against.
Right now Winnipeg is +59, Boston is +58, with a win (of by 1 goal) Boston will at +59, a Boston win by 2+ goals will give them 2nd spot. If Boston only wins by 1 goal, than both teams will be tied for 2nd. (And if the Winnipeg-Boston) play in Stanley Cup who gets home ice advantage?

cnauta

Oct 22, 2011
If Boston wins tomorrow by 2 or more goals in regulation then they will get second overall. If Boston wins by only goal or if they win in overtime then both Winnipeg and Boston are tied in all tie breaking scenarios. If any other scenario happens then the Jets get second place.

I am not sure how the NHL breaks ties after all tie breaking scenarios are exhausted when a playoff qualifying position is not being contested? If this was a playoff qualifying scenario then both teams would play a one game match to determine the winner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad