Post-Game Talk: Let's go Broncos (and Jets) Jets win 4-1

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
If I’m not mistaken the goal differential for
the Jets is also improved by the Shootout record. Our 4-2 record gives us a plus 2 in the standings getting us to a gd of +61. Bruins have to win by 3 to tie us as their SO record is 3-3 and they sit at +58 now. That bump from the shootout record implies to me the total wins don’t matter after RO wins. We just get an extra +2 towards that tiebreaker

The NHL assigns a GD of +1 to the team that wins a SO and -1 to the team that loses a SO.

The GD that the NHL publishes in their standings is the one used for tie breaking scenarios

IMG_0860.jpg

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Tell me how you really feel:sarcasm:
Sucks the value wasn’t there for you, but I’m happy with no injuries.
No injuries was key. Happily the Hawks were willing to play along. Players heading out for summer vacation or no more interested in spending the next 8 weeks rehabing a separated shoulder than a guy going into the playoffs. Hawks have been in cruise mode many times and respected the Jets team IMO. You add in the horrific tragedy in Saskatchewan and it was as expected.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
The Jets really haven't been hitting since after the Nashville game. Seems like everyone has been on cruise control since then since neither the Jets nor the teams they have played against since that game have had anything to play for.
Agreed, but no different than the other front runners that have locked up spots. Only difference is the Jets have kept winning all their games and have avoided some of the real stinkers other top teams have laid. Let's just hope we get use to the foot off the gas, healing up and conserving energy part of the season in coming years. All top teams do it as the players know they are going into a 2 month battle that will demand everything from them to come out on top.

Reactions: JetsFan815

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I can only imagine how it would have looked if the Jets had gone out and started banging and crashing in this completely meaningless game (you know, for nobody important). The Hawks guys would be thinking "wtf is wrong with you idiots??"

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
OK, I'm back from the game and I'm not going to hunt through pages and pages of GDT and post game talk to see if this was already discussed but...

That was not an NHL hockey game. That was a ****ing pick-up game between buds that I wasted $300 on. I've seen more intensity in a training camp scrimmage. And yeah, I get why they did it. When tragedy strikes, we're all on the same team. We are all Humboldt. But the complete lack of compete from both sides was just a waste of time to me. It was like watching an all-star game without all-stars. Few hits, mostly of the harmless variety. Martinsen maybe didn't get the memo and had to be reminded on the bench, hey we're not doing that tonight. Board battles were non-existent. The pinnacle had to be when Kane give a little poke at Bucky when he covered up a puck. In a real game, a melee would have ensued. Here, a little push from didn't catch the number but I think his name was Broncos, a little love bump in passing from Buff. I guess I should have seen it coming when they said during the pre-game that tonight, we're not playing for the crest on the front of the jersey but the name on the back (Broncos).

Like was the entire NHL like that tonight, or was the Chinnipeg BlackJets scrimmage out of the ordinary? I'll bet the Avs and Blues played a real hockey game.

You can’t be serious.

Believe it or not sometimes “real life” has effects on sporting events. These players are all connected to what happened to Humboltd in some way, shape or form. They can all relate, they can all feel in their minds and souls what took place within the hockey community. They’re human beings not robots you seem to expect them to be for the sake of your dollar.

Get over your $300. You’ll make it back and enjoy another game one day, those 15 individuals were lost from this earth tragically and all too soon. Though it appears a bit difficult for you to comprehend, it seems pretty obvious it has shaken the entire hockey community emotionally to the core.

I feel sorry for you, and it isn’t because you’re out $300 on a dud NHL game.

Last edited:

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
What a season !
I would have never thought we’d get 52 wins.
Maurice and staff guided this club wonderfully through many injuries.
Hellebuyck is the MVP hands down.
Wheeler has emerged as a fantastic leader.
Chevy getting Stastny was shrewd.
Depth wow!
I have eaten so much crow this year and deservedly so.
GJG

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Jets score and everyone cheers
" Look at them, clapping for Patrick Sharp"

Jets fans do Broncos chant
" Listen to them, cheering on Sharp"

Jets finish a historic season and playoffs start next week
" And they are on their feet, for Patrick Sharp"

Ya that whole aspect of the game was a bit annoying. Especially at the end of the game where the Jets just sealed the best season in their franchise history in front of their home fans and as the buzzer rings the camera focuses on Patrick Sharp for quite an extended time. Didn’t even see the Jets celebrate.
Mostly maddening when it’s a Canadian broadcaster.
But that only put a tiny damper on what was a great night! In 6 weeks or so, every Canadian will be celebrating with us, probably even the CBC. (Unless they cut to Austin Matthew’s comments from his living room).

Reactions: BrokerD

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
it was what it was...

If you want meaningful games at the end of the season, it's because your team is struggling to make the playoffs. If you get duds, it's because you are either in the playoffs or out of the playoffs. No solution to this because the games need to be played.

The events were tragic without having to say so, but even if it hadn't happened, this game was going to be a dud.

I would take having dud games at the end of the season because we are in the playoffs all the time.

Reactions: sipowicz and Guerzy

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
OK, I'm back from the game and I'm not going to hunt through pages and pages of GDT and post game talk to see if this was already discussed but...

That was not an NHL hockey game. That was a ****ing pick-up game between buds that I wasted $300 on. I've seen more intensity in a training camp scrimmage. And yeah, I get why they did it. When tragedy strikes, we're all on the same team. We are all Humboldt. But the complete lack of compete from both sides was just a waste of time to me. It was like watching an all-star game without all-stars. Few hits, mostly of the harmless variety. Martinsen maybe didn't get the memo and had to be reminded on the bench, hey we're not doing that tonight. Board battles were non-existent. The pinnacle had to be when Kane give a little poke at Bucky when he covered up a puck. In a real game, a melee would have ensued. Here, a little push from didn't catch the number but I think his name was Broncos, a little love bump in passing from Buff. I guess I should have seen it coming when they said during the pre-game that tonight, we're not playing for the crest on the front of the jersey but the name on the back (Broncos).

Like was the entire NHL like that tonight, or was the Chinnipeg BlackJets scrimmage out of the ordinary? I'll bet the Avs and Blues played a real hockey game.
I'm sorry you are out $300 bucks (a game you knew meant nothing anyway).

I'm sure the parents, coaches, billot families etc etc of the 12 dead hockey players feel your pain.

The guys on the ice last night, the coaches, trainers, referees, scorekeepers... most of these guys grew up in the environment of riding the busses through their early careers. They know the struggle, the camaraderie and incredible pain that people around the Broncos are feeling right now. I'd bet lots of them know someone directly affected.

They might not give a shit that you didn't get your money's worth last night. After all, that's far more important than losing 15 people in our hockey community.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: FFHockey

BrokerD

Apr 13, 2012
Sorry if my view of the game offended so many. Other **** happened afterward that had me in a seriously pissy mood by the time I got home. They could have won the Cup last night and I probably would have found something to ***** about.

All good :thumbu:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad