Post-Game Talk: Let's go Broncos (and Jets) Jets win 4-1

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Nice regular season. That was a real nice tribute that both teams put on for the Broncos.

Now bring on the playoffs.

I liked the gesture of all wearing Broncos name on the jerseys. It can't undo what happened but it was touching. We can hope that these things bring at least a little comfort to the families and friends of the dead and injured.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
That Goal Differential!

saO1R5V.png

You should have snipped one more row. Toronto +45. Pretty sharp division separating the top 4 teams in the league. :D :laugh:

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Those last 5 games felt like they were just going thru the motions.

AND IT FELT AMAZING, PERVERTED EVEN!
(This is a call out to Avgard aka The Hockey Professor aka Sir Avgard aka That dude who always made you take a second look aka Avante-garde hockey mind)

The Jets make the playoffs after the hockey professor graces this board with his presence. Kyle Connor becomes a 1st line player after being called out by the professor. Coincidence? I think not.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Nice to finish off the season with a convincing adjCF and xGF win - and a straight-up scorsi win, to boot.

Here's the final CF/xGF Win-Loss record for the season:
GPWLOTPts%GFGADiff
adjCF% > 50513885.794184111+73
xGF% > 50463673.81516894+74
adjCF% < 503114125.53292106-14
xGF% < 503616137.542108123-15
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

The Jets won the adjCorsi battle 62.2% of the time this year, and the xGF battle in 56.1% of their games.

Reactions: YWGinYYZ

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
OK, I'm back from the game and I'm not going to hunt through pages and pages of GDT and post game talk to see if this was already discussed but...

That was not an NHL hockey game. That was a ****ing pick-up game between buds that I wasted $300 on. I've seen more intensity in a training camp scrimmage. And yeah, I get why they did it. When tragedy strikes, we're all on the same team. We are all Humboldt. But the complete lack of compete from both sides was just a waste of time to me. It was like watching an all-star game without all-stars. Few hits, mostly of the harmless variety. Martinsen maybe didn't get the memo and had to be reminded on the bench, hey we're not doing that tonight. Board battles were non-existent. The pinnacle had to be when Kane give a little poke at Bucky when he covered up a puck. In a real game, a melee would have ensued. Here, a little push from didn't catch the number but I think his name was Broncos, a little love bump in passing from Buff. I guess I should have seen it coming when they said during the pre-game that tonight, we're not playing for the crest on the front of the jersey but the name on the back (Broncos).

Like was the entire NHL like that tonight, or was the Chinnipeg BlackJets scrimmage out of the ordinary? I'll bet the Avs and Blues played a real hockey game.

What did you expect given the standings situation and what happened in Saskatchewan? Seriously give your head a shake.

114 points and you bitch about this....

unreal..

Last edited by a moderator:

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Is it time somone collects all the trade propsols from the begining of the season, where posters from Montreal and other places, said we need to give up half our team for a goalie?

Should be a giggleparty :p

Whileee

May 29, 2010
OK, I'm back from the game and I'm not going to hunt through pages and pages of GDT and post game talk to see if this was already discussed but...

That was not an NHL hockey game. That was a ****ing pick-up game between buds that I wasted $300 on. I've seen more intensity in a training camp scrimmage. And yeah, I get why they did it. When tragedy strikes, we're all on the same team. We are all Humboldt. But the complete lack of compete from both sides was just a waste of time to me. It was like watching an all-star game without all-stars. Few hits, mostly of the harmless variety. Martinsen maybe didn't get the memo and had to be reminded on the bench, hey we're not doing that tonight. Board battles were non-existent. The pinnacle had to be when Kane give a little poke at Bucky when he covered up a puck. In a real game, a melee would have ensued. Here, a little push from didn't catch the number but I think his name was Broncos, a little love bump in passing from Buff. I guess I should have seen it coming when they said during the pre-game that tonight, we're not playing for the crest on the front of the jersey but the name on the back (Broncos).

Like was the entire NHL like that tonight, or was the Chinnipeg BlackJets scrimmage out of the ordinary? I'll bet the Avs and Blues played a real hockey game.
Wait, you went to game 82 between a team cemented in a playoff slot and an also-ran and you actually expected something different? That's kinda amusing...

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast

Seriously what did you expect?
I don't know how the players even played?
I had a hard time watching the game ... all I could think about was those kids who lost their lives in the bus crash. Every single hockey player rode on one of those buses so I can guarantee you it effected every single player.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jet and purdy44

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
We currently have one more ROW and one more in goal differential. Season series is tied.

Obviously if Boston doesn’t win we finish ahead of them.

If Boston wins in a SO we would place ahead of them. (ROW tiebreaker)

If Boston wins in OT we would be tied in every way (not sure how they break it. Coin toss?)

If Boston wins by 1 in regulation same scenario as above.

If Boston wins in regulation by 2 or more they would get 2nd overall
If you ask me I think its a dumb tie breaker rule.
Most wins should count first
Jets ........... 52 Wins
Boston ..... 50 Wins
If both team have the same amount of wins then it should go to ROW

Reactions: Guerzy

Whileee

May 29, 2010
The Jets really haven't been hitting since after the Nashville game. Seems like everyone has been on cruise control since then since neither the Jets nor the teams they have played against since that game have had anything to play for.
Jets have done fine down the stretch...

League

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
so are the jets locked in for 2nd in the league with that win?

even if the Bruins win tomorrow the jets will have more wins

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
so are the jets locked in for 2nd in the league with that win?

even if the Bruins win tomorrow the jets will have more wins

There are discussions about this one or two pages back, plus in the around the League thread. It's not that simple. It's possible for them to actually tie (on all tie breakers) if the Bruins win clean, and only by one goal.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Jets score and everyone cheers
" Look at them, clapping for Patrick Sharp"

Jets fans do Broncos chant
" Listen to them, cheering on Sharp"

Jets finish a historic season and playoffs start next week
" And they are on their feet, for Patrick Sharp"

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018

It was all a ploy by Winnipeg to get injuries down before the playoffs.

Unruhch

Oct 20, 2013
There are discussions about this one or two pages back, plus in the around the League thread. It's not that simple. It's possible for them to actually tie (on all tie breakers) if the Bruins win clean, and only by one goal.
If I’m not mistaken the goal differential for
the Jets is also improved by the Shootout record. Our 4-2 record gives us a plus 2 in the standings getting us to a gd of +61. Bruins have to win by 3 to tie us as their SO record is 3-3 and they sit at +58 now. That bump from the shootout record implies to me the total wins don’t matter after RO wins. We just get an extra +2 towards that tiebreaker

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011

is this post a joke? It has to be...

Reactions: Jet and Channelcat

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
What a unbelievable and fun year boys and girls , still a little bit in shock at what has happened this season . :amazed: To me we have 2 MVP'S and alot of others that had great years . Helly stepping in after the horrible start of our would be starting goalie was the first huge turning point of the year . :clap: The second was how Wheeler stepped up for the team when Scheif went down . :clap:Our GDT'S were awesome all year , Zhamnov and Mud , just a fantastic job . :clap:Again it's been alot of fun all season guys , NOW LETS GO KICK SOME PLAYOFF ASS !!!! :yo: GO JETS GO !!!!!

Reactions: Mud Turtle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad