OT: Lets Go Birds! (All Baseball Talk Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AVictoryDive

Jan 7, 2013
Collinsville, IL
Trade Carp and Fowler for a few prospects or picks. Then Carlson and Gorman play. Can they really be much worse? I would hope that both Carp and Fowler will be on a short lease this year..
I know this might be easier said than done but with the shift that they always seem to put on carp should learn to just bunt down the line. Might make teams think twice?
They both have no trade clauses so they’re kind of stuck with both of them. Also Carp has supposedly reverted back to hitting to all fields and not pulling for the homer in. Let’s hope he actually hits

AVictoryDive

Jan 7, 2013
Collinsville, IL
The 2020 Cardinals Official Motto.
I get why people are pessimistic and cynical about their year but the Cardinals have been one of the nest run organizations in all of sports. Their success has come more from internal development rather than buying championships via free agency. If the young guns work out they might have something special there

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
I get why people are pessimistic and cynical about their year but the Cardinals have been one of the nest run organizations in all of sports. Their success has come more from internal development rather than buying championships via free agency. If the young guns work out they might have something special there
Do we have many young gun position players besides Carlson? And that hasn't exactly been the strategy in trading for Goldy and Ozuna.

Carson Kelly had almost the exact same OPS as Goldy last season. And we gave Goldy a big contract a year before he hit free agency.

We have been middling for a few years now, too good to tank (like I said, you really have to suck to tank in MLB), but not nearly good enough to compete.

5 years ago, I would have agreed that we were one of the best run in baseball, but the rest of the league has caught up to us operationally.

Zizzle

Oct 29, 2019
One of the best run organizations? That have numerous bad trades and signings.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Really dislike current management and FO. Not a Marp fan either.

I feel like the FO and a lot of Cards fans overrate and underrate the wrong players.

Fowler isn't trash but get mad at MO for giving him all that money.

Marp is awful. Straight up. But for some reason Cards fans drool for the guy and his dumbass salsa.

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
FO is so arrogant. Dewitt sounds so full of himself when he talks about the Red Sox and their current situation. He points to the Betts situation and the fact that they don't project very well this season, even though they have 2 world series titles in the bank in the past 7 years. I don't understand how you use that example as leverage over the fanbase. He rakes in a fortune yet plays the safe card or mismanages the checks he writes. He's publicly admitted that LaRussa had to constantly fight with ownership to get them to invest in talent. Even Theo Epstein called us sleeping giant a couple years ago because he knows the kind of foundation and resources this franchise sits on. He has way to much say in the roster construction and talent evaluation of the big club. Easily the Jerry Jones of baseball. He needs to get out of the way and maybe support the vision of the people that have an actual background in the game. Also, in comparison (as far GM's go), the Armstrong/Mozeliak interview on KMOX is a funny listen. These two couldn't be further apart personality-wise. The over-stated/-hyped/-exaggerated "Cardinal way" vs the grounded blue-collar culture of the Blues organization. Birds are smoke and mirrors. Blues are success-driven and transparent, even when things aren't great.

Last edited:

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
FO is so arrogant. Dewitt sounds so full of himself when he talks about the Red Sox and their current situation. He points to the Betts situation and that fact that they don't project very this season, even though they have 2 world series titles in the bank in the past 7 years. I don't understand how you use that example as leverage over the fanbase. He rakes in a fortune yet plays the safe card or mismanages the checks he writes. He's publicly admitted that LaRussa had to constantly fight with ownership to get them to invest in talent. Even Theo Epstein called us sleeping giant a couple years ago because he knows the kind of foundation and resources this franchise sits on. He has way to much say in the roster construction and talent evaluation of the big club. Easily the Jerry Jones of baseball. He needs to get out of the way and maybe support the vision of the people that have an actual background in the game. Also, in comparison (as far GM's go), the Armstrong/Mozeliak interview on KMOX is a funny listen. These two couldn't be further apart personality-wise. The over-stated/-hyped/-exaggerated "Cardinal way" vs the grounded blue-collar culture of the Blues organization. Birds are smoke and mirrors. Blues are success-driven and transparent, even when things aren't great.
There are a lot of people that will blindly follow the organization without challenging it. Can’t blame the FO if people will tolerate it without question.

Its the same with political parties.

Sheep will be sheep

Last edited:

Veneficus

Sep 30, 2014
It's really no different than it has been for the last 5 years or so. A decent roster but, everyone has to have a career years to be a threat. Its pathetic

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
FO is so arrogant. Dewitt sounds so full of himself when he talks about the Red Sox and their current situation. He points to the Betts situation and that fact that they don't project very this season, even though they have 2 world series titles in the bank in the past 7 years. I don't understand how you use that example as leverage over the fanbase. He rakes in a fortune yet plays the safe card or mismanages the checks he writes. He's publicly admitted that LaRussa had to constantly fight with ownership to get them to invest in talent. Even Theo Epstein called us sleeping giant a couple years ago because he knows the kind of foundation and resources this franchise sits on. He has way to much say in the roster construction and talent evaluation of the big club. Easily the Jerry Jones of baseball. He needs to get out of the way and maybe support the vision of the people that have an actual background in the game. Also, in comparison (as far GM's go), the Armstrong/Mozeliak interview on KMOX is a funny listen. These two couldn't be further apart personality-wise. The over-stated/-hyped/-exaggerated "Cardinal way" vs the grounded blue-collar culture of the Blues organization. Birds are smoke and mirrors. Blues are success-driven and transparent, even when things aren't great.
it sucks because it makes me shit not wanna give a shit until something changes

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Jordan Walker, HS 3B. Apparently he's a really good defender with high power potential. He's 6'5".

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
I must confess I had no idea the MLB draft was even taking place last night. Hopefully Walker pans out and can be another big bat along with Carlson and Gorman.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad