Let's Forget Some Guys

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Army was a decent player though Whitney was a bust.

Whitney was disappointing because he was 10 ply. I wouldn't say he was a total bust. Though for 5 OA you'd like to do a bit better, of course.

Armstrong was also a first rounder, of course. 21st overall. You might be interested to know that Whiney actually has more points as a defenseman (50 more to be exact) than Armstrong does as a forward over the course of roughly the same amount of games. Whitney also has at least a partial excuse of having what turned out to be career-shortening injury issues. Armstrong's best season was 22g-18a-40p... for the Thrashers.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Not a fan of Armstrong’s cheapshots behind the net either.

I think they were legal at the time. For a 21st I always thought we could have done better but it was a pretty crappy draft after 21. Our best move would have been to draft David Steckel, who went at 30, which Presumably would have benefited 87’s career more than playing with Army.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Robert Dome. I was at that draft.

Actually, other than him being drafted in the first round I remember absolutely nothing about him. What type of player was he supposed to be?

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
I think they were legal at the time. For a 21st I always thought we could have done better but it was a pretty crappy draft after 21. Our best move would have been to draft David Steckel, who went at 30, which Presumably would have benefited 87’s career more than playing with Army.

Trying to change history never works.

If Steckel isn't the one who hits Sid like that in the Outdoor game, it would have been someone else, but it would have happened the exact same way.

It's a fixed point in history. Time Travel can't stop it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad