Let's Forget Some Guys

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
In my old age, I cannot remember if somebody mentioned Richard Lintner.

One of the gem's from the Kovalev trade.

Dave Molinari on the Penguins: Unlikely Lintner to wear Penguins uniform again

"Gifted as he is, Lintner has major problems when forced to read and react, because hockey sense is no more than a trace element in the makeup of his game. It isn't any prettier when he's forced to work in his own zone, because he is marshmallow-soft and, during his time in the NHL, wasn't just a defensive liability; he was a defensive no-show.

Any body contact he initiated was strictly incidental, and there were times when forwards got past him so effortlessly that they appeared to go through him. Even on slow-motion replays.

Lintner never seemed to grasp his considerable limitations in the defensive end -- when he was told late in the 2002-03 season that he would be used on the wing for a game, he reacted as if he had learned his puppy had been stolen -- but that would be less of an issue now than it was when he was in the NHL."

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Lintner had a fairly good size and it took NHL teams a while to understand that he really really doesn't play any defense. But solid with the puck, fine hands and heavy shot.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Lintner had a fairly good size and it took NHL teams a while to understand that he really really doesn't play any defense. But solid with the puck, fine hands and heavy shot.
I always wish some player called him Dick Lint as his nickname...what a wasted opportunity.

Solution

May 20, 2010
Cheswick, PA

If he had Andrew Ference's desire to play, he might have been a decent player. As it was, he was a waste of a roster spot.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Maxim Lapierre; who JR supposedly had to ask Crosby for permission to bring in.

That dude sucked.

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
I must respectfully disagree with your assessment of Mr. Lintner. Even with his offensive ability, I feel like his lack of desire to play defense would not have gone over well even today.

I feel like some bottom dweller would have him, let him rack up points and ship him to a contender for a playoff run as a missing piece/sheltered part who can chip in. And then someone like JR would sign him to an awful deal saying they can teach him defense while his offensive upside is too good to pass up.

Solution

May 20, 2010
Cheswick, PA
I feel like some bottom dweller would have him, let him rack up points and ship him to a contender for a playoff run as a missing piece/sheltered part who can chip in. And then someone like JR would sign him to an awful deal saying they can teach him defense while his offensive upside is too good to pass up.

I am not sure anybody would have tolerated his lack of defense that much, but I have been known to be wrong before.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->