Pre-Game Talk: Lers vs Leafs - Jan 4, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Funny people thinking we will actually get a powerplay tomorrow.

Hoping they call up marody and Skinner but not surprising if they go with Smith in net.
Who even cares at this point. EDM's PP crashed back down to earth and it's very average. lol.

Dumb question but I thought Toronto had to be at half capacity and was postponing games?

Could still happen. Don't players have to be tested game day as well? So if more players test positive then the game would more than likely get postponed.

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
I thought public executions were illegal in Canada.
Wow! The Toronto media are taking their Leafs propaganda to the next level. o_O
rXG8rnJ6hT4n6.gif

Gotta love dark humor. Especially in terrible times like this.

Reactions: Shaquille Oatmeal

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Who even cares at this point. EDM's PP crashed back down to earth and it's very average. lol.

Could still happen. Don't players have to be tested game day as well? So if more players test positive then the game would more than likely get postponed.

Here's to hoping. Don't feel like seeing a bunch of drunken TO fans gloating in here after they demolish us

illegalsmile

Nov 27, 2021
Behind you!
Kostco let's everything in..

This is an unfair attack on the guy. I mean, stuff like this only happens when he's actually inside the blue paint, which is only around 30% of the time. So the kind of tomfoolery, you've posted here, is rare. Often, he's not even close to the blue. You must know as well as I do, more often than not, he's usually to be found having a skate around on his own and reading the banners, (or whatever the f*** it is, he seems to be doing half the time...)

Dakkon

Aug 20, 2021
Sherwood Park
Funny people thinking we will actually get a powerplay tomorrow.

Hoping they call up marody and Skinner but not surprising if they go with Smith in net.
Haha if McDavid’s out with Covid watch the flood gates open with pp’s for EDM coming fast and furious, it’s the perfect opportunity for the NHL to give Edm a bunch of PP’s and bring down that Percentage without giving a 1 in 3 chance for a goal.

Reactions: bone

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006

Excellent analysis here. Maybe Holland should hire an analytics guy since we're the only team that doesn't have one.

Whyme

Nov 3, 2019
It'll be Drai-Hyman-Yamo-Barrie-Foegele I bet

Could be. I think it's just crazy they don't even want to see what they've got in Jesse. For at least a couple of years fans over here were talking a lot about wanting to see Pulju on the PP, it was even pretty extreme at a time. Now it seems it's like no-one else even remembrs he used to be pretty damn good there.

While I'm not comparing them imagine having Drai out of PP (or giving a bit of time as a net presence) for five years and then giving him a chance. There's a real possibility Pulju would be an important element as well. To me it's like not even trying to maximize the success.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
This is what happens when your coach acts like an idiot and scapegoats individual players. Tippet put Koskinen in a position where he pretty much had to say something in response. I’d say good on Koskinen for firing back, but I doubt these comments are doing much to improve morale on an already fragile club. Way to go Tippett you goof.

Whyme

Nov 3, 2019
Good for Mikko. I don't care how bad a goalie is...a coach doesn't throw the goalie under the bus, especially when the team can't score goals. I hope these comments cement the firing of Tippett

Tippett has clearly realized he might be gone any day. Koskinen's first goal was really bad but he's also played Tippett some points this season.

A new goalie may be needed as one can't count anything on Smith, but at this stage Tippett is using Koskinen as an excuse. I wouldn't be surprised if he was sacked and then complains in the media how he did what he could and the team played well, but he can't be a goalie.

After this kind of a comment Koskinen's situation in the team won't be nice. However, I think the same applies to Tippett.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad