Pre-Game Talk: Lers vs Leafs - Jan 4, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garbo Man

Meh
Oct 15, 2017
Sherwood Park
I also think the team can do well without McDavid for a game or two as the others probably want to show they can get points without him too. I think this would be a perfect opportunity to try Pulju on McDavid's PP spot, would also be good for the team to see what they've got there, but I have no hopes that Tippett will do this. It'll probably be someone like Turris or Shore instead.
It'll be Drai-Hyman-Yamo-Barrie-Foegele I bet

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
The Oilers are +11 with McDavid on the ice and -22 without him on the ice over the past 15 games.

Are you sure about that?

Player Season Totals - Natural Stat Trick

Sorry, you're right. Everyone's been talking about the last 12, so I looked at that instead of the last 15. However, it is skewed quite a bit from him being on for 11 GF in the first 3 games of that sample size (almost half of all the GF over the 15 game stretch).

Igor Ulanov

Nov 20, 2021
We have a 4 day break after the game tomorrow, ample time to get rid of Tippett. A loss could very well be the final straw for him.

Good on McDavid for taking one for the team and sitting out to guarantee a loss.

There is over a week break after the game against Ottawa as well - a change could happen at any time!

Rengorlex

Aug 25, 2021
Are you sure about that?

Sorry, you're right. Everyone's been talking about the last 12, so I looked at that instead of the last 15. However, it is skewed quite a bit from him being on for 11 GF in the first 3 games of that sample size (almost half of all the GF over the 15 game stretch).

McDavid's line has been dominating in possession all season long. The difference in the xg ratio that this team has with him on ice versus without him on ice is as extreme as you'll ever see in this league.

Nobody's without fault, but this team isn't struggling because of McDrai and people need to stop getting mad at them when they fail to single-handidly win games.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
It's gonna be fun for sure. What could go wrong? They are missing Matthews and we are missing McDavid. No biggie.

Luckily we have a well balanced roster and can overcome some adversity

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
McDavid's line has been dominating in possession all season long. The difference in the xg ratio that this team has with him on ice versus without him on ice is as extreme as you'll ever see in this league.

Nobody's without fault, but this team isn't struggling because of McDrai and people need to stop getting mad at them when they fail to single-handidly win games.
It is an oiler tradition to shit on the best players while ignoring the raging dumpster fire around them!

trick91

Jun 7, 2012
Funny people thinking we will actually get a powerplay tomorrow.

Hoping they call up marody and Skinner but not surprising if they go with Smith in net.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018

I guess if it's gonna happen eventually to Captain, best it's now. Only 2 games the next 14 days (leafs/sens). Four games cancelled, 3 home games (Isles, Wild, Vegas) and one in Winnipeg. All four of those games are almost a guaranteed spanking right now.
Divine intervention, timing couldn't be better imo.

And the times when McDavid was out of the lineup, the entire team seems to step their game up, and use it as a rallying point. Could be a blessing the team needs right now, the catalyst to regain that swagger. Maybe even for McDavid as well, he's been a little off his game lately, maybe some down time, alone, is necessary

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Dumb question but I thought Toronto had to be at half capacity and was postponing games?

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
I guess if it's gonna happen eventually to Captain, best it's now. Only 2 games the next 14 days (leafs/sens). Four games cancelled, 3 home games (Isles, Wild, Vegas) and one in Winnipeg. All four of those games are almost a guaranteed spanking right now.
Divine intervention, timing couldn't be better imo.

And the times when McDavid was out of the lineup, the entire team seems to step their game up, and use it as a rallying point. Could be a blessing the team needs right now, the catalyst to regain that swagger. Maybe even for McDavid as well, he's been a little off his game lately, maybe some down time, alone, is necessary
Maybe Leonard can fix him.

Reactions: Gh0st

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Nuge and McDavid away.

I guess center will be Drais, Turris, MacLeod, Ryan. Thar order.

Or Draisaitl, Draisaitl, MacLeod, Ryan. Leon with 40 min ice time, while 4th line getting 6 min.

Leon will get pissed.

Reactions: CameHameHa
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA