Value of: Leon Draisaitl

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
If Draisaitl was actually available I’d be fine with my team (Colorado) paying whatever it takes.

I assume if he was traded it’s because they’re in rebuilding mode so I guess it would start with Ottawa’s 1st and keep adding from there.

You hope to get a player as good as Draisaitl with a top five pick. The absolute last thing we need is a mystery box.

Offers of picks/prospects/lesser players/Barrie need not apply.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
No, he is a 70 point winger propped up by McDavid. Look how overinflated Maroon's totals were like playing with McDavid. Put Monahan on McDavid's wing and he hits 50+ goals and 80+points easy

Is this like the time Leafs fans claimed Kessel would hit 50 goals playing with Crosby . Or like the time Hall could not play with McDavid . Eberle and Lucic couldn't either . Not all players mesh and if a player meshes with another player ( In this case McDavid ) How can fans view that as a negative ? Makes no sense . Every player in the NHL depends on his line mates . No discussion . Let me know the next time a player wins anything by himself .

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
If Draisaitl was actually available I’d be fine with my team (Colorado) paying whatever it takes.

I assume if he was traded it’s because they’re in rebuilding mode so I guess it would start with Ottawa’s 1st and keep adding from there.

I'm pretty sure it would take Mackinnon

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Drai is a great NHL winger. I didn't think he plays C most of the time?

He a great winger ? Yet 1/2 his time is playing C . Season 1 was all at C as McDavid was hurt . season 2 was mostly with McDavid last season/this pass season was 1/2 and 1/2

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I'm pretty sure it would take Mackinnon

If MacKinnon has another year like last year he is worth more then Draisaitl . If he drops back to a mid 50 point player not so much . I expect a mid 70 point season . Which puts them on the same tier with the edge being decide by contract . So again MacKinnon

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
If MacKinnon has another year like last year he is worth more then Draisaitl . If he drops back to a mid 50 point player not so much . I expect a mid 70 point season . Which puts them on the same tier with the edge being decide by contract . So again MacKinnon

Right, but if the Avs are calling and not offering MacKinnon or Rantanen, it would take one hell of a futures package. I’m talking Makar, Jost, +.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015

Mackinnon is near dead last in faceoff % and is not as versatile as Draisaitl.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
In what way?

Not saying I’d do it but that’s what it would take for me to even pick up the phone... and even then, with bear and Bouchard in the pipe, not sure I’d seriously consider it.
It’s just an interesting idea and I’m a closet Oilers fan after the Wild (looking to get NHL.tv this year). Oilers get a guy who isn’t as skilled to replace Draisaitl either at wing or center, he can play both, and a top pairing right handed offensive defenseman. Wild get an extremely young 1st line center who’s great at faceoffs and helps replace the aging Staal/Koivu for the foreseeable future.

RNH-McDavid-Rattie
Lucic-Coyle-Pulj

Klefbom-Dumba
Nurse-Larsson

Zucker-Draisaitl-Granlund
Parise-Staal-Nino
Greenway-Koivu-Eriksson Ek

Suter-Spurgeon
Seeler-Brodin

Depth continues to be an issue on the forward side for the Oilers. Not much one can do either with huge cap hits for Lucic, Sekera, and Russell.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
It’s just an interesting idea and I’m a closet Oilers fan after the Wild (looking to get NHL.tv this year). Oilers get a guy who isn’t as skilled to replace Draisaitl either at wing or center, he can play both, and a top pairing right handed offensive defenseman. Wild get an extremely young 1st line center who’s great at faceoffs and helps replace the aging Staal/Koivu for the foreseeable future.

RNH-McDavid-Rattie
Lucic-Coyle-Pulj

Klefbom-Dumba
Nurse-Larsson

Zucker-Draisaitl-Granlund
Parise-Staal-Nino
Greenway-Koivu-Eriksson Ek

Suter-Spurgeon
Seeler-Brodin

Depth continues to be an issue on the forward side for the Oilers. Not much one can do either with huge cap hits for Lucic, Sekera, and Russell.

We’re just so shallow on forward that I’m honestly not sure such a deal makes us better. It doesn’t buy us any more flexibility either. We’d need to get a big contract off the books and if there’s a team more ill equipped than the Oilers to take money back, it’s the Wild.

RNH-McDavid-Rattie
Rieder-Coyle-Puljujarvi
Lucic-Strome-Yamamoto

... yuck. That’s terrible. Even with the defence - which is to say the offense from the defence - improved, I’m honestly not sure the downgrade at forward is worth it. You know I’ve watched Dumba closely for years and he really took a step last year, but Draisaitl is a dreadful loss. A potential franchise shattering loss. Guess it depends on which Coyle we get.

Reactions: flamesforcup

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I'd offer Barrie + Jost + Colorado 1st for him.

It's an overpayment, but fully understand an overpayment is necessary for Edmonton to actually move him. And they may not move him for a package deal anyway, even one with a piece as valuable as Barrie as the centerpiece in the deal.

People suggesting Mackinnon are out to lunch though. There's no player in the league I'm moving Mackinnon for right now. If he repeats on his season last year and hits ~105 points, he's the most valuable asset in the league. He goes nowhere for nobody right now.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I'd offer Barrie + Jost + Colorado 1st for him.

It's an overpayment, but fully understand an overpayment is necessary for Edmonton to actually move him. And they may not move him for a package deal anyway, even one with a piece as valuable as Barrie as the centerpiece in the deal.

People suggesting Mackinnon are out to lunch though. There's no player in the league I'm moving Mackinnon for right now. If he repeats on his season last year and hits ~105 points, he's the most valuable asset in the league. He goes nowhere for nobody right now.

No offense but if McKinnon hits 105 pts next year he is still not the most valuable asset in the league. Even considering salaries McDavid is the most valuable asset in the NHL.

As for the trade offer, I am not sure why the Oilers would do that. IN the short term it sets them back and if you look at the prospect pool long term the Oilers have a reasonable chance to fill the RHD offensive defenseman internally and to add forward depth.

Reactions: Seachd

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Right, but if the Avs are calling and not offering MacKinnon or Rantanen, it would take one hell of a futures package. I’m talking Makar, Jost, +.

I was talking value in a vacuum . Edmonton has no reason to trade Draisaitl unless it is an upgrade or a big enough package they couldn't say no to it

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
I have yet to see a compelling argument for why the Oilers would trade LD. They should keep him, McDavid, RNH and continue to build with the emphasis placed on the defense now.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
You could have seen that if you watched the Oilers last season. Leon was centering his own line during the 2nd half.

To add on, I would tahink Draisaitl could add 13 more points to hit 90 points from his best season as 20/21 year old.

Didn't he get like 20 games at 2nd line center after RNH moved to McDavid line and scored to the tune of 50 some points over that time- and 4 of those point came on the PP where he played with McDavid, so prorated he scored at around 37 point pace at ES away from 97? So I'm not sure what you are getting upset about.

Reactions: Flamesjustwin

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
One of my 20+ Base hockey theories was established by looking what things are repeatable from last 20 conf finalists.
Bloggers have been asking specific questions about it at the 2 blogs I post at HF boards & Lowetide.
King George’s, Georges ..... asked specific expansion draft questions about my Cup Core Theory.

1. HD sys coach: my 2 options
Tippet & Gallant

2. Top 10 HD goalie. (1 available in exp draft)
Fluery had been a top 15
Those bloggers at Lowetide kept asking about Fluery.
Clearly aware he would be available.
He had changed to table hockey movement and become #7 HD goalie.

3. 3+ top 60 HD dmen (9 available)
3 top 10 Ncnabb, Schmidt, Stoner,
2 top 25 Methot, TVR
2 top 45 c. Miller, Sbisa
2 top 60 Engelland, Garrison
Plus prospects that showed that performance potential coached by HD dman whisperers. Theodore. (Yawney)

4. Top 8 team cummulative Top 125 fwd production (16g 39p)
Sum of .9 top 125 fwds. There are 185/groups (16g 39p)
(5 forward with history of top 125 available)
Neal, Perron, Marchesault, Smith, Eakin
Plus prospects top 125 with increased PP, EV TOI
Karlsson, Haula, Tuch.
You want top end even production from these players.

5. +ve special teams goal diff.
Since PK performance is mich cheaper in cap cost.
VGK selected the best PK fwd & dmen available.
Roster 100% built off a Theory I have stated for years on here.

I base all trade value on availability of players on Cup Core.
Adam Larsson a top 5 HD dmen when playing in HD coached system. Thier is one top 5 HD dman available for every 6 teams.

Taylor Hall (last 2 season edm & 1st NJ) averaged
69gm 20g (#84 fwd) 52p (#72 fwd)
15evg (#77 fwd) 41evp (#43 fwd) avg of #69 fwd
2.3 availsble per team.

If you want to build a cup winner.
At time of trade.
Larsson was 6 x 2.3 times harder to acquire in trade.
Unless a top 5 HD Dman is made available in expansion draft.
Mcnabb

So what is Draisaitl worth. Last 2 years
54g (#35 fwd #15C) 147P (#18fwd #9C)
35evg (#52 fwd # 23c) 105 Evp (#9 fwd #5c)

Depending what you are after he is a 1 per 6 to 2.5 teams.
Top 10 off production forward playing 1st/2nd comp.

Top 10 1st comp HD dman had better be coming back.

Any other non fact based opinion does not matter.

This is a little tough to follow, but I get what you're saying. Not easily to quantify any players value, but ya, would have to hurt the acquiring team to land Draisaitl

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Says the guy who is a fan of team that has Monohan as their number 1 center who would be a 50 pt player if hebdidnt have geaudreau on his line.

Worst type of arguments on these boards.

You can't have an opinion on a player if you have a player in a similar situation on your team.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Didn't he get like 20 games at 2nd line center after RNH moved to McDavid line and scored to the tune of 50 some points over that time- and 4 of those point came on the PP where he played with McDavid, so prorated he scored at around 37 point pace at ES away from 97? So I'm not sure what you are getting upset about.
He is considered a top 20 center by NHL Network, while you guys cannot accept the fact he is #1 center.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
What has that to do with my post? Was I wrong?
In your last post post, you said "what am I getting upset about". This is what I'm getting upset about people not tivong Draisaitl credit and saying he's a product of McDavid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad