Value of: Leon Draisaitl

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
He is right below the Matthews-Eichel-Barkov-Mackinnon tier.
Hes a 1C. Even though he isn't the franchise guy, luckily he is behind a generational player, and he can do some major damage at 2C. Add the fact that he is 22, strong defensively/face-offs, signed long term, plays well in big situations, and just had back to back 70+ point seasons, he isn't getting moved.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Leon Drasaitl is not a franchise 1 C but there are teams that would have him as their 1 C.
Until he puts up 1C numbers over a full season away from McDavid he's not a 1C. I'm not of the belief, 31 teams means 31 legit 1C's. He has the potential to be but isn't yet.

Reactions: thadd

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
I dont disagree with you, just bracing for the **** storm that follows. This is almost as bad as not calling Nylander a C in a leafs thread.
He's not a C right now, he's played C in the minors and was probably going to be one until Matthews was drafted and he was put on his wing. And now with Tavares here there's virtually no shot at him becoming one.

Reactions: Ookhaab

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
yes and no.
Look to crosby. Only some fit.

Hence why I said good players. If a player can skate well and has high hockey IQ, I can see them putting up major points with McDavid. Crosby is more of an elite grinder so it makes sense why others struggle to play with him.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
The Oilers have the best 1-2 punch down the middle since Gretzky-Messier. They would be absolutely insane to trade Leon Draisaitl. I disagree that Oiler fans overrate him. He's big, physical, good defensively and consistently puts up points. What is not to like? I would take him on the Blues in a heartbeat, and he would without question be our #1C. It isn't happening, though. Draisaitl is not being traded.

BearsofBeantown

Jun 25, 2018
Not much love for LD - great player all around, offensively, defensively and I am sure many GM's wold love him on their roster thats for sure. Its tough to compare him to guys like McDavid etc as they are the outlier elite versus the norm. But I agree he will never be moved given the Oilers dont have depth and made their mistakes with Hall and Eberle.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Provorov.

Who adds?

Philly doesn't consider this, given that we already have Couturier and Patrick at 1/2C, and trading Provorov would open a hole on our blue line we couldn't fill. (Basically, we'd become Edmonton, only with a lesser 1C and better wingers.) The fit issues would be reason enough to dismiss this out of hand without even considering value.

OilerSuperstar17

Oct 5, 2012
He is right below the Matthews-Eichel-Barkov-Mackinnon tier.
Hes a 1C. Even though he isn't the franchise guy, luckily he is behind a generational player, and he can do some major damage at 2C. Add the fact that he is 22, strong defensively/face-offs, signed long term, plays well in big situations, and just had back to back 70+ point seasons, he isn't getting moved.

I would say he IS in that tier with those guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad