Leon Draisaitl vs Sebastian Aho

Drai vs Aho

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Hasn't shown he can drive his own line. Aho can play with two scrubs on his line.

Your right Leon is a product of McDavid. How can we Oiler fans be so blind. Leon can't drive worth shit. :scared:

80 point man Aho is better.

anyone can rack in 50 goals and 105 points playing with 97

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
Your right Leon is a product of McDavid. How can we Oiler fans be so blind. Leon can't drive worth ****. :scared:

80 point man Aho is better.

anyone can rack in 50 goals and 105 points playing with 97

Thats true. Every other player that has played wth McD has done it. Or maybe it is no other has gone over 70 points? Damn I cant remember which one it is...

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
lol

Drasaitl is better then Aho.

50 plus goals 105 points

Aho is a 90 point player tops at his best which is nothing to scoff at. Aho may never hit 50 plus goals. Doesnt have the built of a tank like Leon and cant impose his will like Leon can. Aho is slightly more agile and matches Leons IQ. Nothing else. Aho is Leon Lite. Sorry man. I love Aho but Leon is simply the more gifted and dominant player.

Can Aho get there ? sure he can. But the miniscule age difference of 1 year and 8 months make no difference when one is 22 and the other is 23.

Seems like you are going out of your way to make nebulous points in favor of Draisaitl. The only factual and verifiable things you posted among the bold were:
1) Draisaitl is Bigger.
2) Draisaitl almost 2 years older (1 year and 8 months).

A year ago, when Draisaitl (who was 8 months older than Aho is now), had a career high of 29 goals and 77 points, I highly doubt ANYONE would have said he was a 50G, 100+ point player so trying to say where Aho tops out is silly. He may never get to 50G or 100P (and in fairness, he may never get to play with a player at McDavid's level), but saying what he is and isn't at this point in his career is meaningless. Aho's first 3 years in the NHL compare very well to Draisaitls. Where it goes from here? Who knows.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Hard to ignore that Draisatl gets the benefit of playing with McDavid often; meanwhile Aho produced a PPG season despite the second-best (and arguably, third-best as well) forward(s) on his team playing on separate lines. Niederreiter and Justin Williams aren't nothing, but it's pretty obvious Aho is the one making **** happen.

I think it's close. Real close. Put a gun to my head and I'd pick Drai because he has the same cap number and a longer contract, but I could easily be swayed either way.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Drai DID play with 2 scrubs on his line his whole career when he played center. One guy scored literally no goals and played a whole season....... Before you continue to say Drai cant carry his own line at least give him a couple decent top 6 wingers to play with. Otherwise we will never know although I for one think the result would be positive. 50/100? Not likely. . But definitely first line center numbers. IMHO

Would have potted a few with Aho though....

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Again, why? Aho scored 83 points this past season. So why does Draisaitl need to score 50-50 without McDavid for you to take him ahead of Aho instead of, you know, scoring 83 points or more?

So maybe instead of lecturing people about "learning to read", you should think through your logic a bit more first.

Yeah thats fair. If he can score 83 points on his own that would do it. But i highly doubt that happens, because every time hes off mcdavids wing he disappears.

I doubt he scores 60 in that scenario. In fact, if you take all his scoring rates without mcd, you get something much lower than 60.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Yeah thats fair. If he can score 83 points on his own that would do it. But i highly doubt that happens, because every time hes off mcdavids wing he disappears.

I doubt he scores 60 in that scenario. In fact, if you take all his scoring rates without mcd, you get something much lower than 60.

Draisaitl was actually on pace for 83 points this season if he played 0 5v5 time with McDavid, with guys like Lucic, Chiasson, Rieder, Puljujarvi....

While Aho got that with Teravainen, Ferland, Niederetter, e.t.c.

BTW, I accidentally clicked on Aho lol.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007

As you well know he played with Ahl players when away from McD so it makes your narrative lame and false. But you already knew that

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
As you well know he played with Ahl players when away from McD so it makes your narrative lame and false. But you already knew that
You can try call it lame because you dont like it all you want. But it most certainly is true, thats not debateable.

Crabapple

Jun 17, 2010
Edmonton
You can try call it lame because you dont like it all you want. But it most certainly is true, thats not debateable.

How someone can say that it's not debatable that a player could not score 60 pts after having a 50g 100+ pt season is absolutely incredible. How good do you think McDavid is? And why has no other player managed to find that much success with him? Your posts are honestly baffling. Take a break, man.

Reactions: Tad Mikowsky

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Draisaitl was actually on pace for 83 points this season if he played 0 5v5 time with McDavid, with guys like Lucic, Chiasson, Rieder, Puljujarvi....

That's a misleading way to look at it, because he played with McDavid more than just 5v5. Here are the numbers:

Total TOI: 1852 min: 50G, 105P (1.61 G/60, 3.4 P/60
W/McD: 1174.5 min: 41G, 87P (2.09 G/60, 4.44 P/60
W/o McD: 678 min: 9G, 18P (0.8 G/60, 1.59 P/60

So if Connor McDavid never existed and Draisiatl had to play the same 1852 minutes TOI, but exclusively with guys like Lucic, Chaisson, Rieder and Puljujarvi, his 0.8G/60 and 1.59 P/60 would have equated to 26G and 49 points. I realize this is not a good way to look at it because if McDavid didn't exist, it's likely the Oilers have more good players other than Lucic, Chiasson, etc.. and Draisaitl would have other good players to play with and I'm convinced would be much better than 26G, 49P, but your bold statement is misleading.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

In this hypothetical scenario that has frequently been brought up, he would have

1. Still scored more than half of his points with McDavid on the ice.
2. Scored 80 points, not 83.
3. Played 200 more minutes than Aho.

Leafsrock95

Oct 4, 2014
That.. doesn't make sense, though.

If Draisaitl was putting up 50/50 seasons at centre without McDavid, he'd be getting compared to McDavid, not Aho.

Aho's a solid player who's gotten better every season, and I like him a good bit. I just think Draisaitl's the better player right now.
So what so hard to understand unless drai can pu those numbers then I take aho. Really not rocket science.

Leafsrock95

Oct 4, 2014
It just seems bizarre that Draisaitl has to hit another set of numbers, under a different set of parameters to exceed Aho, who isn’t tasked with putting up the same numbers.
Because his numbers are inflated are you guys all this slow like what’s going on. Maroon is a 27 goal scorer too right. Lmao

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
So what so hard to understand unless drai can pu those numbers then I take aho. Really not rocket science.

Because if Draisaitl put up 50 points and 105 goals from the 2nd line with Edmonton’s garbage wingers, he’s a runaway favourite for the Hart. You’ve literally set him an impossible task and are holding him to a much higher standard than Aho.

What if he hit 90 points but scored 45 goals? Still Aho?

Leafsrock95

Oct 4, 2014
Because if Draisaitl put up 50 points and 105 goals from the 2nd line with Edmonton’s garbage wingers, he’s a runaway favourite for the Hart. You’ve literally set him an impossible task and are holding him to a much higher standard than Aho.

What if he hit 90 points but scored 45 goals? Still Aho?
I’m not setting nothing if he can’t do that then I wouldn’t take him above aho really fkn simple. He hasn’t proven he can carry a line and without mcDavid he is definitely not a 100 pt player. Unless he can prove otherwise centering his own line I’ll take the player who has proven he can drive a line and is younger and imo better.

I really don’t understand what you don’t get

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I’m not setting nothing if he can’t do that then I wouldn’t take him above aho really fkn simple. He hasn’t proven he can carry a line and without mcDavid he is definitely not a 100 pt player. Unless he can prove otherwise centering his own line I’ll take the player who has proven he can drive a line and is younger and imo better.

I really don’t understand what you don’t get

Aho is also not a 100 point player at this point. You can have whatever opinion you want, but saying Draisaitl has to hit 50/105 on his own line to be a better player than Aho is horribly dishonest when he’s already a better player in some aspects.

I’m also not sure why some Toronto fans have such a bee in their bonnet regarding Draisaitl. It’s like it’s personally offensive that other teams have good players to some of you.

NotLeddy

Trust the Yzerscam
Oct 23, 2018
This thread is making me lean towards thinking that Aho is slowly becoming the most overrated player in the league.

Carolina's blue line's offensive strategies (mainly Pesce/Hamilton) and the way they drive possession are incredible, how much impact they have on the team and their forwards really can't be understated enough.

Reactions: Crabapple

Leafsrock95

Oct 4, 2014
Aho is also not a 100 point player at this point. You can have whatever opinion you want, but saying Draisaitl has to hit 50/105 on his own line to be a better player than Aho is horribly dishonest when he’s already a better player in some aspects.

I’m also not sure why some Toronto fans have such a bee in their bonnet regarding Draisaitl. It’s like it’s personally offensive that other teams have good players to some of you.
Drai scored over 100 riding McDavid a lot of players would have career years with him. Prove he can do it on his own different story. Would he put up that same season on Carolina obviously not. He’s not a legit 100 pt scorer. Aho carries his line, is a full time center and is younger. If anything drai peaked and aho hasn’t.

Unless drai can repeat/have a similar year doing it by himself then there is literally no reason for me to pick him over someone who has proven they can carry a line. If he can repeat that I’d take him easily. But I’m not gonna take a complimentary piece over someone like Aho.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Drai scored over 100 riding McDavid a lot of players would have career years with him. Prove he can do it on his own different story. Would he put up that same season on Carolina obviously not. He’s not a legit 100 pt scorer. Aho carries his line, is a full time center and is younger. If anything drai peaked and aho hasn’t.

Unless drai can repeat/have a similar year doing it by himself then there is literally no reason for me to pick him over someone who has proven they can carry a line. If he can repeat that I’d take him easily. But I’m not gonna take a complimentary piece over someone like Aho.

Lol, he’s not a legit 100 point scorer, despite scoring 100 points.

In what f***ing universe does a 100 point season gets invalidated?

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA

Because what Draisaitl achieved last season is what they expected in a career year where absolutely everything went right for Matthews.

They don't like the fact that he's a closer comparable to Draisatl than McDavid so they seek to tear him down and act as if he's some third line scrub who doesn't compliment McDavid and carry his own weight on that line.

Jealously is one hell of a drug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad