Leon Draisaitl the most underrated player in the NHL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Same tier (slightly lower) as, Mathews, Eichel, Marner, currently. Could/probably change later as they reach their potential.
Marner? We talking about the Marner who has never hit 70 points? Something Draisaitl has done twice.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Marner will outscore him this season.

Put 25,000 vbucks on it?

Marner will get to play with Tavares probably ... Draisaitl with Reider and maybe Puljujarvi?

Marner has a big edge in quality of linemates unless the Oilers put Draisaitl back with McDavid, but McDavid + RNH worked so well that that's not happening most likely.

But if Marner does he's also likely asking for 8.5+ on his next contract.

Leon is a very good player but you have to give him something to work with, he's not a McDavid/Crosby/Malkin tier guy that can just play with crap and still produce sky high production.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I recall him having a very strong playoffs against the Ducks last year, but far from underrated, everyone knows him, I sure do. Everyone in the NHL will be living under McDavids shadow, and thats a normal thing.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
The most underrated? Do you mean on HF Boards? ... or just in general? I'd say he's fairly rated.

Draisaitl is a really important player for the Oilers, he's gonna do real good things for them that McDavid doesn't have in his game, yet. (if ever?)

He has the bull-like size, 97 the speed and evasiveness. It's a killer combination for a 1C-2C punch lineup wise.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I know most will say that he only produces with McDavid but that’s not true.

He produced at a 2.01 P/60 away from McDavid and played more minutes away from him.

I did the numbers no more than 2 weeks ago and this is simply incorrect. Draisaitl played more minutes with McDavid than he did without

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Same tier (slightly lower) as, Mathews, Eichel, Marner, currently. Could/probably change later as they reach their potential.

It's funny, those 3 in a combined 7 NHL seasons haven't hit 70 points once.

Dr. Drai has 2 seasons with 70 or more.

Reactions: Tremor and McNuge

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Are u mad ...that he recently beat Monahan in a poll.....:banghead:

Wow, 20 Flames fans participate in HF, every Oiler fan on the internet participates on HF.

Not that there isn't any bias or anything from fans who don't watch each others team.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth

Marner put up one less point than Drai last year. Matthews, in his rookie year, ditto. 69 points each vs 70 for Drai. What's funny is you trying to make a point about a single point and hoping nobody actually looks it up. Both Eichel and Matthews were hurt last year. It's misleading to pretend they weren't and you know it. Eichel, Matthews and Marner are pretty easily 70 point players when healthy. So cut the BS. A conservative projection for Marner this year is 80 points. 90 points certainly isn't out of the question. He was unreal in the second half and the playoffs and that was playing with Bozak. He hasn't even played with Matthews or Tavares.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nizdizzle and TDK88

McDavidCrushedLarkin

Jun 12, 2016
Marner :laugh:

Draisaitl is only underrated by people that don't watch him, like to use popular phrases of the day or have agendas. People who watch him regularly know what they have.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011

What a ridiculous post.

Injuries aren't a thing I guess. Matthews was going to blow past 70 last year. Eichel would have likely past 70 both of the last 2 years. Marner this year has 69. Matthews rookie season 69.

That's highly likely 5 seasons 69+ amongst the 7

Also, tell me, which one of those 3 plays over half their season on a line with the best player in the world?

Last edited:

Syyncrow

Dec 16, 2017
Sorry I meant to say I would put them all on the same tier originally, and then thought with eichel and his play last year while also considering probable growth from him this year would put him a little higher, didn’t separate Marner. Marner is definitely not better than Draisaitl.

Currently

Eichel=>Mathews=Drai>Marner

Future

Eichel

Mathews
Draisaitl

Marner

Last edited:

McDavidCrushedLarkin

Jun 12, 2016
What a ridiculous post.

Injuries aren't a thing I guess. Matthews was going to blow past 70 last year. Eichel would have likely past 70 both of the last 2 years. Marner this year has 69. Matthews rookie season 69.

That's highly likely 5 seasons 69+ amongst the 7

Also, tell me, which one of those 3 plays over half their season on a line with the best player in the world?

Durability is a thing. Woulda coulda shoulda. Maybe never will.

Reactions: Tremor

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Why does there have to be so many definitive statements on HFB when we all know it cannot be proven? "The most overrated" "The most underrated" "10 players who are definitively better". I don't get it?

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Nope he sucks. Worthless leech who would be in the AHL on a 2 way contract if he wasn't on the same team as Connor McDavid.

Close the thread my friends there is nothing to see here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad