Leo Komarov hit on Gostisbehere

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
The officiating in this league this year is an absolute joke.
i've been of that opinion for a long time but i'm REALLY amused by how much drama there is surrounding faceoff infractions but they're completely peeled back from how they were calling slashing in the preseason

ultimately it's clear that they're all just f***ing clueless

Daveyyaunce

Jun 23, 2017
Philadelphia
He won't be a "star" for long if he can't learn to avoid putting himself in vulnerable positions.

That hit is 100% on Komarov. Way to be so transparent with your agenda. And that's cute putting star in quotations. He's been one of the more dynamic offensive defenseman for a few seasons now. Try not to be so provincial and watch a few games.

Last edited:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Tied for the lead.....not leading.

Anyways.....nice to see this guy is still trying and succeeding in injuring young Stud dman.:thumbd:

No...Ghost is leading. He had a point tonight gefore the hit to go ahead of Pie.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
said Ghost would be a premier offensive talent behind Karlsson during his rookie season

hopefully he's not out for long

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Concuss a star by a potatoe, not even 2. Any love tap slash automatic call,,, ****ing pathetic.
I am almost certain he got away with it because of the non interference call earlier. The idea of officiating centered around making up for one mistake by purposely making another but for the other team is so stupid and it does nothing to protect players

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
As a Flyers fan, I dont think its suspension worthy..but its definitely a Major penalty. How in the ever-loving sweet f*** do 4 officials miss this?

It worked out well for the Flyers that they didnt call because played continued, Ghost was able to get back in play and assist a Filppula powerplay goal. But if he has a serious injury id gladly give that goal back.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Given Komarov's history, I wouldn't be surprised if he at least got a fine, especially since he wasn't penalized in the game (which I can't understand for the life of me).
huh? what history? he's got one small suspension in his career. he plays with an edge but he's not dirty. just a pain in the arse.

even as a leafs fan I'm puzzled there was no oenalty. I think he should get a game or two though. boneheaded play and that kind of thing can't be overlooked.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
He won't be a "star" for long if he can't learn to avoid putting himself in vulnerable positions.

What a stupid f***ing comment.

Players have no choice but to face the boards sometimes in the process of making a play on the puck.

Theres a reason hitting from behind is illegal.

Why certain fans "victim blame" on hits from behind or to the head is f***ing beyond comprehension.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Should be 5+ games IMO, but the NHL is out to lunch wrt head injuries since Shanahan left player safety. Given the NHL doesn't really care about hits like this these days I wouln't be surprised if there was no suspension at all.

Reactions: Rebels57

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
How many suspensions do you think it takes to constitute a history?
in terms of establishing a pattern of reckless behaviour, more than once in a 5 year career. with a year and a half between issues.. that's for sure.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005

It's illegal to hit someone from behind. This isn't a case of Ghost suddenly turning on Komarov as he's about to deliver a hit. This is 100% on Komarov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad