Leo Komarov hit on Gostisbehere

rhinoshawarma

Nov 15, 2014
Honestly maybe 2minutes, and I get he gets hurt and so on but dont think this deserves a suspension and dont think it will get anything. Parros won't bring down the hammer imo but I guess this is a good first test for him

Whaleafs

“The Leafs are mulch again”
Mar 24, 2017
HFX
I don't know if he was anticipating Ghost to turn toward him on the follow through but should get 2 games easy for that.

Last edited:

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Komarov is probably the dirtiest player in NHL. Needs at least 10 games for this. It was a clear attempt to injure.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Honestly maybe 2minutes, and I get he gets hurt and so on but dont think this deserves a suspension and dont think it will get anything. Parros won't bring down the hammer imo but I guess this is a good first test for him
I like your honesty and I honestly say that without any sarcasm. .

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Just a blatantly stupid hit. Should have been a penalty, I don't know about a 5 minute major because it wasn't incredibly extreme like others I've seen . And I only say this because in one of the angles, Ghost actually turns his back slightly to make the hit a lot worst + Komarov didn't full on-tackle or throw him into the boards, I don't think he went full throttle there....he was probably surprised a bit by how easily off-balance Ghost was there. To be fair to Ghost, he probably didn't expect a hit there either.

All that said, hard to dispute if we're using hindsight and the end-result of Ghost possibly getting hurt.

Hits like that should receive a minimum of 2-3 games on first offense and worst for repeat offenders.

v00d00daddy

Oct 9, 2007
Komarov should have been called and may justifiably be suspended. He's to blame and so are the officials.

I don't think Komarov forgot about the clear Gudas interference missed call that led to a goal against. And because it was Radko I find it hard to believe there was no intention. He has a dirty reputation because he's known for stupid stuff like that.

Payback

NHL...Suspend Komarov and call out that officiating team. The officials were brutal all game, both ways.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Not being funny, if you look in the first video Ghost knows that Komorov is there... he then turns into the boards and intentionally putting himself in a vulnerable position.

Therefore, not a check from behind.

(I can’t velieve I’m justifying a hit from a Leaf)
He's shooting the puck into the zone. How is he supposed to make that play withtout turning his back to Komarov?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
How many suspensions do you think it takes to constitute a history?

According to the NHL, anyone who has a previous suspension inside 18 months has a history and is a repeat offender. Thus, the percentage of salary they give up is higher, and the punishments tend to be stiffer.

Komarov’s last suspension was about 21 months ago

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Much like the Gudbranson hit, this one should be punishable too. Very little difference between the two.

Reactions: nucks88

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Not being funny, if you look in the first video Ghost knows that Komorov is there... he then turns into the boards and intentionally putting himself in a vulnerable position.

Therefore, not a check from behind.

(I can’t velieve I’m justifying a hit from a Leaf)

This is a steaming pile of victim blaming bullshit.

How anyone could perceive the event in this manner is a profound mystery.

Reactions: FlyerFaithful17

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World

Gostisbehere ruled out for rest of game with upper body injury.

not saying its suspension worthy etc just how can they not even call this a penalty?

Welcome to today’s game. Kempe got nothing for exact same hit, all numbers from behind on Nash. Apparently stick checks on shafts no where near hands are worthy of two minutes but hits from behind sending guys heads into glass and boards and taking them out of games is perfectly ok. Makes sense to me.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
i think that is a suspendable hit for a player with a DoPS track record

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Gudas got a 5 minute major on Thursday for a much less dangerous hit. The refs are worse than ever.

Gudas is a bigger piece of shit. Leo plays at the line all the time. Gudas can't even see the line from where he plays.

That said Leo should sit a game or 3 for this.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
When did he get concussed? I've heard nothing from the team yet.

Well, he played exactly one more shift (and assisted on the GWG) and then didn't play the rest of the game with an upper body injury, so...it may or may not be a concussion, but it seems a pretty good bet. Either that or a shoulder injury, but the Flyers under Hextall are ridiculously secretive on injuries, so we may not hear anything specific for a while.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->