Lehner first goalie off ice at Golden Knights' skate, appears to be Game 4 starter

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I feel like you punched yourself after typing that.

I would punch myself for cheering for the Habs if I did not have the perfect rationalization to make it ok to me:

1) Vegas betrayed Fleury
2) I am a Victoriaville Tigres fan and Danault was our captain and is a local boy
3) My dad likes the Habs (he is a traitor, but it is father day, so...)

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
On betting platforms Fleury is the clear frontrunner for Vegas. Nobody is even close. Seems to have value taking a shot at another guy because like you said, he's been shaky.
It's mostly because nobody has stepped up for Vegas offensively. They haven't been relying on goaltending to squeak out victories in the same way Montreal have. It's more that they have depth. Fleury is 10th in SV% despite his low GAA; meaning he hasn't been stealing games, only facing less shots than his competition.

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
fleuryagent.png

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
You would've thought that DeBoer learned a lesson with last round's goalie switch-a-roo. Instead, it looks like he may've figured that it actually paid off because the Knights went on to win the series, anyways. That seems to suggest quite an ego.

Fleury's misplay last game was absolutely horrible, but players like him are gamers that tend to bounce back and give you their best games. Quick was the same way and Sutter always went right back to him after stinkers and it always paid off. That's good coaching. What DeBoer is pulling here seems like a rookie coaching mistake.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
If Deboer is actually doing this, then he wins the "I think I'm the smartest guy in the room" award for coaches.

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Fleury is the clear front runner for the Conn Smythe if Vegas win, however, if Lehner picks up the W tonight and gets a couple more starts I'd imagine that changes. Who would be next in line for Vegas?

Stone, Pacioretty, Theodore, Pietrangelo, Karlsson?

I'd probably lean Stone but 8 pts in 16 playoff games as a top line winger is pretty underwhelming.

Pietro would be personally be my number 1 with Fleury 2nd.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Seems really dopey to me. Fleury was playing excellent. WTH? I hope it's not because one flub, that would be silly.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Vegas must have a player they really like at #30 at the draft that they don’t think will be there at #31 or something. Odd time to tank

ryerockarola

Nov 20, 2011
Based on DeBoer's saying after last game that there was no doubt the tying goal from Fleury handling the puck carried over and affected how Vegas played in OT (paraphrasing but that was the gist) I'm guessing he's looking at it like that. Total guess but I think he's treating it like when a goalie is pulled from a game not necessarily because he's sucking but because the team in front of him was playing like crap. Sometimes throwing the other goalie in in-game sparks a team. In this case not that the team needs a spark but that the team's (damaged?) psyche might be tied to MAF and that goal weirdly (it did take a W away and eventually cost an L when Habs owned the OT). Seems risky but guessing that's what DeBoer's trying here but all points in this thread are valid.

Or if he goes total 5-D chess, goes against everything and had Lehner leave the ice first but still intends to start Fleury. :)

ManixLiquid

Jun 3, 2010
As a habs fan, I don't understand this. Lehner might play well tonight, but what if he gets a bad game? Then what, Fleury game 5? You cant play with goaltender's confidence like that. I think Fleury should have played tonight, he would have been fired up.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Game day mind games regarding the Vegas goalie is a smart move on DeBoer’s part, given all the franchise and elite level scoring Montreal has. This will really show them!

Why would Montreal care one way or another who starts? It won't affect them.

The only mind games DeBoer is playing with is his team.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Fleury is the clear front runner for the Conn Smythe if Vegas win, however, if Lehner picks up the W tonight and gets a couple more starts I'd imagine that changes. Who would be next in line for Vegas?

Stone, Pacioretty, Theodore, Pietrangelo, Karlsson?

I'd probably lean Stone but 8 pts in 16 playoff games as a top line winger is pretty underwhelming.

Pietrangelo. He was the biggest difference maker in the Avs series

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2