Lehner first goalie off ice at Golden Knights' skate, appears to be Game 4 starter

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
forgot about Deboer since he's been in the west for a while, but watching his pressers and gamesmanship; he comes off as a flake and junior B coach.
I assume his
"Montreal won't win 2 more games" quote is up in habs dressing room

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Could be Deboer feels MAF is exhausted and just needs another day to recuperate.

They can't afford to lose this game though. It's 2-1 Montreal.

Let's say Lehner does win tonight. Shutout.

What do you do in game 5. Are you going to bet Lehner outplays Price 2 out of 3 games? Or, does Fleury start in game 5 no matter what.

This is a fireable offense. There's no reason, sans injury, Fleury doesn't play tonight.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
Could be Deboer feels MAF is exhausted and just needs another day to recuperate.
Professional goalies shouldn’t need time to recuperate especially in the playoffs, maybe it’s because he sucked the last game.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Fleury is the clear front runner for the Conn Smythe if Vegas win, however, if Lehner picks up the W tonight and gets a couple more starts I'd imagine that changes. Who would be next in line for Vegas?

Stone, Pacioretty, Theodore, Pietrangelo, Karlsson?

I'd probably lean Stone but 8 pts in 16 playoff games as a top line winger is pretty underwhelming.
3 games into this series there's no way Fleury is a frontrunner. He's not only not been the reason they won game 1, he directly cost them game 3. First and second round don't matter as much when voting. Pietrangelo has been Vegas' key cog. Patches is their leading PPG scorer. But it's a moot point if they lose the series.

Reactions: DickSmehlik

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
They can't afford to lose this game though. It's 2-1 Montreal.

Let's say Lehner does win tonight. Shutout.

What do you do in game 5. Are you going to bet Lehner outplays Price 2 out of 3 games? Or, does Fleury start in game 5 no matter what.

This is a fireable offense. There's no reason, sans injury, Fleury doesn't play tonight.
This is ridiculous. If Fleury is tired (which explains the worst brainfart I've seen this year), then he should rest. Everything else is just speculation. We don't know the whole story.

Reactions: Slimmy

xMatMcC

Jun 27, 2014
NL
3 games into this series there's no way Fleury is a frontrunner. He's not only not been the reason they won game 1, he directly cost them game 3. First and second round don't matter as much when voting. Pietrangelo has been Vegas' key cog. Patches is their leading PPG scorer. But it's a moot point if they lose the series.

On betting platforms Fleury is the clear frontrunner for Vegas. Nobody is even close. Seems to have value taking a shot at another guy because like you said, he's been shaky.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
This is ridiculous. If Fleury is tired (which explains the worst brainfart I've seen this year), then he should rest. Everything else is just speculation. We don't know the whole story.

If Fleury is tired, still put him out there.

Your better off with a tired Fleury than a rested Lehner.

Maybe Fleury is injured.

There's got to be a legit reason.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
5dxrre.jpg

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
A pinball machine goal with three bounces is a fluke goal. This was an atrocious goal.
regardless, it's not the way to reward the body of work of a 3x cup champ. yes i get it; Montreal has a history of getting in his head, and no one should have the same nickname as Guy Lafleur, but it's not great optics if it backfires. And i can't imagine teammates like this move.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Professional goalies shouldn’t need time to recuperate especially in the playoffs, maybe it’s because he sucked the last game.

Every goalie will give up a bad goal now and then. Everybody.

So, the definition of "sucked" is giving up *one* bad goal?

Haha.

Reactions: Tolly80

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad