Post-Game Talk: Lehkonen is a dirty cheater in Montreal's third consecutive 5-2 win vs Ottawa

POGT (15/12/2018)

• Total voters

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I thought the same at your age too. But now seeing my lil one running around in her tiny Gally jersey. Just makes my heart melt.

As for the game, that was exciting. Plus I think I blew a vocal cord yelling at the refs tonight. That call on Lehkonen was brutal.
That call was classic ref incompetence. Reminded me of the game against the Rangers two/three years ago, when NYR player's skate hooked Price's pad and pulled him clear out of his crease. Rangers scored into the vacated net and the refs allowed it to count. I was watching that game and tonight's at a restaurant and flipped my **** both times. And both times the Habs ended up winning.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I thought the same at your age too. But now seeing my lil one running around in her tiny Gally jersey. Just makes my heart melt.

As for the game, that was exciting. Plus I think I blew a vocal cord yelling at the refs tonight. That call on Lehkonen was brutal.
Happy to hear that mate! Not sure I'll head down the same path, not anytime soon at least, not ready to be stepping barefoot on legos just yet...

That was a BS call..lol..I don't know why they don't allow review of penalties. A bad call can completely affect a game.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
It was incredible to hear the energy from the Bell Centre, we saw clearly after that no goal call that Montreal was dominating. I know they're far from the best team in the league but damn, they show so much emotion and not just 2 or 3 random games every once in a while, they almost always do. They want to win and it shows, a bit like Vegas last year.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Happy to hear that mate! Not sure I'll head down the same path, not anytime soon at least, not ready to be stepping barefoot on legos just yet...

That was a BS call..lol..I don't know why they don't allow review of penalties. A bad call can completely affect a game.

lol you sound so much like me 10 years ago.

I think that would be a great idea. Even if they'd allow each team one challenge per game. I was so proud of our boys. They easily could have curled up and died after that ridiculous call.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
It was incredible to hear the energy from the Bell Centre, we saw clearly after that no goal call that Montreal was dominating. I know they're far from the best team in the league but damn, they show so much emotion and not just 2 or 3 random games every once in a while, they almost always do. They want to win and it shows, a bit like Vegas last year.

The crowd in the last 15 minutes is why I want a Habs playoff series. This team is different from the 2017 team that lost to NYR. The crowd respects them. They work hard. Reminds me of the 2002 team in that way.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
That call was classic ref incompetence. Reminded me of the game against the Rangers two/three years ago, when NYR player's skate hooked Price's pad and pulled him clear out of his crease. Rangers scored into the vacated net and the refs allowed it to count. I was watching that game and tonight's at a restaurant and flipped my **** both times. And both times the Habs ended up winning.

Oh I remember that game. I think the strain I put on my heart from freaking out took a few years off my life. Well in that case, I'm cool with having a ridiculous call going against us. I'm even willing to start up a go fund me page to help pay for your restaurant bills ;)

Reactions: Lshap

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Absolutely , so much different from last year team , when A goal against meant a series of goals against. That's why you add and built this team and you don't sell and tank. Such attitude is a one of the biggest pillars of success. Now only need to add talent

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
lol you sound so much like me 10 years ago.

I think that would be a great idea. Even if they'd allow each team one challenge per game. I was so proud of our boys. They easily could have curled up and died after that ridiculous call.
We do have a resilient bunch, just have to add more talent to it.

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
It's time the slime ball Senaturd fans realize that they'll never beat the Habs again. Time has come to pull the team from that village and give it to a real city whose fans can fill the stadium instead of staying home and being keyboard warriors. Must suck to have such a crappy team lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: holy

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

Tonight, the crowd was clearly a part of the game. They booed the refs for at least several minutes and it felt like it amped the team up a bit. Maybe that's just me, even Julien noticed it and said so in his press conference.

It's time the slime ball Senaturd fans realize that they'll never beat the Habs again. Time has come to pull the team from that village and give it to a real city whose fans can fill the stadium instead of staying home and being keyboard warriors. Must suck to have such a crappy team lol.

I love that there's a team in Ottawa, I just wish that they had a stadium worth cheering the habs in.

Reactions: Habs Icing

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Absolutely , so much different from last year team , when A goal against meant a series of goals against. That's why you add and built this team and you don't sell and tank. Such attitude is a one of the biggest pillars of success. Now only need to add talent
the kind of talent this team needs is usually drafted 1st or 2nd OA you know...

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
We're 2nd in the league for 5-on-5 goals now, just 1 behind Tampa Bay.

We'd be close to 1st in the league right now if we had even average special teams

Reactions: Kobe Armstrong

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
To be fair, Ottawa's arena is located in an absolutely horrible location. They really should have had it built in Ottawa instead of in the middle of nowhere that takes an hour and a half by public transit (from Ottawa). It's like they wanted no one from Ottawa to actually go see Ottawa play... It's like building a new arena for the Toronto Maple Leafs in Oshawa...

Reactions: admiralcadillac

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
Now that the season series vs. Ottawa is complete (seriously, not a single game in the 2019 half of the season against a division rival?), here's our 2018-19 player stat line against them.

A good chunk of players at PPG or higher!

NameGoalsAssistsPoints
Byron426
Drouin246
Domi325
Kotkaniemi145
Lehkonen145
Petry134
Danault123
Peca123
Shaw123
Gallagher202
Tatar022
Weber112
Agostino011
Armia011
Chaput011
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Lol...serious Dad jokes..if you're not bilingual though you're not gonna get that one.

what do you expect Norm Macdonald writing for the Habs twitter? lol. I'm sure league wide, team's official twitter feeds are no better and really the '5enator2' thing is pretty clever. You'd have to be pretty jaded to think that's embarrassingly corny especially for a freaking hockey team's twitter page lol.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
84 goals scored 5on5, the only team that scored more 5on5 goals in the league is Tampa with 85!:naughty:

Muller should have been s*** canned with the rest of the trash that was cleaned up in the summer behind the bench. We don’t have the most skilled players in the league, but a PP with some of the players that we do have shouldn’t be close to this bad.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
You don't get it. I never compared LeBron to Weber. LeBron impacts a team positively and so does Weber. It was the comparison TVA made, not me. I'm explaining the thought process. I'm not going to wait to see how Weber plays against Colorado because I already know he's great for our team. I don't understand what's not to get. It's simple. Do you even think Weber has had a positive impact on our team? You talk about all the bad teams we've played in the past 10 games or so. If the teams were that bad, even Brett Lernout could've stepped in and played amazingly as a 1D. If it was easy, everyone would be doing it. LeBron James is the saviour of the teams he's on. Shea Weber is the saviour of our defense.
I dont follow basketball so I'l assume the description you gave of LeBron James earlier is accurate. Wether it's yours or a transcript from TVA doesnt matter.

While both have a positive impact on their team, there's no comparison to be made between the two, honestly only an idiot would (Wayne Gretzky and pre-concussion Travis Moen had a positive impact on a team, you think they should be put in the same sentence ?). LBJ is described as a player who's sole presence could turn any crappy team into a championship team, instantly, and it goes both ways as his presense brings so much to a team him leaving pretty much turn a championship team into one of the worse in it's league... that's the description given.

While his impact on a team is positive, his presence cannot be measured the same way, no NHL team was turned into a SC contender with him in the line-up, and contrary to LBJ him leaving a team does not turn them into bottom feeders.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad