Player Discussion Lee Stempniak

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Let's have a look at Ryan Fitzgerald.

Agree this is who I give a shot to. We want more size for the playoffs but he deserves a chance to show he isn't the softest player on the ice like JFK and Donato. If he can bang a little and bring some offense maybe get Coyle going he can stick.

Reactions: LouisSleigher

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
It was ridiculous he wasn’t playing games all along in Providence and then plays two AHL games and then jumps to the Bruins lineup
My thoughts exactly.

Not sure what the thought process was here.. Probably something salary related/post deadline related.

In any case, it didn't work out for the player. That's for sure.

I feel for the guy

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
to all the people who were like "well they needed to see him play to see where he fit"

no. they didn't. because they didn't need to sign him in the first place. I respect the guy for trying to prolong his NHL career but he wasn't a good fit from the get go.

Senyshyn is coming up on 4 years since his draft year & still hasn't played an NHL game. Even if he's not ready to be a full-timer yet, I'd have much rather used this 2 game "try out" on him than on a guy like Stempniak if for no other reason than to give Senyshyn a taste of the NHL & hopefully kick his development into another gear. I'm sure Heinen would tell you that 8 game stint he had before his rookie year helped him in his overall development. IMO it's time for Senyshyn to get an NHL look. It's also time for Leach to stop dicking around and playing prospects in the bottom 6 while 30 year old career AHLers get top 6 minutes, but that's another discussion entirely.

Reactions: TCB

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
Amazing the fire directed at this guy - who cost the team nothing, was called up for 15 min and didn’t even play poorly.

I notice you didn't say played well, but rather "didn't even play poorly". I'd argue that what we saw out of Kuhlman was better than what we saw out of Stempniak.

Do you think he has a spot on this team when one of Pasta, DeBrusk or Mojo come back?

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Stempniak played like 9 games all year.To want him to perform at this level with that under belt is just not fair to him or Bruins team mates.Sending him down is the right move.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
to all the people who were like "well they needed to see him play to see where he fit"

no. they didn't. because they didn't need to sign him in the first place. I respect the guy for trying to prolong his NHL career but he wasn't a good fit from the get go.

Senyshyn is coming up on 4 years since his draft year & still hasn't played an NHL game. Even if he's not ready to be a full-timer yet, I'd have much rather used this 2 game "try out" on him than on a guy like Stempniak if for no other reason than to give Senyshyn a taste of the NHL & hopefully kick his development into another gear. I'm sure Heinen would tell you that 8 game stint he had before his rookie year helped him in his overall development. IMO it's time for Senyshyn to get an NHL look. It's also time for Leach to stop dicking around and playing prospects in the bottom 6 while 30 year old career AHLers get top 6 minutes, but that's another discussion entirely.

Leach was probably ordered to do that.Far as Senyshyn.That pick was a joke from day 1.

Reactions: Don Cherry

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I'm not sure what's more amazing....we've been talking about Stempniak for over 3 years now or that we've been talking about Coyle for a month and his thread has more pages than 3 years of Stempniak.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad