Player Discussion Lee Stempniak

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
No word on the return, but it's tough to see Lee go. Great guy who was a class act and effective player when he was here. Will certainly be rooting for him. I could see him on your guys' second line and he can excel in the middle-six quite easily.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
not that big on Liles but I always like Stempniak quite a bit

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
You guys will love having Stempy on the Bruins. All he does is work his ass off and score goals. He was awesome for the Jets when they brought him in under similar circumstances last year. He'll earn his money there. Good acquisition for the Bruins.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
You guys will love having Stempy on the Bruins. All he does is work his ass off and score goals. He was awesome for the Jets when they brought him in under similar circumstances last year. He'll earn his money there. Good acquisition for the Bruins.

Love to hear that.

We've got a "work his ass off without putting up tons of points guy" in Beleskey and he's one of my favorite players on the team. Never can have enough of guys who do little things that fly completely under the radar but contribute directly to winning.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Love to hear that.

We've got a "work his ass off without putting up tons of points guy" in Beleskey and he's one of my favorite players on the team. Never can have enough of guys who do little things that fly completely under the radar but contribute directly to winning.

He isn't very big and certainly isn't a banger by any means, but I recall pretty much 100% effort every shift, & his wheels are always moving.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
- Slots in as the third highest winger on the Bruins in goals and points. ( lead his team in points )

- Has had experience at playing the point on the PP

- Good penalty killer

- Doesn't shy from contact

- Good skater and energy

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
This is a very good pickup, especially for a team fighting to keep their playoff spot and make some noise in the playoffs.

Spotlight is still shining on our D to pull it together. But as far as the forwards go, there is plenty of depth.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
He isn't very big and certainly isn't a banger by any means, but I recall pretty much 100% effort every shift, & his wheels are always moving.

Good.

The type of players I like.

We don't need any more finesse, skilled guys on this team, despite how much Boston fans love saying that we need "talent injections" or what not.

I look forward to seeing what he can do out on the ice. Thanks a lot for stopping by.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
trading an asset for a guy who wanted to sign here and could have been had for cash only

its called bruins

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
trading an asset for a guy who wanted to sign here and could have been had for cash only

its called bruins

You have to wonder about a pro scouting department who wanted Connolly and Kempainen over him.

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
I think he will be a solid grinder type. Nothing earth shattering but I guess he helps? I wonder if he lives local since I have seen him skating in the pro league over the summer in Hingham.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
No problem with the trade...

However he could have been had for free when he was here on a tryout this past off season.

I'm sorry, I just had to throw that out there. I'm not saying anyone could have predicted he was going to have the year he has had. :laugh:

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
On the plus side, I like Marchand-Bergeron-Stempniak a whole lot better than Marchand-Bergeron-Connolly. And if he works out, I'd think we'd have a good chance to bring him back next season.

And we gave up what is likely to be the lower of the two 2nd round picks we have in 2017. I'll think of it as Stempniak for Chiarelli and a 4th.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->