News Article: Lebreton...Interesting...NCC - PART 2

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

We’re going to do some work in the parking lots to try to get people in and out faster

Well the only way that is done, is to relocate the access roads, to the parking lots, to the out side perimeter of the lots, and eliminate the vehicle vs pedestrian conflict between the parking lot and the CTC that happens before and after every single game…….

The idiot(s) who designed the parking lots at the CTC that forces the vehicle vs pedestrian interaction should be sought out and jailed.
They used to have police at the intersection heading out of the main entrance to shuttle cars out better. The illegal parking across the street is killing egress, and it is unacceptable

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
The NCC over analyse……deliver well below expectations.

1705409639223.png

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
This Letters to the Editor writer in todays local paper, brings up a good point.

1706618832840.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Emerica

Spotlight

Aug 25, 2005
This Letters to the Editor writer in todays local paper, brings up a good point.

View attachment 812752
This letter is idiotic, for the same reason that anyone in the glebe complaining about Lansdowne is idiotic.

The festivals have been there for years, if you buy or rent a place a the new towers buying built not knowing this or thinking that they are going to stop, you need to go get yourself examined in a societal way. The world doesn't revolve around you "person writing this letter"

If you don't want to hear the noice, don't buy or rent there, easy enough. Or if you still want to live there, then you can plan vacations and cottage times around when the festivals are happening.

I really hope they give the Sens a bigger piece of land so that Andlauer can build a true entertainment district around the arena, with commercial, retail, hotel, office and residential all included.

Lebreton should be filled with Ottawa's biggest towers, much taller than 20 stories with all sorts of other amenities in the planning. No where else in the world is there this much empty vacant land to develop right next to downtown. Don't "Ottawa" this opportunity and yes i'm using Ottawa as a verb meaning that if we "Ottawa" this opportunity and turn Lebreton into Cycling paths, and parks, and low rise residential only towers with no appeal or amenities or reason for anyone else to go there it'll be the biggest mistake this city has made.

rant over...

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I think if you are moving to lansdown right now a big selling point is how close you are to the action. If that stuff turns you off stay away.

I am planning on buying my first property once sens to lebreton is confirmed it’s litteraly my dream to watch a sens game in a 10 minute walk vs a 45 minute drive to the middle of nowhere

Reactions: Bileur and starling

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
It is just unbelievable that it was a greenfield development and the parking lots chosen were pod and congestion design. And over the years lots I used to get there early for have been taken away from general parking so the options have gotten lousier. With the highway improvements heading east driving there is much better than when it opened but the parking lots remain ugly.
And the bus stops are located right beside the highway where an on-ramp for the buses could have been cheaply provided to get them out faster heading east than mixing them into regular traffic on the roads.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Last edited:

kilroy

Aug 13, 2007
And the bus stops are located right beside the highway where an on-ramp for the buses could have been cheaply provided to get them out faster heading east than mixing them into regular traffic on the roads.
You need to look into how much pain the Senators went through to get the existing interchange built. It was, for over a decade, the only privately funded Highway interchange in the entire country. The province and city did everything they could to make the process to build it very difficult and expensive.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
You need to look into how much pain the Senators went through to get the existing interchange built. It was, for over a decade, the only privately funded Highway interchange in the entire country. The province and city did everything they could to make the process to build it very difficult and expensive.

And the Sens built it with 1 exit and entry ramp and screwed the entire stadium experience for forever.

If it took you 30 minutes to get downtown like it should their attendance would be up 15% easily over the life of the building

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
Andlauer bought a home very close by to the downtown core a few weeks back

kilroy

Aug 13, 2007
And the Sens built it with 1 exit and entry ramp and screwed the entire stadium experience for forever.

If it took you 30 minutes to get downtown like it should their attendance would be up 15% easily over the life of the building
They didn't build it at all. Part of the painful process was the ridiculous design restrictions during the process. It was forced on the team with very little input possible. Essentially the organization was given the choice of taking the design and paying for it or getting no interchange at all. There's really no choice when it's presented that way.

In Ontario, the MTO does all the design work and construction contracting for all interchanges for 400 series highways. In this case, they just presented the Sens with the bill. Which has never happened before or since.

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
I know for a fact that anyone part of the group is not enthusiastic about leasing/renting land to build a billion-dollar facility. That's why Lebreton is not going anywhere. The only way it advances on that particular site is if the NCC will actually sell off the land entirely.

Reactions: JD1

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I know for a fact that anyone part of the group is not enthusiastic about leasing/renting land to build a billion-dollar facility. That's why Lebreton is not going anywhere. The only way it advances on that particular site is if the NCC will actually sell off the land entirely.

Wonder if the City would be willing to Sell off the land at Bayview?

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
My preference is to buy and knock down 2 blocks right downtown and build there. Rather than look for marginally suitable vacant land, they should create prime vacant land. IMO Lebreton and Bayview aren’t close enough to downtown for many people. Unfortunately there will be a vocal minority who will complain because it won’t be constructed in their preferred location.

Reactions: JD1

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
My preference is to buy and knock down 2 blocks right downtown and build there. Rather than look for marginally suitable vacant land, they should create prime vacant land. IMO Lebreton and Bayview aren’t close enough to downtown for many people. Unfortunately there will be a vocal minority who will complain because it won’t be constructed in their preferred location.
Buying 2 blocks of prime downtown real estate, and demolishing it, would be really expensive, before even starting to build.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad