News Article: Lebreton...Interesting...NCC - PART 2

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
What in the world is going on with your train set up???
Cops refusing to do their job managing the crowd.

But with the Lebreon arena, it won't be an issue. The crowd will be smaller. The arena will be between two stations. Actually three, counting the Trillium line.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
  • Haha
Reactions: OmniSens and JD1

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008

But with the Lebreon arena, it won't be an issue. The crowd will be smaller. The arena will be between two stations. Actually three, counting the Trillium line.
OPS is a laughingstock. Not sure if it’s them refusing to do their jobs or them just being a completely incompetent police force. A snake rots from the head down and that place has been devoid of any real leadership for years.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
What in the world is going on with your train set up???
The typical stupid shit that happens in Canadian politics. The 3 stooges, without any expertise in building train systems, we're managing this project via a private chat and withholding critical information from council. Then you throw in non compliant bids resulting in a lowering of the technical threshold so that they were compliant and you end up with what should have been a technically non compliant bid winning based on a low ball price. And the 3 stooges retire with their defined benefit pensions without ever having to answer for the f***ing mess they created.

And it won't change until you start throwing these f***ers in jail for an extended period. No accountability means you can do whatever the f*** you want, regardless of consequences

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

IF the Arena ends up at Lebreton Flats, I doubt that all 18000 fans are going to leaving via the PImisi station…. As you clearly pointed out, the plans are to situate the Arena between two east (Pimisi ) west (Bayview)stations, and the north south line is also at the Bayview location…so it would be the one that might have the highest volume of fans leaving games.

IF the Arena ends up at Bayview then it’s the Bayview station alone… which one would presume would be expanded to accommodate a larger volume of users for events at the Arena.

A downtown location (Lespanade) would be located a couple of blocks(?) from transit stations and a number of parking (city) lots…. A location that might not be a reliance on the LRT.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
The typical stupid shit that happens in Canadian politics. The 3 stooges, without any expertise in building train systems, we're managing this project via a private chat and withholding critical information from council. Then you throw in non compliant bids resulting in a lowering of the technical threshold so that they were compliant and you end up with what should have been a technically non compliant bid winning based on a low ball price. And the 3 stooges retire with their defined benefit pensions without ever having to answer for the f***ing mess they created.

And it won't change until you start throwing these f***ers in jail for an extended period. No accountability means you can do whatever the f*** you want, regardless of consequences
Reminds me of sitting governments selling off public utilities and crown corps, and then promptly retiring to board positions while we wonder why prices didn’t drop and services didn’t increased as promised.

Should be more rules in place for these big ticket issues.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Reminds me of sitting governments selling off public utilities and crown corps, and then promptly retiring to board positions while we wonder why prices didn’t drop and services didn’t increased as promised.

A bit OT, but it always saddens me when I think, Canada could've been exactly like Norway. Use our resources and utilities for the public good, and this country could've been a paradise.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

That would require the election of politicians who do not cater to their supporting interests. Not going to happen.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
A bit OT, but it always saddens me when I think, Canada could've been exactly like Norway. Use our resources and utilities for the public good, and this country could've been a paradise.

While it's nice to think about it like that lets remember Norway has ~5.5 million people and back in 2009 was producing about 2/3s the oil production of Canada and has the added benefit of selling natural gas for a premium to hungry manufacturing in Germany.

So they had 66% of our production + the added benefit of premium gas
And they have 14% of our population (so they're basically Alberta + Saskatchewan)

I'm sure we could have done better and Alberta specifically could have done better but Norway is an extreme example of a relatively small homogenuous population that lucked out being on top of massive oil and gas reserves while being located right beside Germany.

Reactions: Cosmix

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
While it's nice to think about it like that lets remember Norway has ~5.5 million people and back in 2009 was producing about 2/3s the oil production of Canada and has the added benefit of selling natural gas for a premium to hungry manufacturing in Germany.

So they had 66% of our production + the added benefit of premium gas
And they have 14% of our population (so they're basically Alberta + Saskatchewan)

I'm sure we could have done better and Alberta specifically could have done better but Norway is an extreme example of a relatively small homogenuous population that lucked out being on top of massive oil and gas reserves while being located right beside Germany.

Yes, but we have more than oil. Nickel, coal, lumber, copper, and a few other minerals....and we're lucky to have a gluttonous neighbor to the south of us that will buy up anything.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
When Canada owned Petro Canada back in the late 70s was the time to set up a wealth fund for the public good as Norway did which theirs is now a trillion dollar fund. But the provinces wanted their take in transfer payments & wouldn't take less & constantly fought for more. It's incredible how often politicians do more to ruin things for their citizens than better it. Is it a lack of foresight, ideology or just plain greed & stupidity?

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Any arena plan will incorporate a station expansion I’d think. The two at lebreton are barely placeholders. Bay view at least is bigger. Even then it’s not really big enough for sold out events.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Every country in the world should be allowed to do this. We should have no national debt, free education, a perfect health care system, etc. But alas with a system like that people would have more time to pay attention to the corruption surrounding their everyday lives instead of slaving away to pay off the debts incurred by politriccians.

Matrix = good.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013

Honestly I don't really care about the politics behind it, a downtown arena just makes sense and it needs to get done. I will happily pay tax dollars if it comes to it.

This isn't just the Sens. I went to MTL for Drake last night and Toronto for the Weeknd like 6 months ago. I am tired of having to travel to see my favourite artists, selfishly. It's not like these guys are actively dodging Ottawa if they already have MTL and T.dot pencilled into their tours. Its because the arena is so far from civilization its hard to match the energy of other locations.

People travel domestically and internationally to these types of events and spend a lot of money.I don't see how the city wont make the funds they spend on this project back in tax revenues over time.

It is also about being a respectable major city. Such a clown show compared to Calgary, MTL, and Toronto where I can go and do anything after a game instead of being stuck in a f***ing parking lot. I don't know the situations in Winnipeg, Van, and Edmonton (never been to their arena) .

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Honestly I don't really care about the politics behind it, a downtown arena just makes sense and it needs to get done. I will happily pay tax dollars if it comes to it.

This isn't just the Sens. I went to MTL for Drake last night and Toronto for the Weeknd like 6 months ago. I am tired of having to travel to see my favourite artists, selfishly. It's not like these guys are actively dodging Ottawa if they already have MTL and T.dot pencilled into their tours. Its because the arena is so far from civilization its hard to match the energy of other locations.

People travel domestically and internationally to these types of events and spend a lot of money.I don't see how the city wont make the funds they spend on this project back in tax revenues over time.

It is also about being a respectable major city. Such a clown show compared to Calgary, MTL, and Toronto where I can go and do anything after a game instead of being stuck in a f***ing parking lot. I don't know the situations in Winnipeg, Van, and Edmonton (never been to their arena) .
The vast majority of Ottawa citizens don't go to sens games. I love the sens but do not want my taxes going to giving them somewhere to play. I could care less about concerts. I've seen the ones I've wanted and now I'm old and care more about not wasting money on things that don't add any value to my life.

Reactions: Masked

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Tax payers should front some of the bill, it’s just a matter of how much.

im ok with the city doing something subtle like taking care of decontaminating soil or gifting land to the team to do their building on while developing the area around the arena like cross walks, transit stations, etc.

Reactions: starling

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2