Post-Game Talk: Leaves blow, outta Town Sat 7:00 pm

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Duclair needs a good situation.

He didn't have many shots left before he ended up here. I have no doubt he will stick around and try to take advantage of that.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
TDPU0LB.gif

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Would that keep him RFA?

By my count, he has 3 RFA years left.

He is arbitration eligible. He will have a decent case because he's going to finish with 20+ goals and nearly 300 games.

Prompted by arbitration, Dzingel got a 2 year 1.8 million dollar settlement from the Senators with an inferior resume to Duclair. Dzingel while being the better overall player, is not anywhere near as skilled as Duclair. Although, Dzingel didn't have the mark on him of being as inconsistent as Duclair has been in his career.

I'd expect something in the 2.5M-3.5M range over 2-3 seasons. In Sens fashion, they'll backload the contract.

A two year deal might be a better approach if the Senators think they are just trying to pump Duclair up as an asset and dump him down the line. If the Senators want Duclair to be a long term piece, a 3 year deal is better because if Duclair comes in and plays hard for the next two seasons, then they probably feel pretty comfortable giving him a long term extension.

If they think he is going to be a star like he's looked like in this very small sample size, they could take a risk and sign him 5-6 years, which could put Duclair on a bargain contract if he pans out. I don't think they go that direction because as mentioned before, this is a player who has flamed out with multiple teams already. It'd be very risky.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
How has Marc Crawford been for you guys, just an absolutely huge fan back when he was in Vancouver, one of the nicest people you’ll ever hear about

Honestly always liked him, myself.

I would not be opposed to him being the coach next year either. He seems much more on board with the idea of playing the kids (despite the mistakes) and keeping his eye on the bigger picture than Boucher was. Seems much more patient than him too.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
They sounded so depressed at the end.

If you ignore the loser points and treat OTL as a loss they are .500 since the new year. Compare that to Boston who they're almost certainly likely to match up against who have been playing way above .500 in that same time frame ( second only to the Tampa Bay Lightning).

I think I'd be depressed too. Their defensive play hasn't improved, at times they're struggling to score goals and they're about to head into the playoffs to play a more complete team that's better in nearly every way. They're almost certainly going to get smashed.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Starting to think it’s not that far fetched that Duclair ends up being better. Maybe this was the wake up call he needed because I haven’t seen anything that Tortorella was *****ing about.
Maybe its the perfect situation for him. He has enough offense to lead that way and everything else is so screwed up .. the play without the puck is just what it is... They should be able to work with him on it.. Give him a 1 yr deal and let Dorion lie to him about the future

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad