Post-Game Talk: Leaves blow, outta Town Sat 7:00 pm

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Shot count made it look like Leafs were in the game. They only were for about 5 minutes thanks to a couple of weak calls in the third. Sens were the better team most of the night.
Sens can wee with the best of them. Dang you fixed it

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
I’ve got to admit I’m enjoying the significant influx of speed on this team. I’m curious about why we’ve taken a sudden shift towards a speed game but I’m certainly enjoying it.

I would like a little more physicality in the players we target moving forward as long as speed and skating continues to be a priority.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Shot count made it look like Leafs were in the game. They only were for about 5 minutes thanks to a couple of weak calls in the third. Sens were the better team most of the night.

I disagree. Andy is the main reason we won again tonight. We didn't play an awful game but we were coughing up the puck in our zone all night and Anderson had to bail us out repeatedly. Shot count reflects how the game went pretty accurately.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Until this man comes to introduce himself:

2us357.gif

This gif needs "deal with it" glasses.

Reactions: RedWhiteBlackGold

darnok

Mar 15, 2014
I disagree. Andy is the main reason we won again tonight. We didn't play an awful game but we were coughing up the puck in our zone all night and Anderson had to bail us out repeatedly. Shot count reflects how the game went pretty accurately.
The way you see it.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
It will be interesting to see these stinking soft Leafs in the playoffs, I just don't see them getting by the first rd but the playoffs is a different season & everything gets bumped up another notch. They may have out shot the Sens last night but so many of those shots were from the perimeter, I thought both teams had about the same amount of quality shots on net & Anderson kept Ott in the game but Sparks played well too.

Nylander is a soft perimeter player, Marner is a soft perimeter player, Kadri doesn't have anyone to protect him any more so he stays around the perimeter, Marleau was invisible, Mathews is soft & if you are physical on him he disappears. They suck, they are so soft but that's the kind of team Babcock likes, it will look good on them to get knocked out in the first rd. Surprised Cherry doesn't bring it up but then again it's his favourite team & he doesn't want to piss off his fan base.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Sounds like Andy was back to his good old self, and Sparks is a garbage-tier goalie (which we all knew before this game started... how did the Leafs pick this guy over the other goalies they waived and lost?!?)

Haven't had a chance to watch many games lately - life is crazy right now, just no time for it unfortunately.

Glad to see Duclair earning his spot in next year's lineup.

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

sennysensen

Feb 7, 2018
Leaf fans that go to CTC aren't the typical Toronto fans. I've been to many Blue Jays, Raptors, and Leaf games in Toronto, and the fans are normal people. [MOD] One drunk started heckling me about Melnyk in the bathroom. He looked shocked when I said that I hate Melnyk, hope he sells the team. As if a Sens fan like myself would get upset about him trash talking Melnyk and I would defend him! I could still hear the loser chirping as I walked out of the bathroom. [MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
Surprised Cherry doesn't bring it up but then again it's his favourite team & he doesn't want to piss off his fan base.

Cherry knows darned well that they are soft and that the Bruins will kill them. That's why the narrative is changing to how bad the playoff format is, not how the Leafs don't match well with physical teams.

Reactions: aragorn

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Leaf fans that go to CTC aren't the typical Toronto fans. I've been to many Blue Jays, Raptors, and Leaf games in Toronto, and the fans are normal people. [MOD] One drunk started heckling me about Melnyk in the bathroom. He looked shocked when I said that I hate Melnyk, hope he sells the team. As if a Sens fan like myself would get upset about him trash talking Melnyk and I would defend him! I could still hear the loser chirping as I walked out of the bathroom. [MOD]

I was sitting next to a leaf fan from Toronto and he was pretty laid back about the game. Was just there with his wife taking in a hockey game. I think they got a kick out of it when I joined in on the "sell your team" chant. I found most in my section pretty good except for the large man in the fake Polak jersey.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Variable26

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad