Post-Game Talk: Leafs win and sweep California

Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I swear Toronto sports chit talkers get paid kickbacks from the agencies in town. 100%.

Dreger is the biggest trash out there. He doesn't talk much when other star players are up for contract and as soon as Leafs star players are up for contracts this jackass throws out ridiculous AAVs and tries to justify them

F him and F everyone else ruining it for the Leafs

Reactions: Cleetus and thewave

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Dreger is the biggest trash out there. He doesn't talk much when other star players are up for contract and as soon as Leafs star players are up for contracts this jackass throws out ridiculous AAVs and tries to justify them

What's more amazing is MLSE hasn't seemed to have noticed this.

Reactions: PromisedLand

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Per year. That’s pretty much double what’s Benoit is making now.

What does last nights win have to do with April? The thread is about last nights game.
Have you recently bumped your head?
That’s the thing a week ago, most kept saying let’s break them up and trade everyone. A week later with 3 wins, same group will say talk to me in April, lol

Can we just comment on the game in the post game thread

Reactions: ACC1224

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Per year. That’s pretty much double what’s Benoit is making now.

That’s the thing a week ago, most kept saying let’s break them up and trade everyone. A week later with 3 wins, same group will say talk to me in April, lol

Reactions: arso40

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I can see that, and I can also see this year’s playoffs being a huge metric. Mitch puts up 9 points in games 1-3 and 1 in 4-7 again and they lose I can see a sit down happening.

But I can also see that it’s hugely poor form to; sign a guy to a huge deal, turning all 17 fans of his former team who remember the dynasty against him, giving him the C and then telling him to pound sand. He’s the only current Leaf who has a series clinching goal, I think (maybe Gio or Brodie do?).

That and JT after his deal still has probably 2-3 years of being an at least 50 point player. Offer him either 2/7 or 3/4.5 (it’ll be an over 35 deal) and give the C to 34.
I remember that series winning goal!

An end-to-end rush, beating at least 14 Lightning players before deking the jock off Vasi.

(Either that or a blind shot from bad angle that would have missed the net by four feet if it hadn't been deflected in off a defender's skate.)

• Haha
Reactions: TMLife17

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015

An end-to-end rush, beating at least 14 Lightning players before deking the jock off Vasi.

(Either that or a blind shot from bad angle that would have missed the net by four feet if it hadn't been deflected in off a defender's skate.)
You forgot how he knocked a few of the players out before receiving the puck, lol.

I meant 1.3mil/per on a 2 yr contract for Benoit’s
new deal. That’s pretty much double his current salary.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Why care? It has no bearing on anything

He talks about Leaf players because he’s in the Leaf market

That should be the reasonable expectation

Reactions: Gabriel426

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

No one would listen to Dreger if he went on and on about Sam Reinhart.

Reactions: PromisedLand

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
View attachment 798166

4 goals and 18 assists?

Schenn wasn't signed for his offensive output. And neither will Benoit. It's for both's similar tough in front of our net and in the corners play. Schenn is 33 sure, Benoit is going to look for term as well. He's gonna look for a pay bump. And we will likely have to walk on either he or McCabe. The point is when you sign a selfish prick like Nylander to almost 2 mil over value, it means you gotta cut corners somewhere else.

This team/market just LOVES being taken advantage of.

Benoit is an rfa with 15 career points. He's not getting anything near Schenns ufa salary from any team

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009

So a pretty goal counts as two?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad