Not open for further replies.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
nwo-hall.gif
giphy (14).gif

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Fantastic road trip.
This 3 game stretch was some of the better team hockey I've seen them play in awhile.
Everyone was working hard, playing with good intensity and committed to playing good team defence.
If we play with this type of purpose every night, we'd be an absolute force.

Thought Liljegren had a really good game tonight and his play is extremely important to our defence moving forward.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Domination. The once-dreaded Cali trip is now a tough LA team and two lame ducks, pun intended. I do somewhat feel the next one is a Trap game, but the skill difference was galaxies apart.

The Domi-Jarnkrok-Holmberg line was fire. That's why I still have Domi over Bert; he can gel with anybody.

Willy Styles - getting laid and getting paid, but this to me seems to spell the end of Mitch Marner's time in Toronto. 8 years great, 11.5...nice one, Tre.

Speaking of Mitch, he had a goal and was also pretty noticeable in the O-zone all night...but how? 'Lol you won't get shit for him!' is a typical HFboards smoothbrain take - 90 point wingers in their prime with control become available every day!, but - the return if he goes will not be the greatest.

Jones was great this trip even as the Leafs were the superior team in each three games.

It's taken almost a decade but I am now no longer worried about Mo having the puck in our own zone.

Where's Nicky Bobby? I sure hope he isn't injured, because nothing he's done this year has merited him sitting.

Watched the Sharks feed.

Granlund's goal was like a game 7 winner - Lol. They have some okay pieces but a long, looooooooooooong way to go. They get Celebrini it'll help but they'll be bad until at least 2027-28.

Seven posts? I counted nine, ten if you count Willy's first that went off the post.

Sharks feed one of the guys is funny because he's clearly saucing, I think it's the between the benches guy. Missing Blackwood getting his glove on shots that ultimately hit the post, Bobby McCann etc,. Love it.

Wouldn't mind me a Tomas Hertl.

The Sharks draw the third least penalties in the league - they would draw more if they chased the puck with more urgency and played harder in their own zone, playing like they did in the third.

The Sharks' Jr. girl's team won Hayley's tournament - maybe they should have played.

California's commercials are even clownier than Canada's. 'Stop burning wood to save on our exorbitant energy prices, because next summer we're gonna allow some people to start fires.'

Last edited:

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
No complaints. About what I was figuring/hoping would happen. Definitely could of been a lot more goals without the record amount of posts but who cares it's a W.

Great road trip. Get another W on Tuesday at home against the Sharks.

Go Leafs Go

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Meh, if he had signed him to a $10.5 contract in the off season people in this market would have shitted on him. Easy to say he’s a moron in hindsight but absolutely the right call not to give into a number like that based off one season.
We have seen this experiment fail.

Reactions: Rangers ftw

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
Solid game without too many big gaffes outside leaving the guy wide open in front for a tap in.. really tidy road trip overall defensively which is all this team has to do to win.

Reactions: Burnie97 and Jojalu

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Nice

Worked hard every night and never quit
Deserved every one of those 6 points
That's what happens if you don't play down to your opponents
Zero criticism for any player or coach, professional efforts every night from everyone

Proud of the boys and the effort

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Meh, if he had signed him to a $10.5 contract in the off season people in this market would have shitted on him. Easy to say he’s a moron in hindsight but absolutely the right call not to give into a number like that based off one season.
They're calling Tre a moron, but Tre is the one who signed that Nazem Kadri contract, and you all saw how THAT turned out. I would think anyone who did that would be cautious of throwing money at a guy who had one season like this...

Reactions: francis246

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Domination. The once-dreaded Cali trip is now a tough LA team and two lame ducks, pun intended. I do somewhat feel the next one is a Trap game, but the skill difference was galaxies apart.

The Domi-Jarnkrok-Holmberg line was fire. That's why I still have Domi over Bert; he can gel with anybody.

Willy Styles - getting laid and getting paid, but this to me seems to spell the end of Mitch Marner's time in Toronto. 8 years great, 11.5...nice one, Tre.

Speaking of Mitch, he had a goal and was also pretty noticeable in the O-zone all night...but how? 'Lol you won't get shit for him!' is a typical HFboards smoothbrain take - 90 point wingers in their prime with control become available every day!, but - the return if he goes will not be the greatest.

Jones was great this trip even as the Leafs were the superior team in each three games.

It's taken almost a decade but I am now no longer worried about Mo having the puck in our own zone.

Where's Nicky Bobby? I sure hope he isn't injured, because nothing he's done this year has merited him sitting.

Watched the Sharks feed.

Granlund's goal was like a game 7 winner - Lol. They have some okay pieces but a long, looooooooooooong way to go. They get Celebrini it'll help but they'll be bad until at least 2027-28.

Seven posts? I counted nine, ten if you count Willy's first that went off the post.

Sharks feed one of the guys is funny because he's clearly saucing, I think it's the between the benches guy. Missing Blackwood getting his glove on shots that ultimately hit the post, Bobby McCann etc,. Love it.

Wouldn't mind me a Tomas Hertl.

The Sharks draw thee third least penalties in the league - they would draw more if they chased the puck with more urgency and played harder in their own zone, playing like they did in the third.

The Sharks' Jr. girl's team won Hayley's tournament - maybe they should have played.

California's commercials are even clownier than Canada's. 'Stop burning wood to save on our exorbitant energy prices, because next summer we're gonna allow some people to start fires.'

Disagree, listening to many of the insiders it sounds like they are going to get Marner done as well. This likely spells the end of Tavares after his contract is up. Either he takes a really cheap discount or he’s not playing in Toronto past his current contract.

The plan has always been to lean on the core 3 forwards. Toronto has a ton of money coming off the books. They are gonna make it all work and wait for that Tavares 11 mill to be gone.

I think it comes down to its hard to acquire star players and you gotta keep them when you have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad