Post-Game Talk: Leafs win again.

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
Detroit looks like utter trash. Complete dominance. In fact they look even worse than last year somehow. Lmao

Reactions: supermann_98

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
One of the most lopsided games I've ever seen. Thank goodness the pre season is over and we can get into the real games. Leafs are going to be dynamite this year.

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
How long before teams take away Matthews on the PP like teams take away OV ? It is coming, just hope McFarlane is preparing for it.
I think that’s where having Tavares in the slot really helps as opposed to down low. If they take away Matthews by cheating a bit, Tavares is wide open in the slot which is much more dangerous than Kadri was.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Just feels like they may actually be able to.
Maybe for the first few games, the hockey is always loose to start the season. The 10 game mark is where things have tightened up and you start to see a fight to generate space. I’m going to enjoy us flying through the neutral zone, but just like last year, it won’t last. October hockey is a process...

Reactions: Stamkos4life

Contenderorpretender

Oct 10, 2017
Kinda surprised there hasn't been more Mikheyev makes Kapanen or Johnsson expendable talk.
Because pre season doesn't mean shit. Maybe after 20 or 30 games if he performs well it would be worth a discussion. And maybe he will play well enough to allow for cap casualties for next season when we have to sign some defenseman.

But I dont put to much stock in pre season performance

horner

May 22, 2007
Just finished the game.

Man, Mikheyev was amazing. All over the ice, good defensively, good on the rush, really fast, great along the boards, killing penalties, what a nice addition.

Also loved Moore, the kid works his ass off every time he hits the ice.

The PP looks really promising, I like this setup and also the fact that Marner is shooting more, will be way harder to figure this PP out, we have so many options.

Also, Ceci has really impressed me. Just a steady, good skating, big partner for Rielly. Couldnt ask for more and I guess as he gets more comfortable we will see some offense from him as well.

On the other hand, I dont like Barrie at all. I have expected ankle breakers from him, nice rushes and quick breakout passes. I have seen none of those. He looks really uncomfortable, weak on the puck, lots of giveaways, feels like he is just not there sometimes. I hope it's only the early season form but he needs to be waaay better.
Ceci really like his game. dosnt try to do to much.
mik is going to be a really good player for.
Moore just love his gm.
Barrie better than Jake but I wouldn't resign him at 8 mil.
Muzzin love his game as well.

our defence has improved a shot load

right know I would resign
Muzzin and Ceci
Sandin can take Barrie's spot.

Reactions: Faltorvo

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
Detroit looks like utter trash. Complete dominance. In fact they look even worse than last year somehow. Lmao

Good for them. To finish the complete breakdown they need to get a top 4 pick. Larkin is a good piece to build around, but they need one more superstar talent. Mantha and others are nice, but not game changers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad