Post-Game Talk: Leafs win again.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
I wonder if Spezza is on the outside looking in... from Babcock's comments, he may have been this whole training camp.

We COULD see a 4th line of:
Timashov-Gauthier-Korshkov
OR
Korshkov-Gauthier-Shore

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I know he’s had a good camp, but I’m still not sold Gauthier is the solution as 4th line center. He’s shown flashes before and then looked utterly useless for long stretches. Just a caution to consider, he’s a pretty known quantity.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I wonder if Spezza is on the outside looking in... from Babcock's comments, he may have been this whole training camp.

OR
Korshkov-Gauthier-Shore

I strongly believe that Spezza's job is secured and he is going to be in the lineup

Last edited:

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
I know he’s had a good camp, but I’m still not sold Gauthier is the solution as 4th line center. He’s shown flashes before and then looked utterly useless for long stretches. Just a caution to consider, he’s a pretty known quantity.
Yeah just seems 'average' to me and don't really get the media/fans infatuation for him besides able to call him "goat".

Reactions: NiftyMits

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Team looks great but I'd consider swapping kapanen and moore.

Babcock just badly wants a Hyman like presence in that line. Kapanen is probably the closest to Hyman in terms of Heavy/forecheck style.

I agree though, I personally want Moore in that line

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Last chance for Holl and Gravel

I hope Gravel Makes it. He led the team in ice time against Montreal.

Heavy Presence while also looks like he has decent puck-moving ability. Solid on the PK.

Essentially what Babcock wanted Harpur to be

Reactions: dsred

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Spezza took a discount to come here. Dubas and Spezza know what's up Babcock too.

They won't embarrass him at this stage of the season. Hell Marleau was shit and played more than Matthews in game 7.

Reactions: hullsy47

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario

Heavy Presence while also looks like he has decent puck-moving ability. Solid on the PK.

He has a very real chance to grab the #7 spot. As much as Marincin has earned the #6 spot to date, I think we are all holding our breath for his inevitable slip up. Could end up Gravel-Sandin a few games in to the season. Performance tonight/PK ability against NHLers will go a long way in deciding his fate

Reactions: Ciao

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Yeah just seems 'average' to me and don't really get the media/fans infatuation for him besides able to call him "goat".
And he’s just a meh PKer too.

I’m most concerned about our PK this year, it cost us big time last, and I’m not sure I see the upgrades.

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009

OR
Korshkov-Gauthier-Shore

i would be very surprised if the dropped spezza. he is great at the faceoff. would be a good veteran and can offer pp support. if there is an injury he can also play up for s short stretch if needed.

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008

Who has to clear waivers between Gravel, Marincin and Holl? Gravel can not fit over holl once Hyman and dermott are back unless we grab Jarry as a back up

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

OR
Korshkov-Gauthier-Shore
Spezza is on the team.
Either maintenance or something came up.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.

He's noticeably faster now.

Reactions: Ciao and mccabe2424

MarnerElite

Feb 20, 2019

Considering it's 4th line duty and you need to: a)play fast(check, he's gotten much faster for a big man)...b)responsible defensively(always has been imo) and c)win puck battles along the wall, cycle as long as you can(pretty decent at it but could be better)....I was very much like you last year because nothing really stood out and for a big guy he lost a lot of puck battles...But this camp he's been one of our better players imo(again when you consider it's 4th line and all). I'd rather have him than any of the other players who were put on waivers for example(or even Shore who is getting a shot and i don't have a clue why because he hasn't showed anything).

MarnerElite

Feb 20, 2019
We say that every year about him. Seriously. I’m in wait and see mode.

Yeah thats fair too. Who would you rather have instead though? Remember Babs doesn't care much about higher offensive production on that line if the guy isn't responsible defensively, can't win puck battles, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad