Post-Game Talk: Leafs win again.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Rather have both Korshkov and HYman on the team, even when Hyman comes back.

Spezza might be the odd man out. I just dont think Babcock wants skill on the 4th line. He's rather have speedy, big forecheckers
nope, it's all about having depth

korsh does not need waivers, when hyman returns, moore goes to the 4th line

leaving it goat/moore/spez and one of the other vets like read/shore/ect

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Honestly...I was pissed off trading Kadri, who was one of our only players with any physical game. But if we can implement

-Korshkov into the team on a regular basis
-Having Moore play a full season now
-Having Mikhyev's big body for a full season too

Our lineup doesnt look overly soft anymore. If healthy, bolded is are players who have some sort of physicality/grit to their game

Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Johnsson - Mathews - Nylander
Mikheyev - Kerfoot - Kapanen
Moore - Gauthier - Korshkov

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Thanks!

I was sort of making a joke and thought it would be double minors for every subsequent failed challenge. That’s confusing since it said unlimited challenges.

I think you’re right, you can challenge as much as you want but it’s always a double minor after the first failed challenge.

They wanted unlimited challenges to make sure you wouldn’t be penalized by an egregious mistake even if you had been wrong before. They’re trying to cutdown on challenges that are borderline infractions.

Reactions: The Examiner

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Honestly...I was pissed off trading Kadri, who was one of our only players with any physical game. But if we can implement

-Korshkov into the team on a regular basis
-Having Moore play a full season now
-Having Mikhyev's big body for a full season too

Our lineup doesnt look overly soft anymore. If healthy, bolded is are players who have some sort of physicality/grit to their game

Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Johnsson - Mathews - Nylander
Mikheyev - Kerfoot - Kapanen
Moore - Gauthier - Korshkov

JT is no wallflower

Reactions: 54thecup

Spargon

May 31, 2019
If people are "taking away" Ovi on the PP they are doing a bad job.

Over the past three seasons he ranks: 3rd, 2nd, 2nd in PPG...

Yeah if anything it's more the opposite. teams focus on everyone else BUT Ovi because you aren't going to stop him so use your energy on people you can stop.

HomerJLeafs

i just hope we make the POs
Dec 27, 2017
Offside challenges are a joke so im good with the new rules
And yeah Barrie is not much better than Jake but so far i liked the Ceci-Rielly duo Ceci is better than expected and Rielly is just amazing and im so happy he is a Leaf he grew up infrontof our eyes and hes getting even better entering his prime

Reactions: supermann_98

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
If people are "taking away" Ovi on the PP they are doing a bad job.

Over the past three seasons he ranks: 3rd, 2nd, 2nd in PPG...

Well they put 2 players on him but he seems to be able to overcome it. He also has that slapshot that Matthews does not have or does not use as often.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
That Moore kid looks like a diamond in the rough. He does all of the little things right.

Can I just say I was one of those people who rolled their eyes a little bit when people said that Trevor Moore, this undrafted guy for the Marlies, should get a shot.

I'm now 100% on board the Moore hype train, and hope he is a Leaf for a long time. His work ethic is just off the charts.

Reactions: Blair

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Can I just say I was one of those people who rolled their eyes a little bit when people said that Trevor Moore, this undrafted guy for the Marlies, should get a shot.

I'm now 100% on board the Moore hype train, and hope he is a Leaf for a long time. His work ethic is just off the charts.

He really reminds me of Paul Byron. Which is a good thing.

54thecup

keep on rockin the free world!
Aug 3, 2017
Muskoka
JT is no wallflower

What's uncanny about JT is that he is willing to take a beating in the slot and yet he is almost always in a shooting position.

Re-watching some pp clips of the last 2 games and you can see him really developing chemistry with Marner on one side and Matthews on the other. They can use different chemistry on either side to be less predictable.

Reactions: Faltorvo

Rogue

Jun 21, 2017
I am so excited! Finally the wait is almost over!!!
Good game by the boys!
Go Leafs Go!!!

Reactions: kb

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Thanks!

I was sort of making a joke and thought it would be double minors for every subsequent failed challenge. That’s confusing since it said unlimited challenges.
sorry I read the rule wrong, it seems that the coach can keep challenging all they want on anything that can be reviewed.
NHL announces rule changes for video review, coach's challenge

There will be multiple changes to the coach's challenge, most notably adding a third category to allow coaches to challenge missed stoppages of play in the offensive zone that lead to goals. They already were permitted to challenge for goalie interference and offside.

Under the new category, coaches will be able to challenge plays that may involve pucks that hit off the protective spectator netting, pucks that are illegally high-sticked to a teammate in the offensive zone, pucks that have gone out of play but are subsequently touched in the offensive zone, and hand passes.

The time between when the event that should have resulted in a stoppage happened and when the goal was scored does not matter as long as the puck stays in the attacking zone.
"We're not talking about discretionary calls, we're not talking about missed penalties," NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly said. "It's really just black-and-white calls that video can conclusively determine that there was a missed stoppage and it resulted in a goal."

Coach's challenges no longer will be limited based on the availability of a timeout, but a minor penalty for delay of game will be assessed for any failed challenge under any of the three categories. Any subsequent failed challenge will result in a double minor for delay of game.

Under the old rules, a minor penalty for delay of game was assessed only for a failed challenge for offside.

Reactions: The Examiner

Griffin76

May 17, 2014
Nova Scotia
Because pre season doesn't mean ****. Maybe after 20 or 30 games if he performs well it would be worth a discussion. And maybe he will play well enough to allow for cap casualties for next season when we have to sign some defenseman.

But I dont put to much stock in pre season performance

Completely agree. Just expected a little more shiny new toy type comments from this fan base.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Yes that's what they said on the telecast. BTW how smug was Blashill during that challenge, and how outraged when he lost it. Loved that.
Can you imagine challenging an obviously dubious offside play during an exhibition game? The egg looks good on his face. These type of challenges drove me crazy last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad