Post-Game Talk: Leafs win again.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Short forms are a normal thing. Do you dislike it when people say "NHL" instead of "National Hockey League" as well?
no, because there are not many other initials that can be confused with NHL especially when talking on a hockey forum.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
I think we all love to see a beat down of the Detroit Red Wings and dominant offensive performances, but would be curious to see if they've developed that extra gear where they can win a war 2-1 vs some of the true contenders as the season wears on.
I agree would like to see that as well.

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
The fact that our biggest superstar (unlike other superstars like McDavid or Crosby) can not be named a captain because he is a pos is devastating im devastated and he played good and he always plays good when he is under pressure. We have a great hockeyteam. I hope babcock doesnt **** this up in november just like last season it would be a shame.
Barrie is not good.

Obviously four pre-season games are more relevant than his 307 regular season points and his 8 points in 12 playoff games last season. :sarcasm:

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Yeah what was that? Lol

mid course correction?

I heard this Trevor Moore is kinda good ;)

he's an NHL player I heard

Dont think I saw that shot all last year.

Atta boy Willie!

yeah remember the last years opener v the Habs or that November road game in SanJose...errr wait a minute derp.... nvm!

What about the third unsuccessful challenge? Triple minor?

after two misses you lose the right to challenge

Yea Kappy leaves much to be desired. Fast, feisty and finish is all he is. 3rd line it is for him hopefully unless he breaks out somehow. Moores less skilled but better all around imo and would look good with Tavares/Marner.

Kappy has improved a ton since he came over from Pittsburgh and I like what he does, I have to laugh though, back in those days there was a whole faction of LeaFlanders convinced this guy was going to be 1st line killer and a future HoFer...oh boy! where are they now?

Do you guys think Kerfoot is a PP player? I'm not convinced yet.

I haven't seen it yet either but he's a good 3rd liner with PK ability, I think he, Moore and Kapanen will compliment each other's games, will there be a faster line in the NHL?

dominicmoore19

Jun 8, 2010
I think Kerfoot looks to be a very smart player. Reminds me a lot of Dominic Moore during his first stint with us, when he played with Jason Blake. Thats your ideal 3rd line center, really.

Edit: Kerfoot, not Korshkov. :S

Did someone say Dominic Moore?

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Once Kapanen is added to that line when Hyman returns, the speed of a line of Mikheyev, Kerfoot, Kapanen is going to be insane. Kerfoot, who can motor, will probably be the slowest of the three.

(OT..is there any cool way for the announcer to say "Keeerrrrfoooooot")

as for Kerfoot on the 2nd PP. He is a shot tipper. He would be the net presence on a second unit.

Reactions: Duckrider

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
after two misses you lose the right to challenge

Thanks!

I was sort of making a joke and thought it would be double minors for every subsequent failed challenge. That’s confusing since it said unlimited challenges.

Last edited:

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
no, because there are not many other initials that can be confused with NHL especially when talking on a hockey forum.

I’m not having a go at you but you’re on the Leaf board so it should be pretty easy to figure out who AJ is. Pretty straightforward.

Unlike the Habs forum where Keith Kinkaid (KK) exists and they use KK for Kotkaniemi. Took me a while to figure that one out. :laugh:

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
I liked Korshkov this preseason. I think you send him down though, give him a few months to work on first steps and learning the NA game and he's ready for a late season push when the bigger bodies will be needed. This gives Petan and Agostino some time to prove themselves before Hyman comes back. You'll be able to sneak them down through waivers more then I think. With a 21 roster due to cap restrictions, probably will only carry an extra D.
no brother,,,, you have it backwards

keep korshkov up now till hyman returns and send him down when moore gets demoted to 4th line

and then send him down.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
no brother,,,, you have it backwards

keep korshkov up now till hyman returns and send him down when moore gets demoted to 4th line

and then send him down.

Rather have both Korshkov and HYman on the team, even when Hyman comes back.

Spezza might be the odd man out. I just dont think Babcock wants skill on the 4th line. He's rather have speedy, big forecheckers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad