Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 7-4. Good response

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
That's a tall order.

I guess you let him go and see where he lands. 50 would be huge. 60 would be a franchise first.

All of this and he is still in his early twenties. We don't get these many good players at this age. A reminder why I said the only two I wouldn't trade were Matthews or Andersen. I stick to that premise.

True 60 is a tall order, but with 35 games left all he needs is 16 goals to hit 50, 16 in 35 seems like a cakewalk for him. We’ll see.

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
How many seasons has he been in the league and he still can't defend a 2-on-1.
I was hoping Dubas would get some value for him while it's still there but Reilly's injury probably shot that idea.

Liljegren can’t possibly be worse than Barrie defensively.

I still think they should scratch him for a game.

Put Lilly and Sandin together on the power play.

danron1376

Jan 3, 2011
Matthews 2nd ever hat trick

2nd ever empty net goal.

absolutely nuts to both of those, he’s built up his goal totals the hard way...
was his first empty net goal the one that clinched his first playoffs?

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Yes we have to play non-NHL defenders because Barrie plays worse than my 6 year old nephew in his own zone. I Agree

I thought they better as a whole with pinches and knowing when to jump, which is what you expect after the prior 3 games. But Barrie on the 2-6 goal was ridiculous. Going in zone fishing for another goal when you're up by 5 at that point is just not being aware.

Reactions: Duffman955

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Missed the game. Nice to see the win.. this is like the inverse of the Florida game. Can’t say I’m too happy the Leafs gave up 3 straight goals in the third and 4 overall in the game. NJ is not a good team either.

Hate to see these defensive and goaltending issues plague the team. Hopefully it corrects itself down the stretch otherwise it’s going to be a rough end to the season.

Happy to see Sandin get some points and that Matthews was finally able to get a hat trick after so long

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
Wait the Bruins didn't get a loser point. Incredible

Yeah but because of our 3 losses, the Bruins are still 10 points ahead of us. The Sabres have a better chance of catching us than we have of catching the Bruins as the Sabres are only 7 points behind us.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
AD727943-5201-4035-8678-4E3AB6C96E31.png

SBA only holds 19,000 ?

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
I thought they better as a whole with pinches and knowing when to jump, which is what you expect after the prior 3 games. But Barrie on the 2-6 goal was ridiculous. Going in zone fishing for another goal when you're up by 5 at that point is just not being aware.

You cant win with players like Barrie.

He doesn't care about winning. He wants to pad stats to get a pay day in July.

Get rid of this moron when Rielly is back.

hobarth

Jul 10, 2011
TO needed the win so the results were excellent. Against a playoff team I doubt TO would've won this game.

In this game 2 players seemed to be giving the puck up a lot. Marner with his 20 or so no look passes and Dermott. I don't think Dermott and Holl make for a very good shut down tandem, I'd like to see Dermott replaced by Sandin.

I saw Sandin use his body 3 times to shut down a play or take the puck from a player, that's at least 2 more times than Rielly on any given night. So far I'm really liking TO's newest shiny penny, Sandin.

Finally saw Engvall with JT and Ny, I really like the look of that line, Engvall has the size, speed, talent and brain of a top 6 forward, Mikhey was alrite but Engvall looks far better.

Matthews, 3 goals on 4 shots, I barely noticed him tonite yet he ends up with a hat trick.

I think Spezza would be a better 3rd line center than Kerfoot, it's not that Kerfoot is bad but I feel Spezza is better.

Anyway it was a good result for TO, now back to playing a playoff quality team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad