Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 5-3

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Nice to get the win. Especially against a defensively stingy team like the Stars. Benn at 9.5M for 14 goals. Seguin has 11 goals.

Nice to see teams having to worry about defending us. I like it better that way.
We had put in at least 4 goals in the last 7 games on the road and all I heard on Toronto media was how tough it was going to be against a stingy Dallas team. We’re a legit offensive powerhouse being led by our core (minus Tavares who continues to look out of sorts).

Last edited:
Reactions: qqaz

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Honestly they played hard and a bit reckless with some of the hits off the boards, but there wasn't really any goonery. The only real scruffle there was was the one after Sandin got hit, where nobody looked particularly interested in the extra curricular activity... especially the ones instigating it. Haha
I thought pulling sandins head back was pretty goonery too.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
It doesn't look like Matthews will be given an assist on Johnsson's empty net goal because the NHL PR Twitter account posted the following scoring changes and neither one mentioned Matthews getting another assist.

TMLS

Oct 30, 2013
London, Ontario
Willie has more goals than assists. I thought he was supposed to be a better play maker than goal scorer. Hopefully he can help Johnny get out of his funk soon.
He does, feeds him amazing passes but washed up Tavares always shoots right at the goalies chest every time. Willy should have at least 9-10 more assists if he had a competent finisher with him.

Reactions: Matte99

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Muzzin is very important to this defense.

Muzzin and Holl taking tough matchups and not getting curb stomped is vital since we have very few guys on the backend that can be trusted defensively

Rielly and Barrie are scary bad in their own end, Ceci is fine if he's on the 3rd pair, Dermott is starting to come around but he's not there yet and Sandin is a kid

That's not exactly confidence inspiring

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Up to 12th in the NHL but 9th in the conference... I expect teams like the Islanders/Jackets/Flyers/Canes/Panthers to start losing a few games here. They were all too good going into the break while we were on our 1-3-2 streak.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad