Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 5-3

Zizzzzy

Dec 6, 2017
On the Dallas broadcast they described a play by Marner as “sagacious “.
I thought wtf, is that a chirp?

I typed "sag" into Google and it autocomplete it for me. Obviously I'm not the only person who just looked that up....lol

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I thought that Dermott played really well tonight.
Matthews and marner were outstanding.
Hyman all heart and grit.

Agree.

I'm starting to worry a little about Tavares. Noticed him getting stripped off the puck a few times tonight. Hoping that's not a trend.

Most important - that was an nice win against a good opponent.

Last edited:

The Big Swede13

Sep 2, 2019
Alot to like about tonight’s game

The first line was good offensively and Marner and Hyman were tremendous on the PK and at the end of the game. PK was very good and I like that Keefe’s rolls more then 2 forward pairs. Ceci was lowkey good. Muzzin is good at breaking up plays but sometimes handles the puck like a grenade. The PP sucked but we only had one so we can give it a pass. The 3rd line didnt generate much but Engvall aint going back to the Marlies he does alot of little stuff very well. Andersen was solid and gave us a chance to get the W . Overall pretty good game on the road

Is Moore hurt? We didnt see much of him in the 3rd but saw Gauthier and Spezza.

slimbob8

Aug 11, 2016
Babs would approve of this view.

Every coach in the league would approve of this view. Most teams have a d-man that the fans think shouldn't be in the lineup because he plays a role that is brutal for advanced stats. I mean the best team in the league last year had no issues playing one of the worst possession players there is all year (Girardi) and being successful. People have been saying Polak should be done for years yet he's still out there playing that same role.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
What a fantastic and hard working player he is. He puts in 100% effort every single game. Was beautiful on the PK as well. Just a very underrated player.

Every shift really.

Coaches love effort.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Nice to get the win. Especially against a defensively stingy team like the Stars. Benn at 9.5M for 14 goals. Seguin has 11 goals.

Nice to see teams having to worry about defending us. I like it better that way.
It's crazy the Stars are a top team with them under performing so significantly.

I popped in and out, but we looked good from what I saw. Noticeably aggressive forecheck in the third, which really seemed to work. Everyone seemed to do what was necessary down the stretch. Hyman's awesome, JT won 2 key late faceoffs and the stars didn't really look dangerous in the final ~5 (or even 7 when you think of the PP) minutes.

Reactions: MattySnipes

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
That Johnsson - Engvall - Kapanen line was fricken amazing.

If Engvall can continue to play the center role, Kerfoot has some heavy competition for the 3C role ... Also considering Mikheyev will be back next season, I think it'll come down to trading one of the two small middle-6 forwards (Kerfoot and Johnsson).

Last edited:
Reactions: saffronleaf

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Though there have been some stinkers like the Florida game and the Philly game, I think we play much better on the road than we do at home.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad