Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 5-3

BigGulpsEh

Feb 20, 2017
Need to tighten it down better in their own end but a win is a win. Decent game for the leafs

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
If Matthews scores at the same rate he did last season he will have 51 goals.

He isn't going to do that. He is improving and he has a lethal power play too.

He is getting 55-60.

Reactions: ThewThew

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Wasn't too concerned during the third, even if the Wings tied it up there wasn't much chance of them taking the win. Leafs sat back too much but in an 82 game season, it's going to happen, especially when you think you can score at will (and essentially have been).

Marincin is looking good, I'd keep him in until he earns a night off.

Reactions: Brown Dog

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
Andersen is looking better

PP is still deadly

Our unaffordable core looking real good

Damn it feels good to be a Leafs fan

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
:laugh:

Poor Zaitsev that game. Got absolutely smashed on analytics but I cant see much he did wrong during the game. Seemed to be continuous highlights of him doing the right thing while Gards or the forwards left men open or made gaffes.

I feel for ya Zaits.

He needs to be playing with Rielly. I think its only a matter of time

leburn98

Jan 28, 2013
200.gif

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
So 8 out of a possible 10 pts to the start the season.

I don't care how ugly the individual games where (or parts of those games). All I see are 8 pts in the standings :D

In the words of Mike Babcock:

"We got two bonus points in the bank, now its on to the next segment". :P

Reactions: GrizzLeaf

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Leafs are 4-1-0.

I dont know why people are freaking out about them not being in post season form. Its October.

No reason to be worried yet but given the expectations of the team, and the defensive play on the ice, I think we're allowed to be critical of the team even in wins.

I'm not thrilled by how they won this game either. They were in complete control through 2, but sat back on their heels in the third and allowed the Wings to get back into it. The PP won't always bail them out.

One of those things they'll have to improve on.

The Best Leafs Ever

Feb 28, 2017
Much better game from Andersen tonight, Leafs just gave too many grade A chances and that fluke goal gifted to Detroit. That should’ve been on ice call.

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Well, we won, but that 3rd period left a sour taste in my mouth. We played really well over the first 2 periods, but got completely dominated in the 3rd.
Great! The Caps got blown out and we're up next in their barn. Great....

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
To those complaining about defensive gave... 2 pts is 2 pts... at this time of year, it doesn't matter if we're firing at all cylinders or playing perfect hockey.... just need the points...

Its the last 20 games of the season that its important that we're playing the right way...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad