Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 5-3

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
To those complaining about defensive gave... 2 pts is 2 pts... at this time of year, it doesn't matter if we're firing at all cylinders or playing perfect hockey.... just need the points...

Its the last 20 games of the season that its important that we're playing the right way...

Yeah. What truly matters is how you are playing after the all star break because there is no switch you can turn on in the playoffs. Either you are slumping into the playoffs or going into it on a high note.

As long as we are winning and getting as many points as possible to win our division, that’s all that matters.

Who would you rather be right now? Tampa who has scored 2 goals in 2 games or the Leafs who score 5 goals a game while giving up 3-4?

Things get tighter as the season progresses. It always happens.

Reactions: SavedByRoy

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Wasn't too concerned during the third, even if the Wings tied it up there wasn't much chance of them taking the win. Leafs sat back too much but in an 82 game season, it's going to happen, especially when you think you can score at will (and essentially have been).

Marincin is looking good, I'd keep him in until he earns a night off.
Marincin is looking good? Your hockeyes need glasses.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
Marincin was good in his first game and on the PK tonight. Dude needs to get his act together with the pinching though, I understand that we want the D pinching MOST of the time and that Tavares didn't back him up properly, but dude is playing on his weak side, he needs to recognize that he's at a disadvantage.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Guys, pretty sure it was fatigue that got them in the third tonight.

Not mad at all.

Time to go into Washington on Saturday and sweep the road trip in a statement game.

Reactions: coupe93 and Marshy

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013
After giving up 11 shots in the furst two periods, I really wanted to see them close it down convincingly in the third for an altogether dominant game.

As it turned out, Leafs got bored and wings pushed hard. Disappointing, but given a choice between being the team that played strong for two periods, or the team that had a too little, too late burst in the third, not too hard to decide. Let's not doom and gloom this one up.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Well that’s what happens when you are leading a game. Most teams get complacent and the Leafs are no different. Also, it’s the beginning of the season and their 4th game in 6 nights.

Wish we could keep pushing the pace against when we are leading but **** happens.

I’ll take the W and move on.

I get score effects and that we might be tired, but the Wings had 8 high danger chances at 5v5 in third versus 0 for us. 20-5 were the shot attempts in favour of the Wings at 5v5. It was insane.

It's just disappointing because we played a really solid overall game over the 2 first periods.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad