Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 5-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Apparently, the Blues can't play hockey unless they're playing our Leafs!

Took 2 points away from us, and now, giving 2 points to our division rival!

I have a theory behind why teh Leafs suck at home.

since most of the players in the NHL are from Ontario; so when they come to Toronto to play in front of friends and family; Leafs players let the other team win so that the other players' friends and families can go home happy.

:laugh:

Reactions: Al14

Leaf4Life79

Jun 30, 2018
St. Thomas, ON
I agree with your opinion after tonight. I mean Spezza hasn't necessarily been bad, I just think the other two have been better. Petan on the other hand isn't really an nhl player.

My bad, I meant to put Petan in that post! Timashov and Shore FTW!

ETA: Spezza has been pretty lackluster in my opinion. I don't think he is going to make the team.

Reactions: Mitch nylander

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
I think he had a few good defensive plays, but I don't really credit him for it since he was basically just fixing his own mess.

While offensively... I don't know why he's suddenly just throwing the puck at the net from every angle and distance?

Yes, he looks lost out there.
He should pass the puck and the goals will come later.
Trying to be a shooter instead of utilizing his strengths.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Great job by the bottom six tonight, they got the job done at both ends of the ice. Also good to see Freddy bounce back.

Tavares and Marner need to start earning their paycheques.

Reactions: glue

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
i dont know why babcock been switching timashov in and out, hes been good since camp and looks like a nhl player

Reactions: ULF_55

AndyWozniewski

Jan 18, 2017
Based on the eye test, GOAT always seems to play in the offensive zone. His possession numbers must be really good and I think this will be a breakout year for him. Our 4th line looks the best I've seen in a long time.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
His game really thrives off of his creativity and confidence .. Something tells me he's just not feeling that confident out there for one reason or another. His ability to make the right high risk plays versus the bad risk plays is a big reason why he was successful. He's looking like he's just not feeling it right now.

I think he's in his own head right now. Combine that with Tavares not quite on his own game and Kapanen struggling on his off-wing, and I think it's a collective struggle. I believe there's too much talent there for them to not be successful .. Elite? We'll see.

Would be interesting to see Hyman come back and add some stability to that line's dynamic .. That could be the straw that stirs the drink there.

It concerns me when people say that. We don't need to pay ~22 M to 2 guys that can only play when Hyman is with them. Leafs just paid Marner a boatload of money to be one of the straws that stirs the drink, yet he needs Hyman?

Leaf4Life79

Jun 30, 2018
St. Thomas, ON
Based on the eye test, GOAT always seems to play in the offensive zone. His possession numbers must be really good and I think this will be a breakout year for him. Our 4th line looks the best I've seen in a long time.

Agreed, Goat is off to the best start as a Leaf for sure. I really like what I see from him, he is even a faster skater to boot!

Muzz on the other hand, needs to work on his speed, very slow on his feet.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Upside down world.

I'm not sure who is bringing the Tavares line down more, marner or Tavares?

Tavares looks okay at time whereas marner looks like he's a rookie trying to make the team except he lacks the effort a rookie should have.

Still think Rielly and marner have to wake up.

Marner throwing muffins at the net trying to score...need to earn that contract.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Yes, he looks lost out there.
He should pass the puck and the goals will come later.
Trying to be a shooter instead of utilizing his strengths.

Cause his greedy dad yelled and gas lit his arse all summer long that HE IS BETTER than Auston MFing Matthews, and eventually he even believed it and sold Dubas on his better than Matthews spiel.
He now wants to pot 10 goals ASAP to prove the naysayers

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I have a theory behind why teh Leafs suck at home.

since most of the players in the NHL are from Ontario; so when they come to Toronto to play in front of friends and family; Leafs players let the other team win so that the other players' friends and families can go home happy.

:laugh:
MLSE should stop selling tickets to the opposing team's players, and instead, give the tickets to real Leaf fans that can't afford to pay to go to a game!

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
It concerns me when people say that. We don't need to pay ~22 M to 2 guys that can only play when Hyman is with them. Leafs just paid Marner a boatload of money to be one of the straws that stirs the drink, yet he needs Hyman?

It's less of Hyman being the difference maker and more of him adding that element of familiarity and stability that can help Marner and Tavares find their game again in light of their struggles. Once their confidence gets going it doesn't matter who they'll play with.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Hyman should be a $20M cap hit. He is the most valuable piece to our 22-million duo. He is tasked with taking faceoffs on only one good leg, and doesn't complain. He's a successful children's book author. He fights. Eats right. Lives right.

Do they make players like that anymore, really? :sarcasm:

Reactions: cookie

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
What are they putting in Gauthier's water? He's a completely different player this season. Never though he would have a next gear like that.

I feel the same. I honestly didn’t think he could ever be a full time NHLer, yet here we are. It feels like just about every shift he’s making sure that something is happening with the puck and that it’s getting deep into the offensive zone.

The whole 4th line was great tonight. It’s nice to see that when the big guns aren’t clicking, the bottom 6 can bring their game up to make sure we get 2 points.

Now if we can get everybody firing at once we might just be a dominant team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad