Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 5-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Incetardis

Sep 17, 2013
Ya that bottom 6 looks good. Really like the 4th line with goat, shore, & timo. Finally looked like they have some chemistry and an identity as a unit. The 3rd line continues to be stellar. Moore & mikheyev are beasts on the wings and Kerfoot is looking like a more than adequate Kadri replacement. If that Tavares line ever gets going look out. Really Matthews has been the only 1 of our "studs" up front to bring it thus far.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Let's say positive since it's a win. We can apparently beat a team like Detroit even with our top six MIA and a so-so game from our defense as well.

Good
Kerfoot
Mikheyev
Moore
Shore
Gauthier
Timashov

Fine
Matthews
Johnsson
Kapanen
Ceci
Muzzin
Barrie
Holl
Andersen

Bad
Nylander
Tavares
Marner
Rielly
Sandin

basketball ?

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Bottom 6 Beauty. Again Ill say it.
Bottom 6 Beauttyyyy plays, effort, D.

Matthews carrying his line, but all 5 wings collapse on him so its on AJ and Willie.

Tavares and Marner - 22 Million dollar waste.

Especially Marner there messing up every play doing his best Komorov impression.
He needs to find his game!!! Or we trade for cap space to sign our Bottom 6

Hot take central I know

Go leafs!!

Reactions: saffronleaf

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
giphy.gif

Reactions: LeafSadist

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Timashov was excellent tonight. Finishing checks, and not giving up on any plays. He displayed great vision, on both assists.

Nick Shore had a nice night as well. A nice first goal, with the back hand. Him and gauthier were great on the draws as well.

Freddy Gauthier, had multiple great chances. His skating looks improved this season.

As a whole that fourth line was great.

---------------------
Our third line was also great.
Mikheyev is a swiss army knife type. So many tools. Good size, great speed. Can score, can work the boards, can pass. He had a great night.
Kerfoot was also quietly good. I don't mind his game at all.
Moore was alright too.
-------
The 1st and 2nd line were okay at best.

Overall feels good man to come out with two points against a hot team.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Bottom 6 carried this game. I really liked what I saw from Gauthier, Moore and Miky. Going forward I would keep the first line together. They have a lot of sustained offensive zone time, AJ is gritty and Matthews-Nylander are producing and that's without having those random few game streaks where they have like 2-3 points per game. Second line needs a shake up of some kind. Kapanen is legitimately too fast for that line and skates faster than he thinks. He also forces Marner to the LW way too often when he is all over the ice. Miky or Moore should take his place and Kapanen moves down accordingly. Really liked what I saw from the third line as well. Also, no point in Marner PKing. Wastes his energy and overinflates his TOI compared to his and Matthews paltry 5v5 TOI that Babcock continues to utilize.

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
good win.

need every point possible.

... if the playoffs started today we'd be facing boston again in round 1 with them having home ice. :sarcasm:

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Let's say positive since it's a win. We can apparently beat a team like Detroit even with our top six MIA and a so-so game from our defense as well.

Good
Kerfoot
Mikheyev
Moore
Shore
Gauthier
Timashov

Fine
Matthews
Johnsson
Kapanen
Ceci
Muzzin
Barrie
Holl
Andersen

Bad
Nylander
Tavares
Marner
Rielly
Sandin
Let's stay positive, then, you go and list the Bad players. Nice one.

Reactions: The90

Leaf4Life79

Jun 30, 2018
St. Thomas, ON
Timashov was excellent tonight. Finishing checks, and not giving up on any plays. He displayed great vision, on both assists.

Nick Shore had a nice night as well. A nice first goal, with the back hand. Him and gauthier were great on the draws as well.

Freddy Gauthier, had multiple great chances. His skating looks improved this season.

As a whole that fourth line was great.

---------------------
Our third line was also great.
Mikheyev is a swiss army knife type. So many tools. Good size, great speed. Can score, can work the boards, can pass. He had a great night.
Kerfoot was also quietly good. I don't mind his game at all.
Moore was alright too.
-------
The 1st and 2nd line were okay at best.

Overall feels good man to come out with two points against a hot team.

Agreed! Timashov and Shore need to stay on the team, enough with the line juggling, Spezza is washed up I am sorry to say.

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
Moore vs Marner.

Moore is awesome never gives up, great hustle and skill.

There is no floating around in his game-what a player.

Marner was probably the least effective player on the ice tonight.

He made one nice play on the back check, but that was it.

Tavares and Kapanen were OK.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Agreed! Timashov and Shore need to stay on the team, enough with the line juggling, Spezza is washed up I am sorry to say.

I agree with your opinion after tonight. I mean Spezza hasn't necessarily been bad, I just think the other two have been better. Petan on the other hand isn't really an nhl player.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Marner's got contract-itis right now.

Wouldn't be the first time he's had a slow start so I'm not concerned yet.
I'm worried because of the external factors. If this was just a regular slow start I'd brush it off, but given his insane demands, our overpayment and his awkwardness since, it concerns me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2