Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 5-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
What is going on with marner? He looks frustrated out there. During a power play he lost the puck and B lined it to the bench.

If you are going to ask for that crazy contract, you'd better be ready to produce. Its embarrassing
You're so right. There was a routine play (for him) during transition the other game where he would kick a pass to his stick as to not break a stride. Not only did he flub it, he missed kicking the puck entirely. It might just come down to how he's preparing for games.

Reactions: Stamkos4life

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
Marner hasn’t handled criticism from fans very well. That apology was kind of pathetic.

The best apology is scoring or creating goals.

With added salary comes added responsibility. That’s why he’s not captain. Can’t handle the pressure.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
You're so right. There was a routine play (for him) during transition the other game where he would kick a pass to his stick as to not break a stride. Not only did he flub it, he missed kicking the puck entirely. It might just come down to how he's preparing for games.

It seems he is trying to change his game this year. Seems to be shooting way more and not making his wizard like passes.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Timashov needs to stay. Him and more were the guys throwing their bodies around not afraid to make a hit or carry the puck. We need those guys now more than ever. And I easily take Shore over Spezza.

To be fair, prior to last night Shore hasn't shown much

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Sandin has made some mistakes ... so has Rielly, Muzzin, ...

It isn't whether he makes some mistakes it is whether he learns from them.
Even though my eyes liked what I had already seen from Sandin in the past year,I really didn't expect him to be as good as he is. I expected him to feel the pressure that would naturally come with that position. Yet, it seems(haven't checked) that he is getting more minutes than whoever his partner is. I see him out there a bit more. So,Babs is liking something about the lad! Really hope he stays!

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Timashov needs to stay. Him and more were the guys throwing their bodies around not afraid to make a hit or carry the puck. We need those guys now more than ever. And I easily take Shore over Spezza.

Been impressed with Timashov every game I've seen him in going back to preseason.

To me it just seems like he knows what he has to do.

I'm curious if a healthy Marchment would have got a long look?

The need coming into this season was bottom 6 (besides defenders who can), and Timashov looks comfortable there.

Reactions: Atomos2

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

The play of Shore should have put Spezza in the pressbox now and Nitro has been better than Petan.

Leafs 4th line was awesome yesterday and I think it would be a bad decision to switch it out until it struggles.

Reactions: Atomos2

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
The play of Shore should have put Spezza in the pressbox now and Nitro has been better than Petan.

Leafs 4th line was awesome yesterday and I think it would be a bad decision to switch it out until it struggles.

I think the playmaking of Timashov shows he has something between the ears. He brings some grit with him, 5'10", 192 lbs. low center of gravity might catch some off guard.

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site

Spezza might get traded.

There are other teams that need him more than the leafs. If they can grab a D on an expiring contract that would be great.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
The coach talks a great game but doesn’t know how to motivate some of these guys to be ready to play at the beginning of the game or sustain that desire an entire game.

At some point the players probably have to look into the mirror and ask... Why am I not like this regardless of my coach? This is the Era of passing the buck / responsibility / accountability though. I guess it's sort of social norms.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
Mathews 7 pts
Marner 6 pts
Include Mathews buddy
Didn't see him ripping it up last night.

Love Mathews Marners Taveras and Nylander a start excluding the last two games.
They all have to work like the bottom six.
Marner is the most overpaid in relation to his comparables. Then (in order) Matthews, Nylander, and Tavares last (his comparables are ufa’s).

So that’s why there’s more heat on Marner. He did this to himself.

Also, points aside, Marner has looked like crap all season, while Matthews and Nylander have looked good in most of their games. Tavares has also looked like crap, but he’s getting almost as much heat as Marner.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
It seems he is trying to change his game this year. Seems to be shooting way more and not making his wizard like passes.

Maybe he has been brainwashed by all the "goals are worth more than assists "comment this summer:laugh: On a pace for over 285 SOG while Tavares is trending to a Bozekian 120 SOG. 9 shots in 6 games is not JT hockey. I expect it will normalize, just like Reilly and Barrie will eventually score a goal. Just a trough in the cycle.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

Exactly. The 4th line and the 3rd line won us the game yesterday. I understand rotating the 4th line until a line takes ownership of it. Yesterday’s game was a huge statement for Shore and Timashov. I wouldn’t minD switching back to Spezza and Petan to see if they have a response. Since now they know they have to deliver given the gauntlet throw down the Shore line had.

They’ll know their days are numbered if next game they are not the main talking point positively.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
I'll post this again: it's going to be hilarious to read the complaining about Marner as he hits 100 points this season at least 30 points north of slick Willie.
People would have a right to complain. Marner is still overpaid if he is a 100 point player.
It was already shown that 100 point players are worth at most 9.5x8, (and that’s with 7 ufa years.)

Are the expectations borderline unattainable? Yes. But he did this to himself.

Reactions: willmma

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Exactly. The 4th line and the 3rd line won us the game yesterday. I understand rotating the 4th line until a line takes ownership of it. Yesterday’s game was a huge statement for Shore and Timashov. I wouldn’t minD switching back to Spezza and Petan to see if they have a response. Since now they know they have to deliver given the gauntlet throw down the Shore line had.

They’ll know their days are numbered if next game they are not the main talking point positively.

Leafs 3rd line particularly Mikheyev and Moore have been really good as well..

Hope these 2 bottom 6 lines continue to play at this level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad