Post-Game Talk: Leafs Win! 5-2 over Isles!

leafstilldeath*

Do you have a smartass meme about how our penalty kill has been since Bozak went down as well?

Learn something about hockey before posting garbage like this, because you look ignorant.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I hear science has invented a something called a pain killer that alleviates pain asoociated with any part of the body including butt-hurt pains.

FYI my problem is bozo the clown on the 1st line. U saying he cannot kill penalties if he played on the 3rd line? lol.

U a fanboy?

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
I must be in the minority as I didn't feel Rielly had a particularly good game. Fair number of turnovers and lost more puck battles than he won...That skating though, man. JVR, Kuli and Clarkson were beasts the entire night. Glad to see Clarkson get rewarded for doing the work in the trenches.

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013
Joffrey Lupul's best game of the season, and the stats show it. He had just enough ice to let his hands do the work, lots of silky smooth stick plays, and good pace.

Clarkson's best game as a Leaf. If he plays like this all the time I'll never mention his contract again. But he won't. The Islanders are a tragically soft team and couldn't do anything to him when he was shielding the puck. He'll dominate our metro opponents and the habs though :nod:

I also didn't like Clarkson's contract, but he's strong out there, and actually would look even better if he got on a cycling/possession line where all the players play that style. On one shift he made two big plays to retain possession, and the Leafs held it in for another 30-45 seconds. You put three guys out there like that, and that's where you get those long Boston-style sieges. Also doesn't hurt that we our D corps is good at pinching, even if some people only notice the screwups.

Agreed that Lupul also had a strong game. He and Clarkson both looked good with Smith (who wasn't doing too bad himself.) Don't see it being a permanent line forever, but would like to see them stay together for the time being.

Throw Kadri back on the top line (he had 5 pts in 4 games there until the JVR experiment started), and use Bozak in Bolland's role for the time being. Holland odd man out for now, but he'll get back in there soon enough.

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
I don't think Carlyle needs much coaching advice from this board, Leafs have lost more man games to injuries and suspensions than any team in the NHL, and we are still 3rd in the Eastern Conference. He knows what he is doing regardless of what some armchair coaches think.

I know right. This isn't fantasy hockey and its not always wise to load up your top line with all offensive players who have 0 interest in being defensively responsible. Otherwise why have coaches? Just pull out the stat sheet and have at it :help:

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I hear science has invented a something called a pain killer that alleviates pain asoociated with any part of the body including butt-hurt pains.

FYI my problem is bozo the clown on the 1st line. U saying he cannot kill penalties if he played on the 3rd line? lol.

U a fanboy?

Dumbest and most meaningless line on all of the internets

Penalty Kill Icing*

Quite an effort tonight. Lupul set the tone for the game with the play on the 1st goal. I haven't watched many games lately but I like offensive skills of Smith. Drives to the net.

Kessel had amazing snipes. Bernier with his usual good performance.

Franson is terribad outside the 1st PP unit.

JvR had a good game too. Kulemin was very good with the puck battles. Good on Clarkson to get a goal. Now lets see some more. :yo:

Go Leafs Go!

P.S.: The person right above my post looks like a Bozak fanboy. :naughty:

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Nice to see Clarkson getting some credit. He's had some strong games for us lately and he's shown some great possession work. He battles in the dirty areas and he has a knack for coming out of the trenches with the puck more often than not.

Edit: So I'm not the only one surprised that the Isles got that many shots on net...

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013
I think we should keep smith. Bump Kadri to top line. Bozo to 3rd.

JVR - Kadri - Kessel
Lupul - Smith - Clarkson
Raymond - Bozak - Kulemin
Ashton - McClement - Smithson

that's a beautiful lineup!

Smith is not a better play then Bozak.

I agree that BozAK is certainly better than Smith, but I like the these (top three) lines, at least for the time being. Smith's line looked good all night, and no reason Bozak can't show off his versatility - him, Raymond and Kule make a pretty good shutdown line, and I'd rather have him against top lines than McClement.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I don't think Carlyle needs much coaching advice from this board, Leafs have lost more man games to injuries and suspensions than any team in the NHL, and we are still 3rd in the Eastern Conference. He knows what he is doing regardless of what some armchair coaches think.
Thats not true.

LEAFSIN4

Jan 14, 2013
Isles had 37 shots? No way! I thought we were out shooting them the entire game. :help:

And this is why SOG don't matter.

Any player who is willing to crash the net with Kessel and Lupul on the ice will be rewarded with goals. They are simply elite playmakers... I love it!

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Not that I care too much, but have the leafs outshot their opponents any game this year? We're doing well and our shots always seem to be from better spots, but I'm surprised we haven't even out-shot a team once yet (if I'm not mistaken).

leafstilldeath*

Precisely. Because you do not think doesn't mean we don't.

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
Historically I have been a Phaneuf hater. But I am really impressed with his game this season. Much quieter, more sound, more defensively aware. It seems as though the errors in the playoffs clued him in.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Not that I care too much, but have the leafs outshot their opponents any game this year? We're doing well and our shots always seem to be from better spots, but I'm surprised we haven't even out-shot a team once yet (if I'm not mistaken).

twice, and we had 1 game tied on shots.

We lost 2 out of those 3 games :laugh:

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto

Montreal and Ottawa are like the only two I think.

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto

Outshot Buffalo last Friday most recently.

Asif16*

Historically I have been a Phaneuf hater. But I am really impressed with his game this season. Much quieter, more sound, more defensively aware. It seems as though the errors in the playoffs clued him in.

Phaneuf is awesome.

Nuff said

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad