Post-Game Talk: Leafs Win! 5-2 over Isles!

stish

Guys, this was not the best game by the Leafs this year. Short memories. That would be the game against Pittsburgh.

I agree. Leafs were very sloppy at times, especially in the second. Ranger was horrible. We got a few nice snipes and some garbage goals. Did anyone think that Ranger was head butted when he retaliated with the glove to the face(can't remember who it was)?

Mr Scarface*

Just noticed we were outshot 37-24. How the hell did that happen? :laugh:
Those are stats guys often calculating those things... these type of things tend to happen. Mistakes they are and only a mirage of what really is happening in the life. They don't add up all the shots and sometimes they give an easy one... these are just people putting up these numbers and sometimes they have been drinking juice or something. They just look at those shots live and make a decision whether its a shot or not. It's a fast game. In this game we were clearly the better team in every way. Even their coach bowd down after the game. Carlyle was that great like alexander.

Celly Hard

Nov 5, 2013
Ontario
I agree. Leafs were very sloppy at times, especially in the second. Ranger was horrible. We got a few nice snipes and some garbage goals. Did anyone think that Ranger was head butted when he retaliated with the glove to the face(can't remember who it was)?

I hate Ranger, and that to me was the best thing hes done while playing for the leafs lol! Showed some passion.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Thats not true.

Fraser 14
Bozak 10
Clarkson 10
Bolland 6
Kadri 3
Mclaren 11
Kulemin 12
Lupul 2
JVR 2

Have all missed games this season. If there is a team that has missed more, I would like to know who that is. Not many can spot as many games as we have.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Other than the gaffes by Ranger, Franson, and Gunnarsson, the Leafs played their most complete game of the season tonight. Well deserved victory.

It was great to see Clarkson finally get the monkey off his back as well. He's been playing well lately and he deserved it.

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
Fraser 14
Bozak 10
Clarkson 10
Bolland 6
Kadri 3
Mclaren 11
Kulemin 12
Lupul 2
JVR 2

Have all missed games this season. If there is a team that has missed more, I would like to know who that is. Not many can spot as many games as we have.

I believe they stated the same thing on Leafs Lunch the other day.

Asif16*

Lol at kulemin hit on tavares.

And tavares slamming into the refs crotch

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Nice win but got a feeling things are going to get tougher real quick, though.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Lol at kulemin hit on tavares.

And tavares slamming into the refs crotch

:laugh:

It was a good hit.

The ref must have an iron crotch because it did quite a bit to Tavares's head even with the helmet on, while leaving his nether regions unscathed.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
corsi2.jpg

:biglaugh: priceless

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Nice win but got a feeling things are going to get tougher real quick, though.

Yup, which is why these points during the current homestand are crucial before the team embarks on the upcoming gruelling road trip.

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013
To be honest, I havnt seen a team assess a player worse than Devils fans did of Clarkson. I knew he was a guy in the middle of a lot of scrums but I didn't know much more. His board work is fantastic and he possesses an above average hockey IQ. He's no Gretz, but he knows how to keep a play going. If he can keep playing like he has, I'll let the accountants worry about the cap.

In fairness, most Devil fans seemed to think he was a pretty good player, just not worth the contract he was getting. All in all, they had fairly good things to say for a guy that was intent on not re-signing. Think of how much hate Leafs get for signing elsewhere.

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009
Fraser 14
Bozak 10
Clarkson 10
Bolland 6
Kadri 3
Mclaren 11
Kulemin 12
Lupul 2
JVR 2

http://www.mangameslost.com/nhl-man-games-lost-november-17-2013/

Looks like 11 teams. However, you'd look a lot more credible/reasonable if you asked if there was any team that lost their top 3 centers for extended periods of time, it's extremely impressive how well we've done considering our situation.

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3