GDT: Leafs vs Wild 7:30 PM Sportsnet

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
The refs obviously want us to tank. We get f---ed two nights in a row with a BS call late in the 3rd period.

Good effort considering the fatigue factor. These guys deserved better results over the last 3 games.

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
Even ignoring the terrible shot by Holland... why did he spend a whole minute trying to set up for a one timer at a terrible angle, when he doesn't actually have a good one timer and Kadri would have had to thread the pass through like 8 bodies?

Kadri eventually got him the puck and he wasn't ready lol.

Doshy

Oct 7, 2007
I wonder if Holland will mysteriously have an "injury" tomorrow after that horrific finish to the game.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
The refs obviously want us to tank. We get f---ed two nights in a row with a BS call late in the 3rd period.

Good effort considering the fatigue factor. These guys deserved better results over the last 3 games.

I think lou 'talked' to the refs before the game?

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Love the structure and organization and all but man next season won't be very fun either if Babs doesn't loosen the reigns up a bit and let these guys play more.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Babcock ripping apart the refs big time tonight. Said that the fans deserved to see the players play, not the referee.

veedubn1

Jun 7, 2010
Love the structure and organization and all but man next season won't be very fun either if Babs doesn't loosen the reigns up a bit and let these guys play more.

Music to my ears. Another top 5 draft pick.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Babcock on Nylander again about improving...I get the tough love but cut him a bit of slack.

I saw willie shy away from contact along the boards 3 times in the offensive zone that resulted in an easy exit for minny. That shouldn't happen. If he took the contact and maintained the puck, it could have started a cycle and then who knows.
I love willie and think he will be a star, but atm he is kessel level along the boards. Hoping this changes soon, but who knows. Hopefully his dad will have a talk with him.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Babcock selling the not-tank! Genius misdirection!

lol.

I really hope that Babcock is intentionally tanking.

He put 4th liners on the PP all year and guess what... we have the worst PP in the league.

He plays Grabner on the top line even though he sucks and shouldn't be playing in the NHL.

So what does he care if we get a bad call and lose? If he wanted to win, he wouldn't be making moronic coaching decisions all year.

WillTheThrill

Mar 2, 2016
Very happy so far with Carrick. Smart player. Best of the unloading trades for the Leafs, Winnik and a 5th for Carrick and a 2nd.

Me too. I'm still in shock that Lou was able to get that return for Winnik. Carrick can be a solid number 4 defenseman on a contender.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
Babcock on Nylander again about improving...I get the tough love but cut him a bit of slack.

Babcock is always about improving. I didn't consider him to be negative about them today. He was saying they are kids & they are learning, which is accurate.

Kapanen set up Nylander a few times, could have been 2 goals for Nylander & 2 assists for Kapanen. Things will come.

The biggest negative I would have with them is some poor passes. That comes when moving up a level, defenders read the lay better & are more skilled. Nylander, Kappy & Sosh all have NHL skill, they just need time to get accustomed to it.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I saw willie shy away from contact along the boards 3 times in the offensive zone that resulted in an easy exit for minny. That shouldn't happen. If he took the contact and maintained the puck, it could have started a cycle and then who knows.
I love willie and think he will be a star, but atm he is kessel level along the boards. Hoping this changes soon, but who knows. Hopefully his dad will have a talk with him.

you hope it changes soon.... he's playing at Kessel level right now......hopefully his dad will have a talk with him..LMFAO This folks after 3 games as a 19 year old in the NHL....love this fanbase

I'm pretty sure Babcock has everything under control and daddy doesn't have to get involved.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Babcock is soooo getting fined for his comments re: refs.

he's got 50+million bucks guaranteed, I'm pretty sure he can afford it. Also it's not like he's wrong...that call on Leo was horrible...Coyle is a big man and he made no attempt at avoiding Leo he fell pretty easily..Weak weak call

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I'm all for the tank but a win once and a while would be nice...how a team doesn't take at least 1 penalty in a game is laughable really...

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
it was just a statement of fact. I didn't say Babcock wasn't wrong.
chances are anyone in the league who gets fined, can afford it.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
you hope it changes soon.... he's playing at Kessel level right now......hopefully his dad will have a talk with him..LMFAO This folks after 3 games as a 19 year old in the NHL....love this fanbase

I'm pretty sure Babcock has everything under control and daddy doesn't have to get involved.

Yup I sid it, and its true. None of what I said is bad because he's only played 3 nhl games. Maybe you take it like I'm ripping on him, but its just observation. Some call it constructive criticism. Its meant to help someone reach their potential.
He's a 19 year old kid, he should talk to his dad about it, and I'm sure babs will talk to him too, as I'm pretty sure is dad knows what it takes to play in the nhl.
All part of the learning curve. I'm hoping it changes quickly, because for lots of players it takes a long time (jvr) and some never get it (kessel).
Do you think my obserations were wrong?

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Carrick and Soshnikov impressing.

Kapenen and Nylander need to step up. The skill is there, is the effort?

Kadri and Reilly are the leaders on this team. Both look great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad