GDT: Leafs vs Sens Sept 8th - 3 p.m

Status
Not open for further replies.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Poor Liljegren, every time he pinched this game nobody backed him up ... nobody.

On a positive note the Marlie line was dominant and SDA looks really good.

Reactions: AppsSyl

Leaffan1991

Oct 22, 2016
Canada
I’m really impressed with SDA. Had no idea how skilled this kid was.
Also Sandin has been very solid. The whole backend has been solid and can really skate and handle the puck, different from what we were used to.
Although Nielsen is a different story.. slow and bad decision making.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Bracco just needs some time. He's going to be a hell of a player.

Too many posters on our board want to bury him. He has elite skill and skating.
He’s gotta look for his shot a little more. One that 2-on-1 he looked at his pass target the whole time and then passed ... would’ve been a better idea to shoot it since the pass just wasn’t there and he was about as wide open as you can possibly get.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
The one thing I really learned today is Leafs are going to try and dump Nielsen. No way he's in the top 6 for the Marlies next year.

Scott did not do well enough today. Needs to really impress in training camp and with the Raiders this year. Although the defense really started breaking down too. A lot of those goals started and ended with poor defense.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Did Scott make a save tonight?

SDA, Bracco, Brooks, and Liljegren (aside from the few bad reads) looked excellent. Lots of other bright spots in Sandin, Grundstrom, Gordeev.

After having an amazing first tourney, Nielsen has now had back to back terrible showings at this event.

Sloppy game overall but pretty fun.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Standouts:
-SDA
-Sandin
-Liljegren
-Bracco
-Brooks

Liljegren got caught too many times for my liking. Needs to work on that. He helped a lot of offense, but he was also directly responsible for a few goals too.

Reactions: Saint Blue

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Liljegren got caught too many times for my liking. Needs to work on that. He helped a lot of offense, but he was also directly responsible for a few goals too.
I blame that on Nielsen not being able to cover for him properly. I wish he had a good defensive partner

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
SDA with the #2 star of the game :nod:

I’m now a fan ... he looks like he’s got a very nice feel for the puck and excellent vision. As senator Palpatine said to Anakin Skywalker at the end of EP01 ... “We will watch your career with great interest”

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
it was 3v3 bud , you pinch with both your team mates already down low you get burned , he was ahead of the trailer on the break he just coasted and let him pass him up for the easy finish . His shot wasn't even a shot either he fanned it wide and the Sens Dman deflected it 2 bar and out , Kid needs some time in the AHL to learn how to actually play D and Develop some freaking heart .

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
it was 3v3 bud , you pinch with both your team mates already down low you get burned , he was ahead of the trailer on the break he just coasted and let him pass him up for the easy finish . His shot wasn't even a shot either he fanned it wide and the Sens Dman deflected it 2 bar and out , Kid needs some time in the AHL to learn how to actually play D and Develop some freaking heart .
agreed, if he can't show some heart in this meaningless rookie tournament, he's doomed. it's like Matthews when he didn't show up during the all star game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig