GDT: Leafs vs Sens Sept 8th - 3 p.m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's
I don't understand the Ian Scott pick at all.

Dude put up a cumulative 0.895 sv% in 126 games in the WHL (0.894 sv% in 76 games prior to being drafted). He also is only 6'3, which doesn't make him appealing size-wise.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015

Dude put up a cumulative 0.895 sv% in 126 games in the WHL (0.894 sv% in 76 games prior to being drafted). He also is only 6'3, which doesn't make him appealing size-wise.
he was on a terrible team, and I guess they thought his skills were better than his numbers. he looks downright awful now though

Reactions: Havoc

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Strange music for an official highlight video. That Bracco assist on the Grundstrom was the most impressive play of the highlight video.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto

At least it wasn't .876. That's Matt Murray pre-draft numbers.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Man, you guys are hard on keepers! :laugh:

Scott wasnt amazing but the goals he gave up wernt softies thats for sure.

Reactions: Trigger96

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
did you see the tying goal with 15 seconds left?

That bank shot is the only one of the goals that could be considered bad and would be difficult for any keeper to control. Bounced perfect to the guy and he fired it right away.

Even if you want to consider it somewhat bad, all the other goals were high end chances including a 2 on 0, a breakaway and a guy laying on top of him.

Personally, I would be more worried if he let in a couple of the goals we scored during the game.

Reactions: Trigger96

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
If anything he seems to be going backwards rather than progressing

I think he's going to be ditched in some sort of bigger trade just to free up an extra contract spot
I must agree with you. It would be nice to get something for him, but at this point I will be ok with just getting a contract spot open.
On the bright side, gone are the days where we would be hoping and praying a prospect like him could somehow turn it around.

Reactions: BM14 and Kiwi

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Ian Scott had a poor game for sure. It’s just one rookie tournament game, but he needed to come up with one big save in the final 10 minutes or OT for the boys, and did not.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
That bank shot is the only one of the goals that could be considered bad and would be difficult for any keeper to control. Bounced perfect to the guy and he fired it right away.

Even if you want to consider it somewhat bad, all the other goals were high end chances including a 2 on 0, a breakaway and a guy laying on top of him.

Personally, I would be more worried if he let in a couple of the goals we scored during the game.
He was pretty bad, it's ok to admit. The last goal, and another one stood out poorly.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
The refs have been screwing the Leafs pretty hard too. The rush before the Sens were pretty far offside and they missed it. They also call anything the Leafs do but the Sens are getting away with a few things that are just as bad (if not worse).

The refs are probably the only reason we are not steamrolling them right now. Everyone is doing pretty well, but not many have really stood out yet. Outside of a good rush and nice chances here or there.
Don't you know that the refs are the only reason the Leafs haven't won the Cup every one of the last 50 years?

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
-Bracco looked good.
-Nielson also wasn't as bad as people are making him out be but he still could've been better.
-Liljegren looked solid but you can tell he's raw. He's got a lot of potential to tap into
-Grundstrom was a boss. With his offensive ability and Physical play. He really stood out to me. I expect him to make a strong push for a 4th line spot with the big Club

Reactions: The Cobra

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
SDA was the best player for the Leafs. I was a fan at the draft, and definitely one of my favourite prospects.

Hopefully we don't send out some crappy B squad tommorow.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
One thing I liked about SDA’s game was that in very tight spaces he could subtly change direction with the puck and open up so many more lanes and angles. Very nice to see that in a young player and definitely not easy to do.

Like a jitter step, very deceptive.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
I just saw highlights and it doesn't look so bad.

He had a a few guys (our guys and theirs) in his kitchen first goal, one was a breakaway, one a guy teed it up wide open and OT was a 2-0.

Bracco looked good.

Last edited:

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
One thing I liked about SDA’s game was that in very tight spaces he could subtly change direction with the puck and open up so many more lanes and angles. Very nice to see that in a young player and definitely not easy to do.

Like a jitter step, very deceptive.

Who is SDA? Seventh Day Adventist?

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Zach Bouthillier was another questionable goalie pick with a .894 last year

He was picked for his latter half and his playoffs. He was ranked 6th out of NA goalies so it's not totally unreasonable, but I did not like the crop of goalies and I did not think the Leafs needed a goalie enough to pick one. At least they waited until the 7th.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Woof, good point.

Somehow I doubt Scott’s going to follow the same unlikely trajectory, though.

Of course it's doubtful. It always is with goalies. There's no "sure thing" goalie pick, you have to take them and they'll almost always questionable until they're not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad