Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Montreal vs Ottawa Rookie Tournament Thread

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Heeeyyyy... that channel will be useful for something then.

I watched a couple of old games during the summer out of boredom. Otherwise, I haven't watched the channel in ages.

Not related to thread, but my big gripe with Leafs TV is they play old games that the Leafs lost. Why would I want to watch that?

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Really wish they played more than 2 games :(

This weekend is a write-off for me so I won't be able to see either of them

Besides the obvious Liljegren, I'm really curious to watch Brooks. Really hoping he dominates well.

Rooting for Pospisil too. Hopefully he doesn't seem out of place.

Last edited:

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
I know there's a lot of player to see succeed but this is my list of (in-order) important players to watch for (the stuff in the brackets is for if they succeed):

F
Bracco (We can move Nylander to C, Matthews-Bracco we've seen before)
Brooks (We can keep Nylander at RW, Kadri 2C, Brooks 3C).
Grundstrom (He could do well on any line from the shutdown line to the Matthews line)

Timashov

Dzierkals
Korostelev

D
Liljegren

Dermott
Nielsen

Rasanen

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I fully expect the Habs to beat us but damn, that's a bad pool of prospects. Once Price and Weber slow down, they're cooked because there doesn't seem to be any help coming.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
With only 2 players who were pros in 2016-17, Montreal's going to get destroyed at this tournament. Ottawa has 5 pros plus 3 European pros and the Leafs have 8 NA pros plus 2 pros from Sweden.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Wow that Habs roster is brutally bad. Don't recognize a single forward except Audette.

one77

Dec 22, 2013
Liljegren, Grundstrom, Brooks and Nielsen are the guys I'm excited to see.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Lol ottawa has sent some pretty stacked teams over the years... I was there 2? or so years ago and they sent a squad of low end nhl players it was pretty pathetic. I remember more about it now, thats the game where snizz did that UNREAL wraparound to score, if any1 remembers/knows what i'm talking about. I knew after that game that snizz was going to be a superstar in the league in short order. Yeah I keep thinking about it, Kapp willie and marner definitely were a line during that game as well, it was fun to watch.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Lol ottawa has sent some pretty stacked teams over the years... I was there 2? or so years ago and they sent a squad of low end nhl players it was pretty pathetic. I remember more about it now, thats the game where snizz did that UNREAL wraparound to score, if any1 remembers/knows what i'm talking about. I knew after that game that snizz was going to be a superstar in the league in short order.

Who's snizz?

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I may be missing these games. I hope some of you have the time to provide a brief highlights of the game(s).

Thanks in advance!

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Willie, his twitter used to be snizzbone, a lot of ppl on here called him snizz for awhile, I still like it so I call him that sometimes.

He stopped using that presumably because it's actually a vulgar word for a part of the human anatomy.

Scherzo

Feb 28, 2017
I may be missing these games. I hope some of you have the time to provide a brief highlights of the game(s).

Thanks in advance!

Most likely there will be Game in Six for these games. There have been for previous years.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
I guess we are about to find out which rookies had a Mike Babcock "Hockey Summer"

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Lol ottawa has sent some pretty stacked teams over the years... I was there 2? or so years ago and they sent a squad of low end nhl players it was pretty pathetic. I remember more about it now, thats the game where snizz did that UNREAL wraparound to score, if any1 remembers/knows what i'm talking about. I knew after that game that snizz was going to be a superstar in the league in short order. Yeah I keep thinking about it, Kapp willie and marner definitely were a line during that game as well, it was fun to watch.

Well considering the owner has tried to ban Leaf fans from buying tickets a few times in the past, tells you that org has an unhealthy obsession with our org. I mean who is that petty that they want to prevent hockey fans from watching the game live?

We have a long standing tradition where we encourage Sens fans (all 13 of them) to travel to the ACC anytime they want.....its pretty cool they can fit their entire fan base in a mini-bus... :naughty::popcorn:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad