Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Montreal vs Ottawa Rookie Tournament Thread

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Hope it's ok to start this early, but I figured since it's later this week and we are all itching for hockey it would be fine.

Leafs roster announced here

https://www.nhl.com/mapleleafs/news/maple-leafs-announce-2017-rookie-tournament-roster/c-290781442

Habs roster here

https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/...urnament-camp-23-players-list-poehling-ikonen

Sens roster here

https://www.nhl.com/senators/news/o...o-2017-rookie-camp-and-tournament/c-290779556

Schedule

Friday, September 8 7 p.m. Game 1 Montreal vs. Toronto
Saturday, September 9 7 p.m. Game 2 Ottawa vs. Montreal
Sunday, September 10 4 p.m. Game 3 Toronto vs. Ottawa

What else can I say but.. HOCKEY IS BACK BABY!! :yo: :handclap: :cry: :yo:

Last edited by a moderator:

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
The one event they show on the terrible channel in order to pull customers in.

Thought RogersTV would have it atleast.

This is stuff that should be shown on LeafsTV. I mean not even everyone here watches it, the % of the general population that would tune in would be minuscule.

And I cannot get Rogers where I live, so Im quite happy with it on Leafs TV.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
So I assume Liljgren is the guy everyone wants to see. First time we'll get a good look at him against other competition in his age group in an NHL environment. Also interested in seeing Rasanen and what he can do. Dermott should look like a top 5 defender in this tournament.

For forwards, I want to specifically see Bracco and Grundstrom.

54thecup

keep on rockin the free world!
Aug 3, 2017
Muskoka
Ya I am definitely interested in seeing these 5 play although I expect big Ras to be back in Kingston shortly, he needs a few years of development in Jr now.

Also curious to see how Brooks fairs.

Very happy that Grundstrom will be here! When the news broke that he would be loaned to Frolunda I wasn't sure, their season starts Sept 16th. Wonder how long he'll stay in NA, I see him as a likely piece for the big team over the next 2 yrs.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
So I assume Liljgren is the guy everyone wants to see. First time we'll get a good look at him against other competition in his age group in an NHL environment. Also interested in seeing Rasanen and what he can do. Dermott should look like a top 5 defender in this tournament.

For forwards, I want to specifically see Bracco and Grundstrom.

Ya I think Dermott will quietly dominate like he was near the end of last year on the Marlies. Neilsen may get more praise as he is a flashier player but Dermott just does all the small things right.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
cut.jpg

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Friday, September 8 7 p.m. Game 1 Montreal vs. Toronto
Saturday, September 9 7 p.m. Game 2 Ottawa vs. Montreal
Sunday, September 10 4 p.m. Game 3 Toronto vs. Ottawa

54thecup

keep on rockin the free world!
Aug 3, 2017
Muskoka
Heeeyyyy... that channel will be useful for something then.

I watched a couple of old games during the summer out of boredom. Otherwise, I haven't watched the channel in ages.
Hey I live in a condo resort in Muskoka where I only get basic SNET @ TSN. No Leafs channel. I cant change my TV pkge.

Any suggestions on where I can watch these games, I did watch the rookie games here last year.

Investigating streaming options but would appreciate some advise.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Expectations from Liljegren? I want him to play a smart game, nothing dangerous or trying to do too much.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Hey I live in a condo resort in Muskoka where I only get basic SNET @ TSN. No Leafs channel. I cant change my TV pkge.

Any suggestions on where I can watch these games, I did watch the rookie games here last year.

Investigating streaming options but would appreciate some advise.

Your only potential free option will be Mapleleafs.com

We do not allow discussion of illegal streams on hfboards

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Like always, the A team will play on the first night. Tune in for that one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad