Series Talk: Leafs vs Jackets- Series Preview and Discussion - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
You heard...maybe move him (and Andersen) for something else.
Not sure why this crossed you mind now but that would be a horrible move. He's entering his prime, he's only paid 5M per year for 2 more seasons, and he has the ability to play way above his pay grade.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Craig Button is setting the narrative on tsn that we will be in trouble if we don’t pay attention to details against Columbus and living in the past that they put out Tampa last year.

I will be getting my hockey elsewhere when they start that crap of putting all the pressure on and one sided agenda sh!t.

Keefe is going to own them is my number one wish. Really we can beat anybody if we oay attention to details and that is nothing new. Teams defenses aren’t going to be as sharp and we are not a defensively oriented team. Seems to me it will be more of a detrimental acknowledgment for Columbus. I don’t think they are going to start with the puck as much off face offs as we are. We’ll see who’s chasing the game soon enough button.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Craig Button is setting the narrative on tsn that we will be in trouble if we don’t pay attention to details against Columbus and living in the past that they put out Tampa last year.

I will be getting my hockey elsewhere when they start that crap of putting all the pressure on and one sided agenda sh!t.

Keefe is going to own them is my number one wish. Really we can beat anybody if we oay attention to details and that is nothing new. Teams defenses aren’t going to be as sharp and we are not a defensively oriented team. Seems to me it will be more of a detrimental acknowledgment for Columbus. I don’t think they are going to start with the puck as much off face offs as we are. We’ll see who’s chasing the game soon enough button.
Button keeps reminding me why he's the only person at TSN I absolutely hate.

It's one thing to say how Columbus upset Tampa last year, however he doesn't bring up how they lost Duchene and Panarin who was #1 and #2 in scoring against the Lightning and they also lost Bobrovsky.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014

It's one thing to say how Columbus upset Tampa last year, however he doesn't bring up how they lost Duchene and Panarin who was #1 and #2 in scoring against the Lightning and they also lost Bobrovsky.

He was acting like take this as a warning lol

Reactions: LeafsNation75

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Button basically did the same thing in 2018, because he said if given a choice Toronto would rather have played Tampa instead of Boston at that time. Yes I know they lost to the Bruins that year, but that was in a Game 7 and they had a 4-3 lead going into the 3rd period.

All we can hope for is the expierence mixes right with the skill and they can control the play with confidence. I think they were pressuring themselves to much in other playoffs. Hopefully the expierence keeps them calm now. No crowd means no pressure I believe too.

Last edited:
Reactions: LeafsNation75

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
All we can hope for us the expierence mixes right with the skill and they can control the play with confidence. I think they were pressuring themselves to much in other playoffs. Hopefully the expierence keeps them calm now. No crowd means no pressure I believe too.
I like to see what he's going to say about the Pittsburgh and Montreal series, because the Canadiens don't even deserve to be in the play in round. My feeling is he will say how great Carey Price is and how he could possibly steal that series for them.

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Toronto has to thrash the Bluejackets otherwise naysayers like myself and Button will continue.

I really hope they do. I hate getting let down.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

That seems rather obvious.
The Leafs won't win the series if they take the BJ's likely, why would that thought upset you?

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Toronto has to thrash the Bluejackets otherwise naysayers like myself and Button will continue.

I really hope they do. I hate getting let down.
So you don't see anything wrong with Button brining up what they did against Tampa last year, despite losing Duchene, Panarin and Bobrovsky and not at least mentioning that important fact.

Reactions: Auston Escobar

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
I like to see what he's going to say about the Pittsburgh and Montreal series, because the Canadiens don't even deserve to be in the play in round. My feeling is he will say how great Carey Price is and how he could possibly steal that series for them.
Isn't that true?

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
It's possible. However Pittsburgh should be a much more heavy favorite and I think Button will end up giving Montreal much more benefit of the doubt and talking more positively about them compared to his comments regarding Toronto.
I don't listen to the talking heads but my impression I get from the comments here is that people tend to hear what they want.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
So you don't see anything wrong with Button brining up what they did against Tampa last year, despite losing Duchene, Panarin and Bobrovsky and not at least mentioning that important fact.

I do. Just because CBJ beat TBL last year doesn't mean theyll beat TOR this year.

Yes. They are
a different team. I don't think that they are terrible though.

Without being too controversial and with the limited time that you get on tv to make comments Button has to spit out his reasoning quickly.

By no means do I support Button. He's not my favourite hockey personality.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA

All these "Remember Tampa" people, obviously think that Andersen is going to have and .857sv% like Vasi did.
The Bolts beat The Bolts.

Tampa was the outlier, not the blueprint

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I don't listen to the talking heads but my impression I get from the comments here is that people tend to hear what they want.
If Button would have mentioned that Columbus won't have Duchene and Panarin since they were #1 and #2 in scoring against Tampa Bay, it would have made sense given their role helping the Blue Jackets sweep them if he was to bring up what they did last year.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
All these "Remember Tampa" people, obviously think that Andersen is going to have and .857sv% like Vasi did.

Isn’t that sort of what Button is saying? Don’t beat yourself by taking a team lightly

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

Not sure how much of an outlier Tampa was when all 1st place teams lost in the 1st round. We're going to be favourites in this one but there's zero reason to expect it will be easy and it wouldn't be the least bit shocking if we lost.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
That seems rather obvious.
The Leafs won't win the series if they take the BJ's likely, why would that thought upset you?
It wasn ‘t in the middle of a discussion. It was made the narrative like its a big deal. It was a stupid anti leaf hype type statement. Go listento it at tsn and get your own take

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
It wasn ‘t in the middle of a discussion. It was made the narrative like its a big deal. It was a stupid anti leaf hype type statement. Go listento it at tsn and get your own take
I just saw what Button said about Montreal's chances against Pittsburgh and he said they need Carey Price to play like Jaroslav Halak did against Washington in 2010, because he said Pittsburgh on paper is the much better team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad