Series Talk: Leafs vs Jackets- Series Preview and Discussion - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Sports fans are going to be in for a treat when sports return.

Non stop action between NHL, MLB and NBA.

That will be...awesome.
Yeah I'm going to be stuck to the TV all day lol.
I wonder what time slot the Leafs get. Have to think prime time so maybe 4 EST or 8 EST.
Only really focused on the Leafs in terms of prime time, because there is no way the NBA will give the Raptors prime time.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
It wasn ‘t in the middle of a discussion. It was made the narrative like its a big deal. It was a stupid anti leaf hype type statement. Go listento it at tsn and get your own take
It’s ok I’m good.
I like to form my own opinions.

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga

not a fan of the officials we got but oh well. At least we don't have Brad Meier

FC33EE39-8B08-41B2-A2D4-AE673B6F4446.jpeg

Rehman and McCauley each have a positive differential when it comes to penalties for and against us, so I’m glad they’re in our hub.

Pollock, Dwyer, and Charron all lean at a positive differential for us as well, albeit not as dramatically as the aforementioned two, but that’s still a good sign.

Hebert is just barely negative, and Lee is even. These guys should at least be neutral.

Furlatt will be an issue if he refs any of our games since he leans heavily negative with the differential. L’Ecuyer and Hanson also lean more negatively.

Overall I thing we got a good deal with the refs we’ll be dealing with. At least we don’t have to see St. Laurent these playoffs, until we make the finals of course :naughty:.

Reactions: stickty111

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
It's possible. However Pittsburgh should be a much more heavy favorite and I think Button will end up giving Montreal much more benefit of the doubt and talking more positively about them compared to his comments regarding Toronto.
First, Pittsburgh was pretty heavily favored over the Islanders last year. Is Montreal that much worse a team? Isn't Price a better goalie?

Second, it's just his opinion, and part of it is being controversial. You don't have to take the bait.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
View attachment 352956

Rehman and McCauley each have a positive differential when it comes to penalties for and against us, so I’m glad they’re in our hub.

Pollock, Dwyer, and Charron all lean at a positive differential for us as well, albeit not as dramatically as the aforementioned two, but that’s still a good sign.

Hebert is just barely negative, and Lee is even. These guys should at least be neutral.

Furlatt will be an issue if he refs any of our games since he leans heavily negative with the differential. L’Ecuyer and Hanson also lean more negatively.

Overall I thing we got a good deal with the refs we’ll be dealing with. At least we don’t have to see St. Laurent these playoffs, until we make the finals of course :naughty:.
The funny thing is that we have about our best win/loss with Furley, and one of our worst with McAuley.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
First, Pittsburgh was pretty heavily favored over the Islanders last year. Is Montreal that much worse a team? Isn't Price a better goalie?

Second, it's just his opinion, and part of it is being controversial. You don't have to take the bait.

That's all true but you gotta admit, Button is pretty annoying. IMHO he has one of the most punchable faces/voices in the business.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
well we're doomed to qualify for the 1st overall.....Button say's so, in fact he say's the Leafs will get their lunch handed to them
TSN Broadcaster: "Leafs Will Lose First Round"

TSN broadcaster, Craig Button does not believe the Toronto Maple Leafs has what it takes. They are not matched up against the Boston Bruins, but he still believes the Maple Leafs will face a first round playoff exit.

Button feels quite strongly about this perspective on the Maple Leafs. If the players and coaches do not invest their time going over the fine details of the game, the Columbus Blue Jackets will "walk right over them."

McSnypsky

Jun 22, 2019
Just a curious question, since no fans are allowed would they let other teams show up to watch games?

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
PPP did a rough outline based on the scheduling info by Bob, and if we follow the usual 1 vs 8 which is series 1, which is now 5 vs 12, the Leafs would be series 4 in this case, they would begin their series on August 2nd at 8:00 EST. They would get this time slot for every game.

Details of NHL broadcast schedule revealed

The NHL will 100% want the Leafs to play on the first Saturday HNIC of the schedule.

Reactions: stickty111

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
PPP did a rough outline based on the scheduling info by Bob, and if we follow the usual 1 vs 8 which is series 1, which is now 5 vs 12, the Leafs would be series 4 in this case, they would begin their series on August 2nd at 8:00 EST. They would get this time slot for every game.

Details of NHL broadcast schedule revealed

not sure the ice can take this schedule, at least not the ice in Toronto??????????

Reactions: Merrrlin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad