Series Talk: Leafs vs Jackets - Cup quest begins...Camp is open!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
If we lose to the Habs on the 28th the next five days will feel like an eternity.

Tune up game, people shouldn’t read into it. I’d rather lose the exhibition then get an injury.

I think we’ll beat Montreal, but all I want from that game is a healthy lineup.

Reactions: Nylander88

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019

Wow, Nylander is so lazy. Can't even be bothered to skate off the ice

Check out this dingus:

upload_2020-7-22_17-1-39.png

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
Tune up game, people shouldn’t read into it. I’d rather lose the exhibition then get an injury.

I think we’ll beat Montreal, but all I want from that game is a healthy lineup.

Oh absolutely, I'm not too worried about the outcome of that game, I just know the hot takes from Sportsnet, TSN, twitter, HF, etc. are going to be unbearable.

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018

Not sure why they only played 1 period, but team Matthews won (to the surprise of nobody)

Per Shilton, part of today's "practice" was homework for the players to wake up and go through the motions of what a game day might look like with a weird game start time. So they started the scrimmage super late, they might not allowed to run practices past a certain time so maybe that's why it was so short.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017

Wow, Nylander is so lazy. Can't even be bothered to skate off the ice

How can anybody hate Nylander? Makes 2/3's of what the other big guns make and is always staying late or going on early to do some extra work. He worked hard and bounced back strong this year and keeps pushing.

Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being our Hossa/Kessel guy in these playoffs and puts up great numbers.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
How can anybody hate Nylander? Makes 2/3's of what the other big guns make and is always staying late or going on early to do some extra work. He worked hard and bounced back strong this year and keeps pushing.

Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being our Hossa/Kessel guy in these playoffs and puts up great numbers.
No one hates Nylander. Like all players he does some things we don’t like at times, good player otherwise

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Andersen gave a lot of great games and even stole some under Babcock. However it makes you question if the goalie has to keep stealing them at times, was the system even all that good? The fact is Babcock's system was flat out horrendous.
Keefe's system is a lot more conductive to winning as evidence by the offensive and defensive numbers. The goalie was mainly the problem.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

Some of the criticism comes from the Marner crowd not accepting Nylander and Marner are close as players.
In fact he was actually one of the hardest working players on the team.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
It doesn't. Offense and goaltending do.
It's no use. People have stuck to a 1930's narrative and think it still applies.
If you get offense and good goaltending, that beats defence every day of the week.
Then again I see from this thread, false fact after false facts are being spread like "Keefe's system is the issue", so it doesn't matter what we say.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

Keefe has had enough answering about Robertson:laugh:
All though just watch Shilton play the victim card to a show saying "he was being mean to the media".

Reactions: Dekes For Days

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

With playoffs starting in less then 2 weeks and exhibition in a week, I have to think we will know if Robertson will be on the team in the next 3-4 days. Keefe probably wants his lineup getting full reps, so I doubt this evaluation takes much longer.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
Robertson I think has a legit shot of making it, it appears. Question: I assume leafs can keep him for 9 games and then send him back down so his ELC doesn’t get burned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad